Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on November 11, 2015
Definitely a page turner. I grew up listening to Wendy on the radio and I was surprised that her book really revealed a lot. She was upfront about her own story. So surprised to find that when it all comes down to it she was and still is quite a loner. She doesn't seem to have any close friends. Say whatever you want to say about her but no one can deny that she has a great work ethic and she has more than succeeded in her career. I won't judge her choices because I respect her honesty. There was a point in the book that you could tell she was talking directly to her husbands side piece. Lol
on June 6, 2015
I love her brutal honesty. Would prefer less cussing and I'm from NY with a potty mouth. Very Real, true to who Wendy appears to be. The writing style is how I would imagine she really speaks amongst her peeps. She tells some tough stuff about her life. However, she does it in a way the reader is empathetic without wanting to put the book down. Not easy to do. Truly impressed with here work ethic. Definitely read if you are having trouble conceiving you are not alone. Good job!
on June 12, 2016
When subscribed to Wendy Williams’ YouTube channel, every now and then during Hot Topics she mentions past drug use, miscarriages, and a few other things. However, she never goes into full detail. So, when she mentioned this book I decided to buy it and read it, and it reminded me that Talk Show Wendy and Radio Host Wendy are two different people. In this book, she is Talk show Wendy, or the Wendy during her new comedy stand up specials. Meaning, cursing is consistent, as well as the use of the "N" word but you can see that despite how raw she is, her foundation is wholesome.

For with mentions of her upbringing and you seeing how that led to her “futuristic vision,” ambition, and even morals, you can tell that despite the language, and some of her decisions, she is very much traditional. Though I must say, if you put this beside Janet Mock’s “Redefining Realness,” and Maya Angelou’s biography, it does sometimes seem like the book is willing to go there, but in the pursuit of being raw, it loses any sense of eloquence. This is despite Wendy sometimes speaking of very personal matters and generally having the type of narrative like you was her niece or nephew. Though all things considered, I don’t think most people want suburban Wendy. They want Queen of Radio Wendy being as messy with her personal life as she is with others. Something she certainly delivers on.

I will say though, outside of a rape incident, if you are a regular watcher of Wendy’s show, you are not going to probably learn anything new here. Nor is there significant enough detail to warrant buying this book and not renting or borrowing it.
on June 16, 2013
I love Wendy Williams normally- I watch her show every day and went to her book signing for Ask Wendy- but I found this book to be so crass and borderline offensive that I wish I had never read it!! It changed my view of who Wendy is- is the book the Real Wendy or is the Wendy on the show the Real Wendy? I'm glad she was able to overcome her addictions and I applaud her ability to do it on her own but the book just changed the way I look at her and not for the better I'm sorry to say.
on May 5, 2016
Was an nice story.she really is just an regular lady:)
on October 22, 2015
I'm a huge Wendy Williams fan. I watch her daytime talk show religiously and can't get enough of her brazen hussy attitude. This book was hilarious and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is a true Wendy fan. Love ya Aunt Wendy!
on October 15, 2012
Wendy went raw and uncut on her own life here. I appreciated it and it gave insight into why she's the way she is in some aspects. I enjoyed it.
on July 20, 2016
Are there mis spellings like "Celine Deon," yes?is this an enjoyable, juicy, secret hive, yes. I really enjoyed this beach side breezy read!
on May 6, 2016
Great autobiography. It lets one know the development of the personality of Wendy Williams and her ups and downs in early life that shaped the person she is today.
on March 21, 2016
Book seem like it was going to be really good & probably is but the book made me itch like it had book lice or something had to throw it away