Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,784 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,924 reviews
on January 8, 2015
I got the Weslo treadmill and absolutely dig it. I'm 6'2", 230 lbs. and like running outside (about 2.5-3.0 miles each go). When the weather doesn't cooperate, I "try" to go to the fitness club. However, I feel it's such a pain to pack my stuff, drive there, find a treadmill, and then drive home sweaty in my car. So when I started researching for a treadmill, I was discouraged by the critically acclaimed ones costing $1000 on up! Finding this one for the price is STEAL! If you want something basic, but has some cool features, here it is. When you unpack it, don't freak out about how thin it is. I was used to the wider running room on treadmills at the gym and almost didn't even unpack out of the box when I opened it. However, after running on it, it was plenty of room. You can also transport it easily through doors while collapsed. I attached pictures to show my 12" shoes on it to show. The runs have been smooth, durable and impressive for such a large frame like mine.

Here are some highlights that I personally like:
Easy to put together. It took me 30 minutes. It may take two people to install the bottom 4 bolts.
It is collapsible! (see attached pictures)
It has a basic digital read that flips through calories burned, time elapsed, distance, and mph as you run. No other crazy info I never used at gym.
It has six run presets that are just right and adjustable as you run (pics). What I love is that you can slow down (hitting the "-" sign) and the treadmill will allow it for a "segment" (about 60 seconds), but then start back up on the original run settings for you after the segment without hitting anything. At the gym, the treadmills stay at the new "lower" setting during the whole workout, thinking that you bit off more than you can chew. This one does NOT. It goes back to the original workout thinking you just needed a rest or something. This could be annoying to some, but I like it.
It is QUIET. I had it on 8.0 mph and my dishwasher is louder.
Inclining the treadmill is as easy as lowering the back two feet (pics).
It has a Thumb Heart Rate Monitor, which is good for those who want to know.

Notables:
The manual suggested you plug the treadmill into a surge protector, so have one ready.
There is an extended service plan option that comes in the box 1yr $59.99, 2yr $79.99, 3yr $99.99.
There are two hex keys and an manual that tells you how to adjust the belt (re-center, slipping, slowing, etc.). Don't lose them! It's just a simple quarter turn left or right into DEEP holes in the back to fix these problems. But without the keys, you're in trouble.
275 lbs. is the weight limit according to the manual.
It also recommending turning off (the switch is underneath the front) or unplugging the treadmill all together when not in use to protect electrical components, which could be annoying to some.

I have heavily relied on reviews when buying anything on Amazon. This is my first review. I wanted to do my part to highly recommend this treadmill. I hope this helps!
5150+ comments| 5,840 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2014
I was a bit wary about buying this treadmill (chosen because it's SO affordable) because of many negative reviews, even though many of them (not all, but many) were obviously resulting from not following the directions or reading the manual before assembly/usage. I have had three manual treadmills but this is my first electric one. I'm very impressed with my Weslo Cadence G 5/9. I love that I can adjust the speed increments from say, 1 MPH to 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.5, etc. without having to jump to 2 MPH or 3 MPH, etc up to 10 MPH. Tenths of a mile are good graduations for a senior just starting to get active again after being sedentary for far too long. I can't comment on running on it because it's not something I do at my age, at least not right now. I don't find it all that noisy like some complained but again, it's my first electric treadmill so I have nothing to go by in that regard.

Assembly: It was extremely difficult to do alone because of its weight & mostly because of the two screws that hook the upright to the body of the machine. Lining them up was rather nightmarish, but I propped the machine up on some of the packing materials so I could turn the wrench further without disengaging it. Finally, I managed it with much persistence and prayer for strength but I can honestly say, that part alone would have been worth calling a friend to help. However, I did it, I got it set up and running and it works great. I am very satisfied with this purchase.

I did not buy the extra years warranty yet, I have 90 days to cogitate on that... but knowing me, I probably will just take good care of her and not worry about spending more. Oh, lastly, it folds up and moves easily... I was surprised because of its weight/bulk so after I set it up in my dining room & didn't care for the look (also couldn't see the TV from there) I decided to test the fold up & move it capability and it worked just great. Now it's in the living room where I can watch TV while I walk off some pounds & give my circulatory system some needed exercise.

I used a yoga mat underneath the Weslo to keep carpet fibers from getting up in her mechanism... it's working fine so far, too.
review image
1515 comments| 703 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2016
BUYER BEWARE: I gave it 5 stars so people would read this review. Amazon's Service was great, however keeping in mind this machine is not top of the line and doesn't have fancy features, that's why it is has a lower price. It does have many plastic parts, such as the foot rails and control panel. Mine arrived in 3 Business Days. I took photo's of the box at delivery and during unpacking, the box wasn't damage, after opening the box I immediately seen broken plastic piece's sitting on the tread mill, and 2 pieces in the box. Upon inspection it appeared that both Foot rails had piece's broken off, the right side had 2 broken pieces and the left, 1 broken piece. This did not hinder operation, so I decide to keep it and assemble the machine.

