- Product Dimensions: 16 x 4.8 x 24.5 inches ; 26 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 26.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B000VTQB6W
- Item model number: 88407
- Average Customer Review: 3,048 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #842 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food
|Price:||$63.28 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$4.71 (7%)|
|You Save:||Save $3.16 (5%)|
- GRAIN FREE: grain free, complete and balanced everyday nutrition to support your dog's healthy weight.
- REDUCED FAT FORMULA: Naturally grain free, protein rich, lower fat recipe using real turkey, chicken & salmon oil to support your dog's healthy weight management.
- ALL NATURAL: Contains only premium, all natural ingredients with no wheat, corn, soy, meat by-products, or artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.
- MADE IN USA: Backed by the Wellness Guarantee and proudly made only in the USA.
- SUBSCRIBE & SAVE: Hassle-free way to save 5% and always keep your pantry stocked.
Unlock 15% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Reduced Fat Dry Dog Food
Wellness CORE Benefits Your Dog
Live active probiotics, prebiotics and fiber promote a healthy intestinal tract and overall digestive health.
Essential vitamins, minerals and fatty acids like Omega 3 and 6 encourage healthy cellular activity, a shiny coat and disease resistance by boosting immunity.
Proper essential nutrients promote healthy eyes, teeth and gums.
High Protein levels increase lean muscle mass and the ability to burn excess fat and calories.
Fruit and Veggie Antioxidants improve your dog's overall nutrition.
High quality carbohydrates provide a daily energy boost for your dog.
The taste and nutrition of a protein based formula.
-- PROTEIN POWERHOUSE --
With 80% more meat than traditional dog foods containing grains, CORE Reduced Fat dog food supports the raw feeding philosophy to provide an extremely high level of meat.
-- GRAIN FREE GOODNESS --
CORE products are 100% free of grain and animal by-products, while remaining flavor-full of meaty protein.
-- ANTIOXIDANTS, OMEGA FATTY ACIDS, PROBIOTICS AND MORE --
At the heart of every tasty CORE bite is a careful balance of natural ingredients for a nutrient-dense meal your pets can sink their teeth into.
A premium, all-natural, grain-free, high-protein reduced fat dry dog food.
We care for animals from the inside out, and your dog's long-term well-being is at the CORE of everything we do. That's why we've developed an extensive quality assurance program, guaranteeing that our products are safe, pure and balanced.
Our goal is to help you provide a healthy, happy, long life for your pet through the power of natural nutrition using a small number of simple, pure, authentic ingredients. We are passionate about providing your pet with safe, uncompromising nutrition.
Feeding Wellness CORE Dry Dog Food
Grain Free Goodness. Protein Powerhouse.
This dry dog food is specially formulated for adult, non-reproducing dogs over one year old. Puppies and pregnant or nursing mothers may have special nutritional requirements. See special flavor formulations for puppies in the CORE products chart below.
Your pet may tend to eat more of CORE dry dog food.
Watch initially to see if you need to adjust regular eating patterns. Give your dog access to clean, cool fresh water at all times, and feed Wellness CORE in combination whenever possible to increase the level of water in your dog's diet. Nutrition is the foundation of well-being, but be sure to give your dog plenty of love, exercise and see your veterinarian regularly!
It is important to slowly transition to a new diet.
It takes a few days for your pet's body to adapt to the new nutrient levels in CORE dog food. To transition, gradually mix in CORE dog food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount each day, so that you are feeding 100% Wellness CORE by day 7.
- CORE dog food contains high quality meat-based proteins.
- Most CORE dog food formulations contain poultry and/or fish protein.
- Many CORE dog food formulations contain omega fatty acids from fish oil.
- Some poultry-free and fish-free dog food formulations are available (see flavor formulation chart below).
