Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Slow Man forum

Welcome to the Slow Man forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2005 7:25:35 AM PST
Be the first to start a discussion below! Ask questions, share insights, and express your views on your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2005 6:16:39 PM PST
I just finished this book and really enjoyed it but was still puzzled at the end by the appearance of Elizabeth. Exactly how did she get involved with this? She seemed to know Marijana or at least of her. Did I miss something? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2005 5:03:52 PM PST
To me it felt that Elizabeth Costello is just a figment of Paul's imagination. He's built this character is his mind that he talks to when he's lonely. I could almost imagine all characters other than the Jokic family to be his mind's creation - the woman with the dark glasses included. Otherwise it's hard to imagine how Ms Costello knew about Paul having seen her in the lift and many other instances in which Paul was all by himself. This would also just go to show how lonely Paul was and how talking to Elizabeth, his arch nemisis, helps him justify his actions while pushing him at the same time.

Posted on Feb 7, 2009 9:40:16 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 7, 2009 1:43:42 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 7, 2009 9:46:25 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 7, 2009 9:47:16 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Slow Man forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2005
Latest post:  Feb 7, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Slow Man
Slow Man by J. M. Coetzee (Paperback - October 3, 2006)
3.6 out of 5 stars (58)