- File Size: 249 KB
- Print Length: 114 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1544856768
- Publication Date: March 20, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XRXYWHJ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#929,936 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #71 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Poetry
- #222 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Depression & Mental Illness > Mental Illness
- #255 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Personal Health > Depression
|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Save $6.00 (67%)
The Weightless One Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
All the words serve perfectly to describe how I feel about the Weightless One. Yet again, Anaïs Chartschenko offers a brutally honest, intensely real, and disarming read. Unlike her previous collections, this is a poetic narrative that talks of a young woman who is battling an eating disorder, the reasons for it, the traumas that aggravated it, and the damage it can do in our lives. Language is never too elevated to ensure the point gets through... and boy does it. Some verses hit like a sledgehammer and the entire collection is written with the brutal unflinching honesty characteristic of this wonderful poet.
Chartschenko doesn't care if what she captures in words rattles you, makes you uncomfortable, unnerves you, or even hurts. She's not about making you feel comfortable... she's all about making you feel.
I think this is an important collection to share with people of all ages in the hopes that like some other works of art it helps people understand more about the challenges people with eating disorders face and how it can ravage not just one life, but several.
Raw, intense, real poetry for those who know that roses are not always red and want no puffery with their verses.
This book is not just for people who have or know people with eating disorders. It is for anyone who has ever struggled through dark despair. It reminds us that no matter how dark our circumstances, we can find the light and we can embrace healing.
This is one of the most powerful books I have read in a long time. I give it a whole hearted 5 out of 5.
This book is more than poetry. Its a story within the poetry, a journal from the life of someone grieving in the only way they know how.
It's powerful. The inside glimpse of the world surrounding mental health issues is nothing short of amazing. Chartschenko approaches this misunderstood problem with care, with love, and with a beauty only known to those who live within it.
Whether you are a fan of poetry or not, this is a book worthy of an afternoon read you'll not soon forget.
I didn't really want to review it because when I finished the book I felt like there were no words to do it justice. But what is most miraculous is the way Chartschenko, over the course of all the versus, uses so few words yet manages to convey so, so much.
Easily one of the best books I've read this year.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Stories In Verse
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Depression & Mental Illness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Personal Health > Depression
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Poetry
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Depression & Mental Illness > Mental Illness