Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "West Bend TEM4500W Egg and Muffin Toaster" and save 69% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
West Bend TEM4500W Egg and Muffin Toaster
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 4 wide slots with high-toast lift feature
- Defrost function
- Light to dark control settings
- Perfect for cooking eggs
- 2 meat warming trays
- Cord storage
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
2 Meat Warming Trays
Heat pre-cooked meat, tomato or pineapple.slices to accompany toast or a breakfast sandwich. The options are endless.
Steam poach or scramble an egg with ease
in about 4 minutes. Includes Egg Basket for
hard-or soft-boiling up to 8 eggs at a time.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||19.5 x 12.4 x 10 in||11.4 x 12.5 x 8 in||12 x 12.3 x 8 in||13.34 x 13.5 x 8.58 in||13 x 12.7 x 8.5 in||—|
|Material Type||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Aluminum||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic|
Egg and Muffin toastser, 4 wide slots with high-toast lift to accommodate bagels, breads and croissants, defrost function with light to dark control settings, egg cooker can steam poach or scramble eggs in about 4 mins, egg basket for hard or soft boiling up to 8 eggs at one time, 2 meat warming trays to heat pre-cooked meats, tomatoe or pineapple slices, concealed cord storage, slide-out crumb tray, auto shut-off with cancel button, 1800-watt, 1-year warranty.Read the Instruction Manual prior to using the product.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So besides the horrible teflon pans, this thing is great! It makes awesome toast, egg sandwiches, perfect hard boiled eggs, and you can use little cast iron skillets!
A few tips:
1. Spraying down the cast iron pans with oil when cooking eggs is a MUST!
2. If you heat ham on the tray above the eggs, be prepared to drain off the water that falls into the egg pans. The eggs will be a little watery, but I'm ok with that.
3. To clean the water boiling tray, simply put a tsp. of white vinegar and a tbsp. of water in the tray and run an egg cycle. Stop the cycle just before the water boils completely off, and wipe dry.
Once settled in the motel which had a small fridge, I picked up some eggs, whole wheat english muffins, sliced cheddar cheese and a package of sliced ham from the deli. With a little experimenting, I was enjoying a delicious, lower cal version of Egg McMuffins for breakfast every morning. Instead of using a whole egg, I substituted two egg whites in each little poaching pan and added a little extra steaming water to cook the thicker egg patty long enough to get it cooked all the way through. I saved money and calories by making these myself in the motel, and so easy to do!
Granted, this wouldn't be easy to lug on a plane, but for a driving trip it's lightweight and easy to carry in and out of motel rooms. I'll keep using this at home now, for toasting bread as well as making egg sandwiches. The added bonus -- this also makes up to 8 perfectly done hard boiled eggs in just a few minutes with steam instead of boiling water, and for the three batches I've made have, the shells have come off very easily.
This great gadget has earned a permanent spot on my kitchen counter!
************* Edit: February 18, 2013. ***************
After three months of use, I'm even more in love with this thing than I was at first.
1. I've used this every day, sometimes twice a day, to make egg sandwiches or just to make toast. It performs flawlessly.
2. Shortly after I bought this in November, one of the egg poaching pans began losing its non-stick coating, coming off in blisters. A month later, the other one did the same thing. It wasn't a big deal, I just wiped it out with a scrubby pad and rinsed it off to remove any flakes of coating. After the second pan started doing the same thing, I called West Bend and explained the issue -- they sent me two free new pans without question, and I have had no trouble with the non stick coating on the new ones, so it must have been a bad batch. Be sure to use a good-quality non stick spray, butter, or oil in the pan before you drop in the eggs.
3. I see some of the reviews complain that the toast doesn't pop up high enough and they have to use a fork to fish it out. The levers on this toaster are designed so that you can actually lift the lever up about an inch from it's "popped up" position to raise smaller muffins or bread above the toaster for easy retrieval.
4. Other reviews have complained that the toaster doesn't toast the bread very well on the darkest setting. The twist knobs to control the darkness of the toast are backwards from what you would expect. To toast darker, turn the knob all the way to the left. Then it will work just fine. I like my english muffins extra toasted, so I just push the defrost button when I start the eggs and (unfrozen) muffins, which will run the toaster setting a little longer.
5. The reservoir that you pour the water into to steam the eggs can get a little grungy after a few uses. For easy cleanup, pour a little water into the reservoir and push the "egg" button to start steaming the water. Before it has evaporated, push the cancel button and let the water cool off. Then simply wipe it out with a sponge -- all the grunge loosens off when the water heats up -- no scrubbing necessary.
6. This thing makes the greatest hardboiled eggs ever. The shells peel right off and the yolks don't have that weird green shade that they do if you boil them on the stove too long. A tip to keep the occasional egg from cracking while you are using the hardboiled egg steamer function -- put all of the eggs with the pointed end up in the steamer rack. Once I figured that out, I haven't had a single one crack during the cooking process, and there's no need to use the little puncturing needle that's included to keep the shells from cracking.
I like this toaster so much that I bought a second one as a backup in case this one ever stops working. If you like Egg McMuffins, you will love this toaster as much as I do.
1) English muffin 143 calories
2) Large egg 74 calories
3) 2 slices canadian bacon 50 calories
4) 1 slice cheese 70 calories
Complete breakfast ready in 10 minutes 337 Calories. Low sodium and completely delicious.
1) 2 scrambled eggs 148 calories <1 carb
2) 2 slices of cheese 140 calories <1 carb
3) 3 slices canadian bacon 75 calories <1 carb
1) Scramble the eggs in a bowl as you would for an omelet
2) Grease the egg cups with butter,pam, or oil (very important for egg release and easy cleanup) and add 1/2 the mixture to each egg greased egg cup along with 1 1/2 chopped canadian bacon slices.
3) Fill the water just over the medium poached egg line, add to the machine and start the cooking.
4) In a few minutes the light will go off completing the cooking cycle. 5) Add a slice of cheese to the top of one of the cups and leave in the steam until melted.
6) Remove the un-cheesed (a new word) cup and add the cheesed cup on top so the cheese is in the middle like a savory egg oreo.
7) Add another slice to the top and you are done with a stacked canadian bacon cheesy quick omelet.
This entire process takes 10 minutes! No pans to scrub!
Cleanup is easy and all of the ingredients cook/heat up at the same time. The toast stays down and warm and doesn't pop up until the egg is done. If you are counting calories/carbs or just love delicious savory breakfast on the fly this is an absolute no brainer.
Most recent customer reviews
they like it.Read more