Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on June 28, 2006
After reading the other reviews, I felt this product was worth a try. Having owned the Eddie Bauer and Aerobed Sport I can tell you from experience that all of these "air beds" are good for about 6 months of regular use at the most. Having worked in the plastic industry for 6 years I can also assure you that the construction of this bed is thin and especially cheaply made.

The bed lasted me a whole 5 days, and the pump is still battery operated and especially slow. Maybe I got a defective product but after reading the other reviews I felt inspired to provide a different viewpoint.

Bad back suffers like me; this bed is not a long-term choice. Look for an airbed with a thick construction for durability and the ease of an electric pump. Or if you have the money invest in a thick Tempur-Pedic pad or mattress. You save in the long term

Buyers looking for something for the occasional sleepover guests, especially the ones you don't want to spend too much on, this bed is a great solution.

The Eddie Bauer model and Aerobed models have improved over the last few years, and while still not a perfect long-term solution, offers a better return on investment
on March 13, 2012
The bed is very comfy and doesn't lose much
air. I've had both types where there is a
built-in pump and one which has a portal
for your own pump. The built-in is easier.

I had the last one for
two years, then sat on the edge of the bed,
and it was completely flat in a few hours.
It's durable, just don't put weight directly on
the side edge of the bed.

It's a better air bed than most.
on May 8, 2007
I bought this when it was on sale for $15.60. Using it as a daily bed can get annoying as you will have to refill the bed daily. It supports my wieght - just over 220. I have family sleeping over all the time and they say that they love it.

I got the bed on December 19, 2006 and it is still working string. The pacake claims a full fill up in 120 sec for me it takes maybe 180 but then again I bought knock-off bateries (4D's for $1.00).
on September 29, 2015
popped shortly after I bought it. had about 300 pounds sleeping on it.
on June 14, 2011
Only had this for about 4 weeks. We added it to our existing mattress to give us some control over firmness. It is helping with my back problems and the mattress has been ok so far. We have to use it upside down so it would not slide around, but it works fine that way.
on December 19, 2011
I usually write good reviews. But this thing isn't very good. Not comfortable, the pump included cannot be plugged into the wall (good luck with all those 4-D batteries you'll need), and doesn't do a good job anyway.

Rather sleep on the floor. Seriously.
on March 3, 2012
When I first got this I thought it was great. Very convenient to have the built in pump. Very comfortable and easy to use. But it only lasted 6 months before it split at one of the dimples and was unpatchable. I won't buy another.
on December 23, 2014
Did not last a year. Piece of junk
on January 3, 2007
This air mattress inflated very quickly and did not leak during the time that I used it. I only needed it for one week, so I don't know how it would perform longer than that time. If I needed to buy another air mattress, I would buy this one again.
on May 13, 2010
I was looking for a temporary bed for myself for 2 months. The insta-bed came quickly, was a piece of cake to set up (video on Amazon was great) and has been great now a month later. I haven't even had to put in any more air yet. Love It!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.