Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > A Man Without a Country forum

Welcome to the Man without a Country forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2005 10:21:41 AM PST
Be the first to start a new discussion in this forum. Share questions, insights, and views about your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2005 6:59:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2005 7:29:03 AM PST
GuitarJ56 says:
I haven't read the book yet. But I am soooooo looking forward to it! I have read every book this man has published, and I hope he will keep writing until his very last day. I can only say, if you do not enjoy Kurt Vonnegut, then you can just (as he would say...) "TAKE A FLYING F**k AT THE MOON!" HI-HO !

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2006 10:41:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2006 10:42:08 PM PST
Bishop Baker says:
Well, I would say that Vonnegut is such an outstanding author that anyone who doesn't enjoy him probably simply hasn't read him yet. You don't have to be a liberal to recognize literary genius. Yes, by all means read "A Man Without a Country," which could well be a collection of trial acceptance speeches for the Nobel Prize, and then jump on the bandwagon: the Nobel for Vonnegut in 2006!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2006 1:58:55 PM PST
Alternately, someone who doesn't enjoy Vonnegut might have read "Jailbird". That could be enough to push someone away.

I'm glad that when my work doesn't gel together nicely, it's not then put on public display...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2006 10:48:55 AM PST
"A Man Without a Country," (Seven Stories Press, 2005), is a slender book of Vonnegut's musings, opinions and insights about the state of humanity, and specifically American humanity. It starts out grumpy - bringing to mind my mother, only eighty to Vonnegut's eighty-three and Carter's eighty-two - and focuses on all the bad news in the world: greed, religion, politics, and the curious admixture of religion with politics.

Read complete review at www.sramosobriant.com

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2006 9:25:10 AM PST
But aren't there plenty of reviews on Amazon's site? Why would anyone want to go to your little site to get reviews?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2006 10:19:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2006 1:20:12 AM PDT
Bishop Baker says:
Of course you are right. If you just read a single work of any author, there is a chance you won't like it and assume you wouldn't like any of his other work.

I'm curious to know what work of yours has gelled together nicely and is on public display.

Hey, Gus the Goldfish! Where are you? Is this another hit and run?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2005
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Man Without a Country (Book Club Edition)
A Man Without a Country (Book Club Edition) by Kurt Vonnegut (Paperback - 2005)
4.2 out of 5 stars (289)