WestMenLights Sputnik Orbs 18-Light Iron Pendant Chandelier, Deep Brown
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Features 18 socket sputnik bulbs
- Add modern character to any interior with its trendy look
- 18 bulbs surround a deep brown metal finish ball in the center
- Especially gorgeous for living room, dining room, breakfast nook, but also beautiful for cafe, bar
- The center rod is 19.7 in length but can be customized according to your needs
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
WestMenLights sputnik pendant light details: industrial sputnik arm with lamp holder and bare shade reveals and maximize Edison bulb light; black socket UL listed; Edison bulbs limited 60W max. Not included in the fixture, may also choose 3W LED Edison bulbs in our store; UL listed cord hardwired; vaulted ceiling available; center rod length:19.7" and accept custom made length; voltage:110V-240V available; overall:25.98" W. 35.43"H; ceiling bracket:4"diam. WestMenLights fixture comes with everything needed for installation including installation accessory, ceiling bracket and installation instructions.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The description says you can choose your favorite bulb type on their web site, and "not included", so I was pretty sure it didn't come with bulbs. But I can see how some people thought there was contradicting information on this point. I can confirm, no it doesn't come with bulbs.
For assembly, piece of cake in my experience. Just screw in the 18 pieces, and install like any other light.
Some other observations:
* The diameter was a little smaller than I expected
* The finish wasn't what I expected, either - not aged or anything like that. Just an espresso color. But it looks great. I didn't have any peeling paint or finish problems at all.
* Normal size sockets, you can install just about any light bulb you want. I really like the idea of Edison bulbs, but I tried it with LED bulbs and it now it looks space age, not Steampunk.
* So unlike almost any other chandelier I've seen, this gives you the flexibility of changing out the bulbs according to mood, season, etc. (orange or black for Halloween, red & green for Christmas, etc). Also, while at the hardware store buying my bulbs, I saw a Tiffany-style bulbs (stained glass) that would have really given this thing some character.
* For me, the packing was great. Everything was triple wrapped. It came in a small box, not too heavy (since there's no glass), and came without any damage.
* Hanging length can be customized (max 20" as purchased). But I believe you could go to the hardware store & find the parts to extend the length to probably anything you need.
Ok, here's one caveat:
I measured my room prior to ordering, and thought there would be room to install with a 10" hanging length. What I *didn't* count on was that there are 18 bulbs with no shade, so they're basically all staring you in the face. So it didn't end up working for my intended configuration, it would have been way too bright, even with low watt light bulbs.
The second disappointment came when I saw that the orb, which holds all the Sputnik lights, was collapsed. It's two halves of a sphere on an internal rod. The rod was bent, making one of the half spheres bent into the other. There with a small, sharp gouge on the upper sphere, as well as some of the brown enamel was worn off of the edge on the lower sphere. The internal rod where the nuts screw onto was at an odd angle. This lamp cannot be installed until I take it to the hardware store to get the internal structural rod replaced... and hoping that's all that is wrong with it.
I don't recommend because I cannot install as is because it arrived broken & gouged. The packing was too loose in my opinion to expect it to arrive in good shape. I recently moved and would never have packed that lamp with such little packing, allowing for way too much movement. The box also looked like it had been taped up a few times, as if it had been previously opened.
The allusion to accompanying bulbs, combined with the poor packing which led to the bent up orb structure & an enamel gouge & scrape, is not a good way to make happy customers. It's too bad because the design of this light is absolutely gorgeous.
Now, someone needs to come up with a cheaper way to make the vintage bulbs. I love them!
Though I have yet to find this specifically shown. . . but . . I can only assume from the packaging and such that this fixture is Made in China. It’s very cheap, though not inexpensive. It’s simple enough to put together. The “orb” in the center is two-parts. Parts are included, but it’s highly likely you may want to purchase better parts. You may also wish to look at other options, as similar light fixtures abound, and if they are all Made in China, I’m not sure this is the one. . . especially as bulbs are not included.