Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Westcott 301 Photo Basics 40-Inch 5-in-1 Reflector" and save 31% off the $41.10 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.99 shipping
Westcott 301 Photo Basics 40-Inch 5-in-1 Reflector
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Silver increases the specular highlights and yields a high-contrast image. Its perfect for video, product shots and B&W photography.
- Gold produces a natural, golden fill that is great for sunsets or indoor portraits.
- White produces an even, neutral-colored bounce light that works beautifully as a fill light source
- Black is used as a flag to block light or can be used to subtract light
- Translucent fabric is used to diffuse light, producing a broad light source and a soft, wraparound effect
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
The Photo Basics 5-in-1 Collapsible Reflector Kit is versatile in the field and in the studio, providing shadow-lightening detail in your subject, using available, or studio lighting. It contains a translucent white disc, which is perfect for softening direct sunlight, or lights without diffusion. Use the removable, reversible zippered slipcover to reflect light into shadow areas of your subject. The cover consists of the following colors: silver, gold, white and black. This 42" reflector is perfect for 3/4 length portraits, and medium still-life setups. It folds down to 1/3 its open size, and comes with a carry case. We suggest the purchase of a pivoting arm and stand, to hold the disc where needed -- especially if you are working without an assistant.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This set is nice and comes with many different options to bounce light as well as diffuse overly bright light (this can come in handy in direct sunlight or harsh LED lighting).
The reflectors fold up compactly and fit into an included bag. Some people have complained about the quality of the bag, but I've only used it indoors so far and haven't had to throw it into a bag or car trunk for transport (yet... ). Either way, they fold up pretty compactly, so I'm sure I could fashion a different bag or method to hold them later if needed.
They are basic, but they do the job. Later, I'll look for some larger ones with the handles for better hand holding or stand-mounting.
The Westcott 301 5-in-1 Reflector is simple to use and comes with a convenient carrying bag. You can either have an assistant hold it, or you can mount it on a stand (sold separately). It's very durable looks way more professional than using a sunshade from the automotive department in Walmart. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, they work as a reflector too).
Here's how it works:
-The silver side is very reflective, and only casts the color of the light being thrown into it.
-The gold side will give you warmer skin tones in situations that you desire warmer light.
-The white side can be used when you need some fill light, but you don't need as much output as the silver side would give you. The white is not as reflective and it's softer.
-The black side will subtract light. If you are in a situation where you want to take away light, you would use this side of the reflector
-The diffuser, is great for sunny days where you want to soften the light on your subject. I recommend buying 2 of the Reflectors because you can use one to diffuse the light and one to use as a fill
Great product from Westcott and you just can't beat this price. It's a great tool for pros and novices alike.
Brian Rodgers Jr.
National Association of Photoshop Professionals
This thing is very impressive when popped out to full-size - it's large yes, but that's better than too small - you can do some amazing things with this reflector! This is a very professional-looking product as well.. sturdy and I personally didn't have any problems with the zipper. It seems a bit large for a smaller stand though, I just had someone hold it while taking photos. The gold side used outdoors makes a REMARKABLE difference to my photos!
I LOVE this reflector - this is all I will probably ever need and I'm excited that I decided to take a "middle of the road"-priced product for a try.
Specific notes about it:
1) So large that it's easier if you have an additional person there to hold it, especially if outdoors and it's a tad breezy
2) The gold side is incredible (if I had a choice between all of the colors, I'd definitely pick gold)
3) The zipper works fine if you are not haphazard with it... I can tell it'd get get caught on the fabric if you tried to zip it too fast. This may not be the product for someone who needs to flip the cover in a rush.
4) This is a large reflector, and even though it does collapse, it's still a bit larger than I expected when collapsed (I think it's around 20+ inches when it's collapsed). The case has a simple/little handle on it though that I wore around my wrist.