Camila Cabello All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc

on July 17, 2016
Thank God I didn't walk away or my house could have burned down! It never popped anything, just started smoking and smelled like burning plastic... I cannot get the smokey/burning smell out of my house! Even after I unplugged it, the smoke continued to get worse.... I had to take it outside and dump a bowl of water over it to stop the smoke/fire from getting worse.
on March 15, 2017
Small chamber, low wattage. It makes popcorn but even can roast my coffee beans. I typically use it to roast beans but I wish it had a larger volume.
on January 3, 2014
It runs too cold in the winter time to roast coffee to first crack unless you modify it by taking out the thermostat. Once you do that, you're off and running but I think it may be running a SLIGHT bit too hot. I'm still tweaking the process. If I didnt have to take out the thermostat, I would have given 4 stars already.
on May 24, 2015
Great little popper, with only one draw back ... how do you get the last kernels, when the popper is hot as hades? I was looking for a healthy, cheaper option while dieting and air popped popcorn was at the top of the list for snacking, so I tried this one and was very satisfied. The cup on top isn't good for melting butter from the fridge (which my son loves), and you're not supposed to pour any liquids inside with your corn kernels, so it's only purpose so far is to protect my eyes when I looked inside to see if its finished. BON APPETIT!
on August 10, 2013
Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way. I had read the other reviews that said it was noisy but thought "how bad could it be?" Well, it's noisy. What's worse is that it takes forever to pop corn. It was going to be a coffee roaster but didn't get hot enough to really roast properly - the beans darkened after about 15 minutes but never audibly "popped" as they should. And the lid does soften when heated. And did I mention the plastic stink? Usually a heating appliance will stink a bit when it first heats up but clears up. This one stinks and stinks. My kitchen smelled like a chemical factory - and I'm supposed to eat this stuff?

At least it has an on/off switch. This was actually the reason I picked it.

Just get a poplite and be done with it. Zero stars.
on April 23, 2013
What I loved about it was that it was red to match my kitchen and... ummm yeah I guess that's all. We used it one time and it popped just fine but it was very loud. There's no sneaky popcorn movie night after the kids go to bed if you're using this. This thing would wake the dead, when I turned it on I thought there was a velociraptor in the room with me. Oh and prepare to be violently attacked by popcorn, it shot the stuff out so fast that it was jumping out of the huge mixing bowl I'd used and it was bouncing all over the place. Ever see the movie "real Genius"? It was like that!

The 2nd time we used it, it popped a few kernels and then just abruptly died. No warning, just dead. And my poor little kernels were left in there un-popped and unloved.
on December 10, 2011
I brought this popper, and I did not have any problems popping all the kernels. However, the only problem I did have each time were the kernels did not pop crispy nor crunchy. I thought it was the brand of kernels, so I bought three different brands, including gourmet kernels. No luck. While eating a few kernels, they are always tough and hard to chew. Not sure why.

I thought maybe one of the problems was the air coming from the popper getting too hot, or even the melted butter was contributing to this issue. So I tried a few plain pieces but it was the same result. I had plenty of hot air poppers over the years, and never had this problem. I would like to suggest to potential buyers not to purchase this popper, but that would not be fair. Maybe it was simply a defected product. It happens. What I will suggest is if anyone who is considers buying this popper, do not hesitate to return it if you are not completely satisfied.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 26, 2015
This review is about using this as a coffee roaster.

Buy this. It roasts nicely and evenly. I'd give it a full 5 stars if I could get it just a little hotter.

I do batches of 1/2 cup of green beans easily. The first minute or so you have to shake the machine to keep the beans moving, but they'll soon loose enough water weight to bounce on their own.

No better buy for the money.
I'm at a [6].
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 21, 2011
I have a Presto air popper, which worked well on popcorn. However, the grains of sorghum were so light they got blown out of the popper before they popped. The Air Crazy is built different. Instead of blowing hot air up from the bottom through a mesh like the Presto, the air comes in through vents in a solid aluminum cylinder from the sides. The tiny grains of sorghum are only circulated in the Air Crazy. As with other means of popping sorghum, you only get about 70% popped. And since the popped kernels are so small, they don't get easily blown out of the popper. You have to tip it while they pop so they fall into a bowl. I haven't tried to just leave it so that the grains build up in the popper so I don't know if they would burn. Still when compared to popping them in my Stir Crazy, popping in a pot with continuous stirring or trying my microwave powerpop - this is by far the best and easiest method and no oil needed.
on May 2, 2014
I have no idea why there are so many bad reviews for this product. I'm a huge popcorn fan. I had a great machine for 10 years that recently died. So I tried several of the well rated machines on Amazon and threw them all out. The issue was that they all push the hot air up from underneath the popcorn which causes the un-popped seeds to fly out of the machines (major design flaw in my opinion.) The West Bend feeds the air from the sides which causes the seeds to spin in the popper by not fly out of the machine. As a huge popcorn fan, this is the only machine that I will use.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.