Consider these available items
Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Spacious: This 8 person tent measures 16ft x 11ft and has 6.5ft of headroom with an additional 60 square feet of screen room. The family camping tent is perfect for 3 seasons
- Screen Room: Features attached screen room that can be used as sun shelter, picnic room, gear room, or just additional space to relax in
- Ventilation: Full mesh roof and two mesh windows keep bugs out and let the breeze in, with additional rear mesh vents that creates a ground breeze
- Material: Weather armor polyester fabric with a polyurethane water resistant coating protects from top to bottom. Double-stitched, lap-felled seams throughout the tent. All threads, zippers and webbing are treated with water repellent
- Whats Included: Carry bag, tent, fiberglass frame with steel and plastic stakes, removable seam-sealed fly
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
What would you do for a Klondike tent? The Klondike 8 Person Screen Room Camping Tent is a little piece of home when you and your troop are out exploring nature. This tent is spacious, cozy, and one worth raving about. With a large sleeping area and a front screen porch, you can fit multiple beds, chairs, a table, or even space for the dog. It is suitable for 3 season camping trips with impeccable sun and weather protection. It features cross style windows, a T style door, mesh roof vents, ground level vents, a gear loft, and a removable seam sealed rainfly. Like marshmallows and campfires, it's always better when you are together with this Klondike 8 Person Screen Room Camping Tent.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What we are looking for in a tent is pretty specific.
- It needs to fit at least 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids in the range of 8-13 years) comfortably. In reality, this means that a tent needs to be rated for 6 adults
- Ideally. the tent can be set up and broken down by 1 adult or 1 adult + 1 child in no more than 15-20 minutes
- The tent (including frame) must be sturdy and not deteriorate when in storage
So after pitching it in my backyard, leaving it overnight, and breaking it up again, here's my assessment.
- After the first struggles of "which pole goes where", setting it up was easy and could be done by 1 adult if needed. Total first-time setup time was about 25 minutes. This means that next time, I can probably do it in about 15-20 minutes.
- The design is good. It provides a separation of a "living"/"storage" space from the "sleeping" space. This is important if you want to keep your sleeping space relatively clean / dirt free.
- The quality and assembly appeared to be good as well. The seams were waterproofed and the sown-in tarp goes up a few inches onto the wall, which will prevent rainwater entering the tent
- Plenty of instructions. Sawn-in instructions in the storage bag on how to pitch the tent. Paper inserts on how to fold it. How to avoid moisture. Et cetera.
- The window covered were well designed and can be stored in a pocket at the bottom of the window
- It was easy to get the tent with all accessories back into the storage bag afterwards. No problems at all.
- The rear (sleeping) space was large enough to fit 2 queen air mattresses.
- It was hard to get the walls of the tent to be wrinkle-free. This is a cosmetic issue more than anything else.
- It's definely a "car camping" tent. It's too heavy for backpacking.
- The thick, yellow plastic tent pins came loose overnight. There was some wind (variable, less than 15 mph) overnight but nothing that would merit special caution.
- The dark colored rain fly made it extremely hot in the tent during the day, in the sun, even with all windows opened.
- Minor item - it lacks a hole to pull an electric cable through. Less important with the abundance of cheap portable chargers for our electronics, but still something we have used once in a while.
(Note - No special consideration was received for writing this unsolicited review. I purchased this article on amazon.com after seeing it advertised in an email I received. When I purchase items, I always comparison-shop on and off Amazon and I do read reviews. If you thought this review was useful, please click the appropriate button above!)
We traveled from spot to spot only spending a few days at a time in locations and covered some miles. This tent saw the dunes, rugged campsites, perfect campsite, grass, sand, dirt, mud, rain, thunderstorms, flooding, you name it. It held strong. The kids were happy and most important the wife was happy. This was her very first camping trip and she loved it. This is something i was worried about and i went to great lengths to make this a perfect trip so we can do this over and over again. Camping is a dying art and i grew up camping and in my mind mastered it. So it was a win for our family and me.