ASSEMBLY: Fairly easy about 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on your skills. I chose this Treadmill because it was not super heavy, super bulky, and can be moved to different areas of the house fairly easy, plus it still serve's the intended purpose. It can be handled an assembled by 1 adult, use 2 if your unsure of your abilities. The machine works fine after assembly, if you plug it in and it doesn't work, first try turning on the power switch located by the power cord. I registered the product Warranty Online through icon Fitness.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: I contacted Welso Customer Service the next day, about 20 to 30 minutes on hold, I used both the phone and online chat service and took the first to answer. I explained it came with broken parts and gave the phone Rep. the Key Numbers off the Parts page in the included Manual, In my case I had to order both the Left and Right Foot Rails and 1 broken Washer Screw from the foot deck. (NO CHARGE) FOOT RAILS are Out of Stock, so this tells you that these are probably broken a lot during shipment. Got a parts confirmation number, so I will update this review after the parts come in. It Will probably be quite some time since they are Out of Stock. The Machine still operates and is safe to use even with the broken parts I have, Locks up into a storage position and has wheels that allow you to relocate it as necessary.

WEIGHT LIMITS: I'm 6', 265 lbs. The actual walking running surface is 16 inches wide by 50 inches long, the speed of this machine is great from the beginner walker to the fastest runners. Since women tend to be smaller in stature then men, this machine works great for women. My daughter is 5' 2" and this machine is perfect for her. I can easily walk and jog on this machine, however I probably would never try and sprint on it at my size, for Women this would work fine. It has 6 programmed work-outs 3 for Fat Burning and 3 for Intensity. It comes with a Cut Off Key and clip to hook to your self, so if you fall the machine stops. The Incline is very small, maybe 5 % and manually adjusted, by lowering the back foot pegs. Remember your also not paying an extremely High Price for a Tread Mill.

RECOMMENDED BUY: If your looking for a Treadmill that fits easily into your home and you can still move it around as needed, while being able to get a good work-out without killing your Bank Account. I recommend this Treadmill for Beginners to Intermediate work-out abilities. If your a Running Nut then this is not for you, you may want to spend the extra dollars to get one of those enormously over priced machines, that have no guarantee they will work any better than this one, and from the reviews I have read on those, many of those come broken and not working. This Welso Treadmill is a Good Machine, decent size, handles a pretty large weight limit, fits great in a small or large home, doesn't kill the Pocket Book. Customer Service is OK, but not the greatest. I did purchase the extended 4 year Parts and Labor Warranty, which also covers normal wear and tear and costs about $65.00 with Tax. If you don't Register your product with ICON Fitness, then your manufacture Warranty is only 30 days for Parts and Labor, after you registered your tread mill you get a 90 day Warranty for free. After 90 Days I believe only the motor is covered for 1 year, but I wouldn't risk it.

IMPORTANT TIPS: 1. It comes with a Thumb Print Heart Rate Monitor, make sure to remove the fine protective film on the display panel before checking your heart rate, it will not be actuate if the film is still in place. 2. Purchase a folding mat if you have hard floors, Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat (84-Inch by 36-Inch) sold separately $27.99 on Amazon, and some LifeSpan 100% Silicone Treadmill Belt Lubricant, $14.99 on Amazon, you will needed these for your treadmill to continue to work properly. 3. Purchase the extended Warranty when you register your product with ICON Fitness, this protects you for Parts, Labor and in home Service for the number of years you purchase. With all this said you will have a decent Treadmill in your home with a 4 Year Warranty and the necessities to maintain it for a Grand Total of about $395.00, that includes the treadmill and everything I stated here.

RECOMMENDED:
GOOD FOR THE PRICE, GREAT FOR BEGINNERS AND INTERMEDIATE ABILITIES, RECOMMENDED FOR WOMEN AND KIDS(with Adult Supervison), HOWEVER MEN CAN STILL USE THIS MACHINE WHEN WALKING AND DEPENDING ON YOUR STRIDE WHEN RUNNING.

LifeSpan 100% Silicone Treadmill Belt Lubricant
Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat (84-Inch by 36-Inch)

PURCHASED: I purchased this on 1-21-2016 and It arrived on 1-25-1016
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2015
I bought this treadmill just over a year ago, and was very happy with my purchase--up until a few months ago when I started noticing that the walking belt seemed to be caving in. Within a matter of a few weeks it was completely broken--split right down the middle. In total this treadmill lasted 10 months.

