Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 231 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 243 reviews
on December 6, 2016
Package was several days late. Was wrapped up really nice in Bubble Wrap but was only inside of a Paper Envelope. Ordered a 250GB Drive but received a 500GB drive which is probably great for some people. The problem is, I ordered 250GB for a reason, because larger Drives are less reliable -- that's just a fact. The sweet spot is 250GB, once you get to 1TB and higher the failure rate goes up.

Thankfully the Drive was New inside an anti-static bag and worked without any hassle. I can't say the same about the SSD this replaced, SSD's are a hassle to set up and have issues with Motherboards that are just a few years old. SSD's are still too unreliable unfortunately.
on April 2, 2016
it works ok tho i did have a problem when i decided to use it for a new pc build an windows couldnt find it? i did everything an nothing worked so i returned the mother board, got a new motherboard an still windows couldnt see it. so i used another HD an windows could now see it. but the hard drive was working an in good condition an worked as an additional drive in any pc i just could install windows on it
on December 10, 2014
This an older drive and I was worried about what I would get. I use a raid 5 network device to store backup copies of my important data.The 3rd drive in the RAID array failed, which was the same make and model of the drive I am reviewing, and I was running the RAID array in degraded mode which made me motivated to resolve the issue. The drive was pristine when I received it, perfectly packaged and delivered. It was the exact model needed. I dropped it into my RAID device and hit the rebuild function, sometime later, I was back in business. Sounds like a simple transaction, but it has been my experience that many things can go wrong with spinning disk technology. Great job.
on January 28, 2012
I've had this HDD in my machine for a few days now and so far, I've been very impressed. I purchased this drive mainly for storage and running some applications supplementary to my Corsair 60 GB Force Series 3 SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive - CSSD-F60GB3A-BK, which I use as a boot drive and to run a few other applications. Overall, I've been very happy with it. My system detected the new drive right away. Even for a Caviar Blue, which is intended to be their mid-level drive, I have been happy with the read/write speeds and stability. The SATA III, 6bg/s is a noticeable change from my previous storage drives. I've also been pleased with how quiet it is. I had to put my ear right up against the case to hear it in operation. From my normal seating position, it is completely inaudible. For $59.99, this drive was a steal. If you are looking for a nice drive to use for storage, this is a great purchase.

System Specs:
Corsair Enthusiast Series 750-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD platforms - CMPSU-750TXV2
ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68 - PCIe 3.0 and UEFI BIOS Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2200 LGA 1155 Motherboards P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Corsair Vengeance Blu 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
Intel Core i5-2500K Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1 GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card (01G-P3-1370-TR)
Western Digital 320 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD3200AAKX
Zalman CNPS9900 MAX Cooling Fan/Heatsink 1 X 135 Mm 1500 Rpm 1700 Rpm Long Life Bearing
on August 15, 2013
I'm a professional software developer. Being also a careful shopper, I spent a long time researching hard drives for speed, reliability, and size. Frankly, it's easy to get overwhelmed. In particular, I became dismayed at the apparent poor reliability of many name-brand drives - often it appeared that up to 1 in 10 drives failed soon after purchase.

I suspect Amazon has a problem with disgruntled buyers skewing review results. I don't doubt some drives do fail, but it's easy to imagine that these get reported with a much higher frequency than those that don't.

In any event, I resisted spending more money for a "more reliable", "higher performance", "higher capacity" drive. The WD Blue 250 GB has been a delight. It's vastly quieter than my old Ultra320 Scsi 1500 rpm drive, and just as fast. As for size, 250 GB is plenty big for me since I backup to another drive and burn important stuff to disk as well.
on March 25, 2014
I have use Western Digital drives for many years without problem or issue. I expected no less on this purchase and have not been disappointed. Since this was a clean drive, I was able to load Windows 7 on it without worrying about any other programs. Worked great! This size drive was chosen due to the low amount of usage expected. I'm putting together a machine for my sister who looks at the Internet but doesn't have many programs. Great buy for the price and delivery was fast and efficient as always.
on April 5, 2012
So far it's been only a couple days, but I love this thing. I replaced my old 70GB on my Dell Optiplex tower I got free from work, and usable space is about 300 on the drive itself.

The WD 320 is definatly quieter than my old HD, and at 7200 RPM it's fast. I've noticed the speed difference between this and my old HD for sure. It was SATA and very easy to plug in. I bought the bare drive, but my tower already had connections ready for it. I just had to pick up a SATA cable to connect it to my MB (3 bucks at my local PC repair shop)

Shipping was fast as usual with Amazon-stocked items. Plus, I live 30 minutes away from my local Amazon warehouse.

So far so good! Lots of space left, fast and easy to mirror my old HD to my new one. Took about 10 minutes with free software you download from the Western Digital website. Now my old HD is my backup/spare.
on July 24, 2017
A bit slower than my old HDD, even though it's supposedly the same speed, but I can't really complain.
on June 27, 2017
This was a great deal to get my dad's computer back up and running after his hard drive bricked on us.
on December 14, 2013
This is a great hard drive, I use it on my gaming rig, it spines at 7200rpm so u can’t go wrong with this hard drive, the performance is nice and solid, it’s very fast, stable and quite, and it’s sold here on amazon for a great price, I’m a IT professional and I also use it for business tasks, this hard drive is great for any task like storing data to watching movies and excessing all your files with flawless performance, I highly recommend this hard drive.