- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: HarperBusiness (April 22, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0062307304
- ISBN-13: 978-0062307309
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 58 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #290,212 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Welcome to the Real World: Finding Your Place, Perfecting Your Work, and Turning Your Job into Your Dream Career Paperback – April 22, 2014
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
It's a challenging time to be young and new in the workplace. Your parents can't help—the rules have all changed. In Welcome to the Real World, career expert and entrepreneur Lauren Berger arms you with the tools you need to succeed. She's been in your shoes—just a few years ago she was you. This handbook tells you everything you need to know to make the most of your first on-the-job experience, including how to
- think about the big picture
- deal with rejection
- effectively manage your time
- navigate sticky situations in the office and communicate with different personality types
- embrace entrepreneurship regardless of position, rank, or title
- organize your financial situation and personal life
- get promoted and (one day) take your boss's job!
In a world defined by uncertainty, Lauren shows you how to be bold, take risks, and understand your value.
About the Author
Lauren Berger is arguably the nation's most in-demand career and internship expert. She is the CEO and founder of the top-internship website www.internqueen.com as well as www.laurenbergerinc.com. Her first book, All Work, No Pay, is a national campus bestseller. Berger has been featured on Today, Fox & Friends, Marie, the Hallmark Channel, and other media outlets. She has also appeared in the New York Times and Seventeen.