I'm 5'10, and weigh about 175 pounds. I run (6 mph)/incline walk (3.7 mph) about five to seven miles three times a week. I don't really feel like I put an unusual amount of wear on this machine. I also realize that this is not a top-of-the-line treadmill; however, I do feel like the money that I spent on this warrants a product that would last for more than a year.

I reached out to Weslo via their customer portal, including the information above; I asked if there was anything that they could do, as the manufacturer's warranty is good for only 90 days. I got an automated response saying that I would receive a response within two to three business days. Ten days passed and I finally got a response from them--a blank email. I followed up on this, and have yet to receive a response.

Based on this experience, I really do not feel like Weslo is a company that is committed to providing quality products, and/or decent customer service.

Edit: I did finally receive a response from Weslo (after going back and forth with them for about 30 days trying to explain that all I received was a blank email). They apologized for the inconvenience and explained that I could buy a new walking belt for $84.95 (I'm guessing this is not including the shipping).
review image review image review image
1212 comments| 465 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2016
This is an awesome treadmill for the money. In case anyone was looking for a review from a runner - having ran several half marathons, and a full - now training for my next marathon, this treadmill is perfect for those runs where I don't want to go out into the midwest winter weather to get in my miles.

For reference, I'm 5'4, 166lbs with a pace of around 9-10 min/mile. Running 6+ mph is no problem on this. Just last night I did 5 miles on this with no issues.

The belt looks more narrow and short than it is in real life. I move around a lot from left to right when I run sometimes, and never once did my feet go off the belt. It's not nearly as wide/long as a commercial treadmill, but what are you expecting anyway for this price point?

Also, as far as packaging goes, this came undamaged.

pros:
- easy to put together (my husband and I had it up and running in less than 40 mins)
- easy to store (it folds up)
- its super quiet compared to others I've used (we have ours in the basement though)

cons:
- it's not obvious there is a switch that must be flipped on before you can use it
- the display isn't backlit, but as long as you're running in a room that is well lit you should be fine
- the shelves for placing your drink do NOT fit a Nalgene bottle, but does fit a regular water bottle
review image review image review image
on June 12, 2017
Please read as many reviews as possible for this treadmill before you buy it. Almost every possible scenario is already covered, and you can make an informed decision, and know what to do if there is a problem. If you received this broken, threw it away, and left a 1-star review, you are an idiot. This is a mass produced piece of gym equipment for under $300. There is a good chance something will be wrong with it when you receive it. All you have to do is register the product on the company website, then call their customer service department. Is the motor cracked? They'll send you a new one. Does the walking belt look wonky? They'll send you a new one. Do you need help diagnosing the problem or replacing a part? They will talk you through it, and point you to a youtube video showing explicit instructions. This treadmill comes with a 90 day warranty, so just be smart about it. And if they do need to send you a new part, then that starts a "new" 90 day warranty for that specific thing. Which you can verify, again, by calling customer service.

Knowing these things beforehand helps keep you calm, and stops you from being the kind of person that would make such a large purchase, and then come here and say you "put it out on the curb", "it was junk", and "it was too much of a hassle to try to return it". In fact, if you are one of those people, please feel free to message me for my Paypal address as I will be glad to accept your $300, and I will use that money for good, instead of forcing you to set that money on fire and or flush it down your toilet.

This is a fantastic treadmill for the price, and I now have a near expert level knowledge of literally every piece of this machine, plus a few spare parts lying around in case anything else happens down the road. I am so happy with this purchase.

Ps - when your box arrives looking like it was ran over by a tank, it is because your UPS hub has no choice but to lay this flat on the truck, underneath everything else that will be delivered that day. The box is completely flat and weighs over 100 pounds. How else do you think it would be packed in the delivery truck? Point is, it's not the manufacturer's fault if the box is not aesthetically pleasing by the time you see it. It didn't leave the warehouse that way. Give it a chance.
on May 26, 2017
I was pretty pleased with this treadmill while it worked, especially at the price point.

I run about three miles a day, am about 185, and run between a 7-8 minute mile pace most of the time. I used the treadmill for this regularly for about nine months, except on days I was travelling for work or running outside which I would say was about 25% of that eight month period.

At this volume, the treadmill belt would sometimes catch a bit, indicating it needed some attention (cleaning, lube, etc.) which was to be expected, but overall seemed to work fine. One day at the end of my run it shut off and wouldn't start back up. I gave it a few days before trying again, at which point it made it another mile and half or so, then started smoking pretty heavily at which point I realized it was shot and I needed a more expensive unit.

