BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 18, 2016
We use it for roasting coffee beans and it works really well. Every bean is roasted to the same level. The only drawback is that you can only do about 1/3 of a cup at a time, but for the price you can't beat it. If you are looking to get into coffee roasting, but not ready to drop $$$ for a coffee roaster, get this one.

Edit: We have roasted 6 pounds of coffee since we bought this roaster. It has worked perfectly every time.
on July 24, 2016
I used this for making popcorn and for roasting coffee beans. It was fantastic for both! I was a little worried that it would be too small, but it is absolutely perfect. Also, it has the on/off switch which many models lack.. I am very pleased!
on October 15, 2017
For those of you looking to a popcorn machine to roast coffee beans, this one works great. It has the vents on the sides that blow and twirl the beans around in a circle. I don't know how it is for popcorn, I always just do that in a saucepan with some oil and foil on top.
on December 19, 2014
I bought this Air Crazy popcorn popper for roasting coffee at home. And, for that, it works very well. Heats up quickly; roasts well.

Drawbacks? Well, it's not fair to really say this given that it's not for roasting coffee, but the capacity is kind of small (I only can roast about 1/2 cup at a time). Other than that, a great, simple product.
on January 3, 2015
I bought this to roast green coffee beans. Unfortunately this version has a part that regulates temperature and keeps it from getting hot enough. We found a tutorial online about how to remove this, and now it gets hot enough to properly roast coffee. Haven't tried it for popcorn. Keep in mind that using this to roast coffee voids the warranty, but as long as you know that it's no big deal. Just keep a close eye while roasting and never walk away!
on March 12, 2017
I use this to roast small quantities of coffee, does good job. The air vents are especially important cause it keeps beans moving and doesn't blow them out. Uses vent slots instead if screens very important.
on July 17, 2016
Thank God I didn't walk away or my house could have burned down! It never popped anything, just started smoking and smelled like burning plastic... I cannot get the smokey/burning smell out of my house! Even after I unplugged it, the smoke continued to get worse.... I had to take it outside and dump a bowl of water over it to stop the smoke/fire from getting worse.
on November 6, 2013
Bought this as my second coffee roaster, and the thermostat cut off the heat right before first crack. I opened it up and disabled the thermostat, and then it was working perfectly (first crack right around 3 minutes, second crack around 9ish). Then, three months later, first crack started getting drawn out for over 2 minutes, and not getting much darker than about City+ or Full City. Now I roast for about 10 minutes and get something along the lines of City+. So, for $18 I roasted some delicious coffee for three months; I'd say it's worth it! Compared to the "official" air roasters out there (over $150) that seem to (based on the reviews) last about a year before chaff builds up and fries the insides, this is still cheaper!

My friend got an Air Crazy right about the same time as me, and says his is still working perfectly. I just bought another one, so hopefully that one lasts longer!

Bottom line: If you are interested in roasting your own coffee, definitely get this product, and definitely check out the Sweet Maria's website for info and beans. Then, depending on your interest and your budget, either keep replacing this unit, or upgrade.
on January 11, 2016
Use it to roast green coffee beans. Works as well as the expensive coffee roasters. Love the results. The popcorn poppers with the hot air holes on the sides are the ones to get, not the hot air holes at the bottom. I don't know anything about the newer model of this West Bend.
on December 21, 2014
Great for roasting coffee, if modified. You have to open it up and pull the thermostat off. THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY, but if you want to roast coffee past the first crack its necessary. Don't send me a million questions on how to do it, just go to YouTube and search westbend crazy air modification, it takes 5 minutes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.