Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Great for camping with family or friends the klondike tent features room for 8 and a screen room
- Large front awning provides you a "camping porch" with sun Protection and weather Protection to make your camp feel like home
- Features: front awning for dry tent entry & weather Protection, rain fly, zippered windows, mesh roof vents, gear loft, carry bag included
- Seasons: 3, capacity: 8 person, number of doors: 1, number of windows: 2, floor area: 90 sq.Ft. + screen porch
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Great for camping with family or friends, the Wenzel Klondike measures 16-feet by 11-feet. The Klondike sleeps eight, five in its 98 square feet of interior space, with room for sleeping three more in the 60 square foot screen room with its zip up walls. 6.5 feet of head room lets you stand up straight while inside the tent. The attached screen room can also be used as sun shelter, a picnic room, a gear room or a room just to relax in. A full mesh roof and two mesh windows keep bugs out and let the breeze in. In addition a rear mesh vent creates ground breeze. Weather Armor polyester fabric with a polyurethane water resistant coating protects from top to bottom. Double-stitched, lap-felled seams through out the body of the tent provide a shingle effect against water. All threads, zippers and webbing are treated with superior water repellency applications to enforce these critical areas. The Klondike has a fiberglass frame and uses Power Corners that increase the tent's stability in high winds. Included are two hanging pockets that create an area for items needing easy access, a storage duffel and a 10 year warranty against defects. Specifications: • Base: 16 ft. x 11 ft. • Center Height: 78 in. • Eave Height: 61" • Area: 98 sq. ft. + 60 sq. ft. screen room • Door: Inverted "T" style, interior flex style • Floor: welded polyethylene • Frame: fiberglass • Stakes: steel and plastic • Carry Weight: 27.3 lbs. • Sleeps: 8
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
What we are looking for in a tent is pretty specific.
- It needs to fit at least 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids in the range of 8-13 years) comfortably. In reality, this means that a tent needs to be rated for 6 adults
- Ideally. the tent can be set up and broken down by 1 adult or 1 adult + 1 child in no more than 15-20 minutes
- The tent (including frame) must be sturdy and not deteriorate when in storage
So after pitching it in my backyard, leaving it overnight, and breaking it up again, here's my assessment.
- After the first struggles of "which pole goes where", setting it up was easy and could be done by 1 adult if needed. Total first-time setup time was about 25 minutes. This means that next time, I can probably do it in about 15-20 minutes.
- The design is good. It provides a separation of a "living"/"storage" space from the "sleeping" space. This is important if you want to keep your sleeping space relatively clean / dirt free.
- The quality and assembly appeared to be good as well. The seams were waterproofed and the sown-in tarp goes up a few inches onto the wall, which will prevent rainwater entering the tent
- Plenty of instructions. Sawn-in instructions in the storage bag on how to pitch the tent. Paper inserts on how to fold it. How to avoid moisture. Et cetera.
- The window covered were well designed and can be stored in a pocket at the bottom of the window
- It was easy to get the tent with all accessories back into the storage bag afterwards. No problems at all.
- The rear (sleeping) space was large enough to fit 2 queen air mattresses.
- It was hard to get the walls of the tent to be wrinkle-free. This is a cosmetic issue more than anything else.
- It's definely a "car camping" tent. It's too heavy for backpacking.
- The thick, yellow plastic tent pins came loose overnight. There was some wind (variable, less than 15 mph) overnight but nothing that would merit special caution.
- The dark colored rain fly made it extremely hot in the tent during the day, in the sun, even with all windows opened.
- Minor item - it lacks a hole to pull an electric cable through. Less important with the abundance of cheap portable chargers for our electronics, but still something we have used once in a while.
(Note - No special consideration was received for writing this unsolicited review. I purchased this article on amazon.com after seeing it advertised in an email I received. When I purchase items, I always comparison-shop on and off Amazon and I do read reviews. If you thought this review was useful, please click the appropriate button above!)
This is only the 3rd tent I've ever put up and stayed in in my life so I'm relatively new to camping but the following is my opinion on how well this tent works for a newbie camper like me. I'm still looking for something a bit smaller for backpacking so please feel free to leave me your opinions on some cost effective options. I purchased this one for my family to use, that would be me and my husband (30 something adults) and two teenagers.
I LOVE this tent! having a screened in porch with an attached floor is amazing!!!!!!!! No bugs or frogs in our food! I love the space. This tent is great for summer time due to all the ventilation and mesh and thin walls. I would imagine due to it's size and thin fabric it wouldn't be a good choice for winder time or colder areas.
For setup, I know several said that it was hard to setup but my husband and I did it our first time in 15 minutes and it was relatively easy to do. I can see how it would be difficult with one person because you have to lift the dome part of the bigger/back room up into the air so if you are going to be alone it could be challenge.
Another concern for this tent was that the porch is a good 6 to 8 inches shorter in height than the bedroom. You can fully stand up in the bedroom and move around but I had to bend my head in porch and I'm only 5'4. :-) But the porch is mostly to be used as a storage area and sitting room anyway.
I caught this tent on sale for $120 and it was worth every penny! Even full price at $160 I think it would be worth it.