- For a detailed ingredients list, see the specific CORE dog food formulation product page.
|CORE Dry Dog Food||CORE Air Dried Dog Food||CORE Wet Dog Food||CORE Chunky Centers Wet Dog Food||CORE 95% Wet Dog Food||CORE Superfood Protein Bars|
|Available Sizes||4 lb, 12 lb, 26 lb Bags||2 lb Bags||12.5 oz Cans||6 oz Cups||6 oz Cans||5.5 oz Bags|
|Recommended Usage||Meal for Everyday Well-being||Meal, Topper or Treat for Ultra-digestible 70% Protein||Meal or Topper for Everday Well-being||Topper or Treat With Two Textures in Every Bite||Meal or Topper With 95% Protein||Treat with Protein & Superfoods|
|Flavor 1||ORIGINAL: Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal & Chicken Meal||ORIGINAL: Turkey & Chicken (contains no fish)||Turkey, Chicken Liver & Turkey Liver||Beef, Lamb & White Sweet Potato (contains no fish)||Chicken with Broccoli (contains no fish)||Turkey & Duck with Kale (contains no fish)|
|Flavor 2||REDUCED FAT: Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal & Chicken Meal||OCEAN: Whitefish & Salmon (contains no poultry)||Salmon, Whitefish & Herring (contains no poultry)||Chicken, Chicken Liver & Spinach (contains no fish)||Turkey with Spinach (contains no fish)||Beef & Bison with Blueberries (contains no poultry or fish)|
|Flavor 3||OCEAN: Whitefish & Herring (contains no poultry)||PUPPY: Turkey, Chicken & Salmon||WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: Chicken, Pork Liver, Whitefish & Turkey||Turkey, Duck & White Sweet Potato (contains no fish)||Beef with Carrots (contains no fish)||Salmon & Whitefish with Pomegranates (contains no poultry)|
|Flavor 4||SMALL BREED: Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal & Chicken Meal||Turkey, Pork Liver & Duck||Salmon, Tuna & Spinach||Salmon & Whitefish with Sweet Potatoes (contains no poultry)||Chicken & Turkey with Sweet Potatoes (contains no fish)|
|Flavor 5||PUPPY: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal & Turkey Meal (contains no fish)||Beef, Venison & Lamb (contains no poultry or fish)||Lamb, Turkey & Kale (contains no fish)|
|Flavor 6||WILD GAME: Duck, Wild Boar & Rabbit (contains no fish)||PUPPY: Turkey, Chicken & Herring||Tuna, Chicken & Kale|
|Flavor 7||LARGE BREED: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal & Turkey Meal (contains no fish)|
Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food Reduced Fat Weight Management Turkey & Chicken Recipe is healthy, 100% natural grain free dog food for adult dogs made with turkey, chicken, salmon oil and fruits and vegetables to help support your dog's optimal health, featuring 25% less fat than Wellness CORE Original Recipe to help your dog maintain a healthy weight and fortified with antioxidents, probiotics, vitamins and minerals, including fish and flax omega blend for healthy skin and coat. Wellness CORE grain free dog food formulas are based on the nutritional philosophy that dogs thrive on a diet mainly comprised of meat. Each grain free, nutrient-rich formula provides high quality protein for your dog with no meat by-products or fillers, grain, corn, soy, wheat-gluten or artificial preservatives, colors or flavors.
Flavor Name: Reduced Fat | Size: 26-Pound Bag
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
IngredientsDeboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Potatoes, Peas, Dried Ground Potatoes, Pea Fiber, Tomato Pomace, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Chicken Liver, Natural Chicken Flavor, Flaxseed, Salmon Oil, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Kale, Broccoli, Spinach, Parsley, Apples, Blueberries, Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Beta-Carotene, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin, Folic Acid], Minerals [Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate], Choline Chloride, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Taurine, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract.This is a naturally preserved product.
DirectionsWellness CORE recipes are for dogs 1 year and olderTransitioning to WellnessIt is important to slowly transition your pet from his/her current diet as it takes a few days for the body to adapt to the new nutrient levels. To transition, gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Wellness each day, so that you are feeding 100% Wellness by day 7. Combination Feeding:Keep a clean bowl of fresh water available at all times. Wellness believes in feeding dry and wet food in combination whenever possible to help increase the level of water in your dog's diet.