We waterproofed this tent with a spray. We made sure the fly was perfect and this thing was staked down properly each time. This is very very important. It takes time to get that right with a new tent but history has taught me a ton. I have read reviews and most of the bad ones i can tell you right now are people that had no clue what they were doing and did not put in the time to master the most important tool of a camping trip. The tent. We spent hours mastering this tent before we even hit the road. HOURS. When you pull up to set up you best have a plan and know your tent. If you dont then im sure you will take it out by writing a bad review and making guys like me laugh. Thanks for that. Put in the time.
I am attaching a video of our biggest challenge on our massive adventure. We were in the middle of nowhere on our 6th day when the mother of all thunderstorms and flood maker arrived at our campsite. It kinda takes a lot for me to worry in any situation. I worried for about 2 min and knew we were good. Being confident in your tent when you are hours from a hotel is a great feeling. I can say this about this tent. My wife and kids hearts were pounding and they were straight up scared while I was loving the thrill. Once everyone knew we were not going to float away and our tent was water tight it turned out to be pretty fun and a heart pounding memory we all will keep forever. Put in the time, dont let camping become a dying art, and oh ya....PUT IN THE TIME. Your wife will thank you later....
This is only the 3rd tent I've ever put up and stayed in in my life so I'm relatively new to camping but the following is my opinion on how well this tent works for a newbie camper like me. I'm still looking for something a bit smaller for backpacking so please feel free to leave me your opinions on some cost effective options. I purchased this one for my family to use, that would be me and my husband (30 something adults) and two teenagers.
I LOVE this tent! having a screened in porch with an attached floor is amazing!!!!!!!! No bugs or frogs in our food! I love the space. This tent is great for summer time due to all the ventilation and mesh and thin walls. I would imagine due to it's size and thin fabric it wouldn't be a good choice for winder time or colder areas.
For setup, I know several said that it was hard to setup but my husband and I did it our first time in 15 minutes and it was relatively easy to do. I can see how it would be difficult with one person because you have to lift the dome part of the bigger/back room up into the air so if you are going to be alone it could be challenge.
Another concern for this tent was that the porch is a good 6 to 8 inches shorter in height than the bedroom. You can fully stand up in the bedroom and move around but I had to bend my head in porch and I'm only 5'4. :-) But the porch is mostly to be used as a storage area and sitting room anyway.
I caught this tent on sale for $120 and it was worth every penny! Even full price at $160 I think it would be worth it.
Top international reviews
Throw away those flimsy tent pegs and buy some more sturdy ones. It won't survive wind with the flimsy metal ones it comes with. The screen front room collapsed on mine one windy day. I've not had any water come inside at all though and we've had a couple doozy rainstorms since we erected this tent.
It takes 2 people to put it up and it is very helpful if one of them is at least 6 feet tall. Its very roomy. I have a queen sized inflatable bed, a small table and mid-sized chair in the main room and there is plenty of room for luggage, a cooler, a fan, and you could easily fit a single cot inside. There's easily room for 3 or 4 more people in the screen room too. The screen room can be closed up completely so it's private for sleeping too. I am using it for a sitting room though. I will be adding two small seats and another small table in the screened room soon. If I can, I'll update with photos in a few days.
I inspected the fabric a few times and there is no hole so it seems like a fabric failure to do its job.
I was super weary about ordering a tent online but I am INCREDIBLY happy and it was definitely worth it.
I am fairly disappointed. As my gear inside is wet.
El armado realmente es fácil, una sola persona lo puede hacer, pero es mejor que sea entre dos. El tiempo de armado es de unos 15 minutos pero depende de la habilidad de cada persona.
Algo importante es que la tienda realmente se disfruta, pasamos mucho tiempo dentro de ella gracias a su altura y su parte frontal. Otras tiendas solo son para dormir y cambiar de ropa pero esta es para disfrutar de diversas actividades en su interior, incluso con amigos tomando un café jugando cartas entre otras actividades.
Recomiendo que se use con dos colchones dobles (matrimoniales) en la parte interna y dejar la parte frontal para sillas y una mesa, pero si colocan un colchón tendrán una habitación adicional.
Wind picked up and started gusting to 45km/hour and broadsiding the tent. We had to add an extra guideline on that side, then it held fast.
We were impressed and look forward to the first camping trip