Overall, I was still happy with the purchase, I saved money compared to what I would paid for a gym membership over the period, but just wanted to write this review to caution that if you are using heavily for jogging, don't expect the unit to hold up very long (which isn't all that surprising given the price point).
on January 7, 2017
OK....I purchase this treadmill in 2014. I am very disappointed. I workout a lot and walk on it daily. After not even a year it started to make noises from the motor. Then about a year and a half into it the belt started slipping and it started squeeking. I thought this treadmill would last a little bit longer than a year before I started having issues. I have read a few customer reviews from others and most of them have been good but some were not. I guess it's going to depend on how much you exercise on it. I workout daily for an hour so maybe it can't take a lot of action....I don't know. Just disappointed I have to purchase a new one so soon. Can't say I'm happy with this purchase. Sigh.....
55 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2016
I had an interesting experience with the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill. I'm an avid Amazon shopper, and reading the reviews to me is like reading the news in the morning! Extremely important! I don't have a picture of the packaging, but that came sort of dented in some spots, but when it came down to the actual product, here are some first impressions:
1. I opened the box and found out that it's not the actual treadmill that's heavy- it's actually just the box. There is so much packaging!
2. Two screws came completely broken (they're part of something underneath the walking part).
3. It's extremely easy to put together! All you have to do is read the instructions!

So now we get to the fun stuff. After I saw that two of the screws were missing I knew I had to do something about it. Even though this treadmill isn't as expensive as others, I still wanted to get my money's worth.

Instructions on how to deal with a damaged Weslo Cadence Treadmill (all from my own personal ~1 hour and a half conversation with their support team, and Amazon support).
1. BE PREPARED WITH ALL OF THE INFORMATION! It comes with a manual, and since I'm smart- I read what I needed to do before calling them. If a part has come off, is broken, etc. You can call their support team and they'll either send out someone to fix it, or recommend that you call Amazon. It took about ~5 minutes to get to a Cadence real life support person, so this wasn't bad. Especially since I knew exactly what two screws I needed.
2. TELL THEM CLEARLY, AND EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG! Try to be as specific as possible! Be patient with them! In my experience with a lot of different sorts of customer service people, getting upset, angry, frustrated, only leads to even more chaos. Try to prevent that all from happening!
* They may tell you they can't help you! (In my situation, they couldn't help me because even if they sent someone out, they wouldn't be able to help either). It's okay though, because Amazon support can!
3. Call Amazon support, and tell them what happened! Yet again, be descriptive and polite. They're super duper friendly, and very helpful- and in my experience whether it be via chat or phone call, I've never been left unhappy.

Like I said before, I read the reviews. I've seen so many problems and so many complaints from people, and even though I did have a problem, instead of complain, whine, and rate this product bad: I did something about it! It didn't even take me much time! Calling Amazon actually fixed all of my problems, and made me completely satisfied about the whole purchase- regardless of the minor problems I had.

Overall, the treadmill was a great buy for your average person who just wants to get some daily exercise into their days. I'm not a professional runner at all, and never will be- but I just wanted something for some daily use that will time how much I run, and how many calories I've lost. It's not that large, makes minimal noise, can stand tall if you need the room, and overall was a great buy!

TL;DR: Great buy, go through the motions if your product comes damaged, be nice, you'll be satisfied.

P.S. The picture I took of the treadmill being pushed together (image 1), I was just lifting that up and taking the picture myself, and since I have it so close to the wall- I couldn't pull out the thing that I needed to pull out and back in to secure the treadmill in place (image 5). Although I have it set up this way on purpose because I never need to condense the treadmill, but was showing it for future buyer purposes. It does collapse in just a tiny bit more though, so I just wanted to make you all aware of this.

*The fifth image is the thing you pull out, and release in between the treadmill leg to have it stand up on its on.
*The last three images are showing how you can bend the legs out and in so that it can either be completely flat, or have a slight incline. When they're pulled out (90 degree angle, it's completely even, and if you have them pushed in, there's a slight incline).
on November 23, 2016
I just got the treadmill yesterday. I was able to put it together in less than an hour all by myself (even though I'm kind of weak)

It fells like a pretty well built treadmill, maybe not professional or for intensive use, but perfect for a couple of people using it moderately. It's not noisy, I tried it while watching TV and didn't bother me at all.

It has a space for your phone or tablet, two spaces for water bottles, and a security key that turns off the treadmill in case you fall down to avoid injuries. It has 6 pre-set workout programs, 3 of them intended for weight loss. You can also use it at your own rhythm.

So far It's been a good purchase. Will update if anything goes wrong.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.