Compare to similar items
This item Wellness CORE Natural Reduced Fat Grain Free Dry Dog Food, Turkey & Chicken, 26-Pound Bag
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$19.24||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$21.45||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Beaver Creek Pet Supplies||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Petfoodetc||Amazon.com|
|Age Range Description||adult||adult||puppy||adult||adult||adult|
|Item Dimensions||4.75 x 16 x 24.5 in||4 x 31 x 16 in||4.75 x 16 x 24.5 in||15 x 26 x 3.75 in||30 x 16 x 22 in||17 x 25.5 x 5 in|
|Item Weight||26 lbs||35 lbs||26 lbs||24 lbs||30 lbs||30 lbs|
|Size||26-Pound Bag||35-Pound||26-Pound Bag||24-Pound Bag||30 oz||30 lb|
|Special Ingredients||gluten-free, grain-free, organic||holistic||grain-free||grain-free||limited-ingredients||holistic|
Top customer reviews
A few days later she started developing bad constipation and would cry when she had to poo. I took her to the vet and got no help, since they endorse Royal Canin and Eukanuba, breed specific formula's. I got a second, third and fourth opinion and they all recommended switching to a hypoallergenic food/grain free. Been there, done that... It didn't work.
I finally found a holistic vet that recommended Wellness Core because it did not contain Beet Pulp. She stated that beet pulp is used as a filler/stool hardener and is found in most premium brands. It can cause tear staining and other digestive problems. Out of curiosity I headed to my local PetsMart to look at ingredients in all the premium dog foods. Sure enough beet pulp was found in all of them. Out of 20+ varieties of puppy food I only found 3 foods that contained no beet pulp.
I bought a small bag to try for month. Her constipation was gone the first week. The watery eyes totally stopped around the third week. I was terrified I bought a sick puppy, since she was Toy and inherently can have a lot of heath problems. It has been 2 months since I switched her to Core. She is healthy, playful and full of energy. Her silky coat is gorgeous and no longer dry and brittle.
After spending 300+ dollars on vet bills. It was a very hard lesson, learned. I have switched all my dogs over to Core and they all seem to have more energy, clear eyes and a healthy coat.
I am grateful Amazon carries the large bag since it is a huge savings compared to the price at any chain pet store.
I will continue to buy this product and recommend it to any new puppy owners.
My dogs are constantly observed as extremely healthy by vets and trainers alike. They have noticeably softer coats since switching them to CORE and less skin issues. I also no longer deal with frequent gas - something several premium brands caused.
If you're still not sold, here are some guiding principles for why this food is great and how to shop for quality dog food. Everyone has a budget, but try to find one you can afford with the best of these:
- The first ingredients should always be meat. Just like human labels, the first ingredients comprise the largest quantities within the product.
- Lamb and then chicken tend to be most digestible for most dogs.
- Meal is like a protein powder made by rendering down a stew-like mixture to maximum potency. It contains more protein than meat alone by eliminating water per ounce. That said, not all meal is created equal. Make sure the source is specified. Simply saying "poultry meal" can mean it came from any source they could find and usually that means varying degrees of quality.
- Avoid grains as they can irritate many dogs stomachs. You want potatoes, oats, and/or brown rice for fiber and carbs. If you see "brewers rice" on a label, it shouldn't be in the top five ingredients (or at all for me). It's a cheaply obtained processed carb and a filler.
- Flaxseed and fish oils are great for skin and coat. I used to supplement my dog food with salmon oil in winter, but it hasn't been necessary since they started this food. Mentioning the source of the fish oil indicates its quality, just like the meal source.
- I like a food with few antioxidant ingredients in it, such as blueberries and broccoli. Healthy for us, healthy for them. That's just my opinion though. I treat with the fresh stuff when I can.
- That list of vitamins at the end? It's your dog's daily multi vitamin. Glucosamine is important to joint health for any size, age, or weight. This product has natural preservatives, which is my preference where possible for their diet and my own.
- Protein percentage! Vets say stay above 15% for a normal adult dog; my goal is closer to 25% or 30%. If your dog is very active, that should be your goal too; however, even if your dog isn't that active a higher protein content is fine. Early research used to claim it could cause renal failure, but that research has long been debunked.
Don't believe me? Do the research yourself. Don't trust the word of food reps, breeders, or even many vets. Most haven't paid attention to nutrition science, it's advances, or have an agenda of their own. Even a well meaning vet may not know some of this and be operating on outdated common knowledge.
Never transition your dog's food all at once. Pay attention to their unique reaction to a new food over the first few weeks at 100% of it. Pay attention to their stool and frequency of bowl movements. Watch for weight fluctuations. New food means you may have to increase or decrease their volume per meal. Each dog has unique needs and sensitivities, just like we do, so even a great food may not be great for your dog.
I hope this helps!