Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.62 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Western Digital Scorpio Blue 750 GB SATA 5400 RPM 8 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Notebook Hard Drive - WD7500BPVT
|Price:||$47.80 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- These drives offer the highest capacity for space-hungry operating systems with plenty of room left over for photos, music, and video.
- Quiet WhisperDrive technology combines state-of-the-art seeking algorithms to yield one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market.
- Reliable and rugged ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- Fast and efficient Ultra-fast 3 Gb/s SATA interface speed yields performance fit for demanding mobile applications.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Western Digital
- Model Number: WD7500BPVT
- Hard Disk Size: 750.0 GB
- Manufacturer Warranty Description: 2
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Western Digital Scorpio Blue 750 GB SATA 5400 RPM 8 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Notebook Hard Drive - WD7500BPVT
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Finity India -Fast & Free Shipping||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||JusTrade|
|Hard Disk Size||750 GB||750 GB||750 GB||500 GB|
|Speed||5400 RPM||5400 RPM||7200 RPM||5400 RPM|
|Form Factor||2.5 inch||2.5 inch||2.5 inch||2.5 inch|
|Hardware Interface||sata 6 0 gb||sata 6 0 gb||sata 6 0 gb||sata 6 0 gb|
|Cache Memory Installed||8||8||16||8|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drives – Big capacity for portable computing.
WD Scorpio Blue 2.5-inch SATA hard drives deliver ultra-quiet operation and low power consumption, making them the ideal drive for everyday notebook computing. In addition, these hard drives are designed with ruggedness, reliability, and data-protection features that actively watch over your valuable data.
Why you should choose WD Scorpio Blue drives:
WD Scorpio Blue SATA drives are the perfect way to add storage for all your photos, videos and files on your notebook computer.
State-of-the-art seeking algorithms and advanced power management features ensure low power consumption and long battery life.
In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD's exclusive WhisperDrive technology yields one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market.
The industry standard and most common interface.
- Notebook computing
- Small form factor external enclosures
SATA 3 Gb/s - The industry standard and most common interface.
NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
Rugged - WD's ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
Advanced Format (AF) - Technology being adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers to continue growing hard drive capacities. New drives featuring AF are optimized for operation with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard. For older operating systems such as Windows XP, users must run the free WD Align software utility to achieve the full performance of the drive.
Tested for compatibility - We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
Upgrading your drive is easy - WD Acronis TrueImage, available as a free download on the WD Support site, enables you to copy all your data to a new drive so you don't have to reinstall your operating system to get all the benefits of a new drive. Note: Bare drive does not include any cables or mounting hardware.
The WD advantage - WD puts our products through extensive Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T.) prior to any product launch. On average, each new product goes through 600,000 hours of testing. WD also has a detailed Knowledge Base with more than 1,000 helpful articles. You can also call toll-free support 7 days per week in the U.S. and Canada. See the WD Support site for full details.
WD-certified packaging - All WD drives purchased from Amazon.com are shipped in WD-certified hard drive packaging. It is designed and fully tested to provide WD products with the highest of safety while in transit. With WD-certified packaging, you can rest assured that your WD hard drive will arrive safely, fully protected, in a non-descript, easy-open package.
Works with Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 and Mac operating systems.
You might also consider:
Top Customer Reviews
Some notes about upgrading the Sony Playstation 3:
1) The drive bay for a PS3 is 9.5 mm tall. Originally, I purchased the 1 TB version of this drive based upon the specifications found on Amazon.com. The Amazon.com website says the 1 TB drive is 1/6 of an inch tall. In reality, it is 12.5 mm or around 7/16 to 1/2 inch tall. The drive bay is a good 3 mm smaller in size, so the 1 TB drive won't fit.
You should note, at the time I bought this drive the Amazon.com description / specification for this drive lists the height as 1/8 of an inch, which is NOT correct. This drive is 9.5mm tall according to my measurements, as well as the Western Digital product description page.
2) You will find instructions on the Internet (in multiple locations -- even the Sony Playstation forums) on how to upgrade the Sony Playstation 3 hard drive. Some useful pointers, though are:
A) Before backing up the system, make sure you're at the latest and greatest firmware level. OK, you don't need the latest, but you will need at least level 2.4 (as it contains updates for drives over 40 GB). I upgraded at level 3.6. NOTE: The operating system is not on the hard drive, but in the memory of the PS3.
B) Backing up the system requires a FAT32 formatted device.Read more ›
It formatted to start with 620GB FREE of 698 GB / 750GB HDD
The PS3 will format your HDD no matter what your size HDD, but its all good! Game it up! = )
I previously had a great 320GB HDD Western Digital in my PS3 Phat 60GB launch system, which I am still keeping, but I upgraded to the new PS3 Slim and 750GB!!
* The drive is silent, it is as quiet or quieter than the Seagate
* I cannot provide an exact measurement yet, but battery life is noticeably longer. I am estimating 10-15% even with the larger capacity. (Probably because of advances in technology as well as the lower 5400 RPM)
* The ADF formatting provides considerably more usable space. It is the first time in a decade where I am left with nearly the stated drive capacity after I have formatted the drive.
* Despite the lower RPM and smaller cache of the WD drive vs. the Seagate, I am not experiencing slower access, application start-up or data response.
* It fits easily into a 17" Unibody MacBook Pro. it is actually ever so slightly shorter
* If you are installing it in a Mac with SnowLeapard (10.6.x) and TimeMachine, you will want to install a fresh system and then import preferences, apps and data using the TimeMachine option. Trying to restore directly without installing a fresh system results in failure, I believe this is because of the new ADF formatting of the drive.
The Seagate 320GB was a quick reliable drive, but I filled it to capacity within a year.
The next step was to swap the drives. There are many videos out there that show you exactly how to do it, so the actual process of replacing the old drive with the new one was easy. The fist restart after the swap didn't go so well since the internal disk was not recognized. I had to use my Leopard installation disk to get to the disk utility again and run the 'verify disk" option (hold the option key while the Leopard DVD is in the CD/DVD drive and then after selecting "English" option, don't go through a full restart, just get to the utility option and select the "disk utility" from the top pull down menu).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This hard drive barely lasted 6 months with 8 to 25hrs a week worth of use. In all good conscience, I could not recommend this hard drive to anyone.Published 9 months ago by Retro Gamer