Westinghouse SA61950 Stand Mixer, Stainless Steel
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 450-watt of power
- Planetary mixing action creates more contact with the beater and the bowl reducing the need to scrape the ingredients down
- Large 3-1/2-quart stainless steel locking mixing bowl because the beater is doing all of the motion, not a moving dish that your bowl could slip off of
- Instructional DVD on how to use your new mixer
- Pulse feature as well as 4 speeds at your fingertips for precision mixing
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Westinghouse 3-1/2-quart Stand Mixer is driven by a powerful 450-watt motor with 4-speed fingertip controls with a pulse feature that allows you to handle any mixing need your recipes require. With the three included mixing attachments, you can mix, whip and even knead dough and take your baking to the next level. The Westinghouse Stand Mixer features a planetary mixing action that provides a shorter mixing time by simultaneously spinning on its own axis and traveling a circular path around the bowl. This motion creates more contact between beater and ingredients, and completes tasks like creaming butter or blending flour into dough in record time. This design also allows the beaters to make it to every part of the bowl, so you seldom need to scrape it down. It's sleek compact design is beautiful and small enough to be kept on the counter or tucked away in a cupboard. This compact, powerful mixer does it all and includes a stainless steel bowl, stainless steel whisk, beater dough hook, aluminum flat paddle, transparent splashguard, flour feeder, instructional DVD, and user manual with a one year limited manufacture's warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here's what I have discovered so far. I just received this and used it already and will modify this review later if I see it necessary.
1. It's beautiful. It doesn't take up a full acre of counter space. I plan to keep mine on the counter as soon as I whip up a cover for it.
2. It's heavy! The sheer weight of it tells me that this machine is not messing around!
3. SUCTION CUPS!!! That's right, I said suction cups. There are four suction cups on the bottom that suck right onto the counter. Because of that, there's not even a hint of a wiggle when it's working.
4. It's sounds great! It's not whisper soft, no... but it doesn't sound like a helicopter taking off in my kitchen, either. It has that "I'm not a pansy piece of crap" appliance sound. It means business. It's a smooth hum... I don't want you all thinking it's going to break windows. When you've had appliances break like I have, you get an ear for that dreaded "I'm about to fry out" sound.
5. The instructions don't take a 4 year degree in communications to understand. Very straight forward, very easy to understand, and there are pictures. I haven't watched the DVD yet, and I know I should, but I couldn't wait to get this baby out of the box and use it.
6. All removable parts are extremely easy to install/uninstall. There's no fuss, no muss, and no tools. You hear a nice, clear, definitive "click" when you press the release button to lift the beater. You know it's up, and it's going to stay up until you press the button again and move it down. This comes with a whisk, flat and dough hook attachment, that fit easily and securely. Do not worry about the attachments coming off during mixing. It's simply not going to happen.
7. After using, when you turn it to zero, it takes a moment to turn completely off. Oddly enough, I like that. It winds down instead of coming to an abrupt stop. I would think that's easier on the motor.
8. When the bowl is in place, it's very secure. It isn't going to move until you move it. Same with the splash guard and the flour feeder.
Now, for my review on the shipping...
Amazon, you guys are the greatest! I received my item the exact day promised. The packaging as well as the product box itself were in pristine condition. All items were in the box as described, although it took me a moment to find the splash guard. Folks, look really hard at all the styrofoam pieces. Since it's a clear splash guard, I had trouble seeing it. But it will be there, trust me.
And for all those Kitchenaid people, remember what Betty Furness said back in the 50s..."You can be SURE if it's Westinghouse!" I have yet to ever have a bad Westinghouse product!
So far so good, plenty of power to finish up kneading the bread without hand work. The bread hook is a great design and easy to get on and off. The mixer has what they call "Planetary mixing action" which means that the beater moves around in the bowl to get to all sides. This a good thing, I can't imagine why anyone would make a stand mixer and not have either the mixer head or the bowl move.
The box does have a big disclaimer "for home use only" so it does suggest that they at least don't want to warranty the mixer for heavy use. So we will see over time how this lasts. But for now it is a great stand mixer at great price. I do a food blog [...] so this mixer will get a good workout, hopefully for many years to come.
When I got the mixer I was really excited. I went to make cupcakes that first night. Unfortunately, the mixer had a short and would cutoff. Amazon's return was really easy. I went online to request a replacement mixer. Before they had even received the broken mixer, I had my new mixer in hand.
Again, I went straight home and made some cupcakes, but this time, the mixer worked like a DREAM!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mixer!!!
I gave this 4 stars for a few small things. When you go to lift the arm up the paddle hits the side of the bowl. Because of this if you have a drippy batter, if you haven't unlocked the bowl when you lift the arm, part of the paddle will hang over the bowl. So you could end up with batter on your counter. I typically lift the arm until it is about to hit the side of the bowl, then I unlock the bowl and tilt it out and then lift the arm the rest of the way. Minor inconvenience. But I got it worked out just fine! Also, when you go to get the paddle out of the machine to wash off the batter, you get messy hands since you have to grab the paddle to turn it out of it's slot. It would be nice if there had been just a slot you push it into and then a button that releases it. But this gives me a reason to lick batter off my hands. Ha! Lastly, the bowl is a little awkward to put on the mixer base, not to get off, but to initially get it into the slot to lock it into place. But again, this is only a minor inconvenience that really isn't even an inconvenience.
On the plus side, this mixer is MUCH lighter than a KitchenAid. Also, the Flour Cover is a complete blessing!!! Saves the mess of flour flying out of the bowl when you add it. Such a nice addition to this mixer!!!! It has just as much power as a KitchenAid with 450-watts.
I've heard people complain that it's loud and it is, but it's a mixer. I think it's normal loudness for a mixer. I've read other people complain of the suction cups on the feet don't stick. I actually haven't noticed that issue on mine at all. I've also read that the 3.5 quart mixing bowl is bothersome for some people who like to do multiple batches in one. I've only made single batches of cupcakes (enough for 24 cupcakes). But I do think that I could make a double batch of cupcakes in that one bowl with no problem. And what instances I would need to make more than 48 cupcakes at a time, I do not know since I am not a caterer or professional baker. I'm just a girl who likes to bake cupcakes and give them to her friends and co-workers!
I've had my working replacement now for about 3 weeks and I've made around a dozen batches of cupcakes. So I've put it through good use. This mixer has replaced my desire for a KitchenAid completely. I really have enjoyed my Westinghouse quite a bit!!!!
And I urge you that if you order your mixer online and something doesn't seem to work right, send it back and try a replacement!