Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wenger Men's 70162 "Commando" Stainless Steel Watch with Leather Band
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on August 16, 2011
This watch has everything that a good time piece needs; time, day and date. The brown dial is reflective with a luminous color change in sunlight The lume is extraordinary when charged for a short period of time. The strap is sturdy and pliable making it very comfortable to wear.
on January 12, 2014
The watch arrived in a timely fashion and as pictured. Have had it several weeks and appears to keep excellent time so far and the day/date feature is a plus.

However, although the watch band is attractive, it is equally uncomfortable despite several weeks of trying to break it in. Watch bands are not normally like a new pair of shoes. Never before have i had a problem where the stiffness of the band resulted in it either fitting too loose or tight. It is supposedly a leather band but in fact, I suspect it is synthetic of some sort with a leather overlay! Today, I gave up and had to spend an add'l $28.00 for a new real leather band that was immediately comfortable and fit properly.
on March 19, 2016
It came without instructions or warranty information. Changing the day of the week to English was confusing.

The dial was too large and a poor fit for my wrist. Appearance looked cheap. In general, Wenger is making more of their men's watches with larger dials. Their overall quality now seems lower than their Victorinox parent company.

I returned it for a refund. I would not buy from this watch company again.
on July 14, 2015
I've always owned Timex and Seiko watches; I wanted to try a Swiss Brand. Being an avid Pocket Knife and Multi tool collector I have seen and heard great things about Swiss Products. I originally was aiming for a Victorinox watch but they were too rich for my blood $$$. I wanted quality and practicality in a biggest bang for your buck scenario. I remember that Wenger had sold off their Multi tool ( or had been bought out) by Victorinox a few years ago. Victorinox was the 'Original' and Wenger 'The genuine Swiss Army Knife,' Wenger made fantastic Swiss pocket knife/multitools, so I decided to give Wenger a go as well, they're about a third of the price as Victorinox with the same features and assumed quality. I've worn mine for about a week now and I am not disappointed; its stylish, tough and rugged looking. Despite the leather strap being a bit stiff at first; meager, pissy complaint, this watch is hands down bang for your buck awesome. The strap issue is easily fixed by showering with it on and/or letting it soak in warm water and strapping it on to your wrist so it forms. I'd give it 4.5 stars at $225 retail price, but because I got it at $97 I'm giving it 5 stars. This watch simply outdo' all other competitive watches at the same price in looks, quality, and reliability; its Swiss.
on January 4, 2016
I bought this watch as a gift for my husband, and he loves it. He needed a comfortable watch to wear to work (construction), and although the band was a little stiff for the first few days, he says it is incredibly comfortable now. This watch is the perfect size, neither too large nor to small, and is very attractive in appearance.
on May 18, 2014
This is the first watch I've ever bought, and I was not disappointed! The band was a little stiff, but it loosened up a bit, and is the perfect size. I love the position of the date/day display, it was one of the reasons I chose this over the Terragraph. The case material is sapphire coated crystal, and seems to be pretty scratch resistant; haven't noticed one yet. One thing about the date, I was extremely worried when the date was in French when I received it. I later realized that the dial contains both French and English days, you just have to choose the one you want. The days advance two at a time so it'll stay on your preferred language. The French is kinda cool, and may be a nice conversation starter as it makes you appear "worldly", but the English is a nice option. Just make sure when setting the correct date that you advance the hands to midnight. When I got the watch, it didn't advance at midnight, but at noon. The case is beautiful, the brown really shines in the light, The watch looks like one that cost 3 times the price, if not more. You can't go wrong with this watch.
on December 24, 2012
My wife bought a Wenger watch this summer and loves it. My old Timex wore out after 3 years. So decided to try out a Wenger. Wenger has several models to choose from. I liked the way that this one looked. I got the watch in two days. The looks nice on your wrist. The band is thick and alittle stiff thou. It's not thin and cheap looking like the one(s) you get with brand name watches.
I've owned alot of different watches and I can truly say this is one of the nicest ones that I have ever purchased. Amazon does have a nice selection to choose from.
on January 10, 2014
I purchased my Wenger watch about a month ago and I am very happy with it. The brown dial is distinctive and sets it apart from many similar watches. When it is held at an angle to the light, the brown color appears to radiate from the center of the dial. It keeps good time and I have not had to reset the time in one month of wear. The 40 mm diameter case is a little large for me but that appears to be the style. When I first received the watch, I thought it was very large compared to my other watch that has a 38 mm case. When I made a direct comparison, the Wenger is only 2 mm larger but the dial is almost as large as the case, which made it look very large compared to my other watch. The day and date feature is very nice. Most watches just have the date. I have looked at watch advertisements from Amazon after my purchase and have not seen anything I like more than this watch. I recommend this watch.
on October 1, 2012
This is a very nice watch. The face is easy to read, the weight is nice, the band is comfortable and it's sharp looking.
on February 14, 2014
5 big gold stars for this product. The instruction "pamphlet" could be in a larger format and print, but other than that we like it!

THIS JUST IN: 2/17/14

For some reason it is not keeping time....... The Warranty wants $10.00 for return shipping and handling and $20.00 for a new battery & sealing for water resistance.. WHAT? Seriously?

We have had the watch for under a month. I don't think we should have to pay for anything but the return shipping and handling.

I will call them and try to get some positive answers.

Plus since I bought online I don't have a physical receipt.

See 1 answered question