Westinghouse SA61950 Stand Mixer, Stainless Steel
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 450-watt of power
- Planetary mixing action creates more contact with the beater and the bowl reducing the need to scrape the ingredients down
- Large 3-1/2-quart stainless steel locking mixing bowl because the beater is doing all of the motion, not a moving dish that your bowl could slip off of
- Instructional DVD on how to use your new mixer
- Pulse feature as well as 4 speeds at your fingertips for precision mixing
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
Here's what I have discovered so far. I just received this and used it already and will modify this review later if I see it necessary.
1. It's beautiful. It doesn't take up a full acre of counter space. I plan to keep mine on the counter as soon as I whip up a cover for it.
2. It's heavy! The sheer weight of it tells me that this machine is not messing around!
3. SUCTION CUPS!!! That's right, I said suction cups. There are four suction cups on the bottom that suck right onto the counter. Because of that, there's not even a hint of a wiggle when it's working.
4. It's sounds great! It's not whisper soft, no... but it doesn't sound like a helicopter taking off in my kitchen, either. It has that "I'm not a pansy piece of crap" appliance sound. It means business. It's a smooth hum... I don't want you all thinking it's going to break windows. When you've had appliances break like I have, you get an ear for that dreaded "I'm about to fry out" sound.
5. The instructions don't take a 4 year degree in communications to understand. Very straight forward, very easy to understand, and there are pictures. I haven't watched the DVD yet, and I know I should, but I couldn't wait to get this baby out of the box and use it.
6. All removable parts are extremely easy to install/uninstall. There's no fuss, no muss, and no tools. You hear a nice, clear, definitive "click" when you press the release button to lift the beater. You know it's up, and it's going to stay up until you press the button again and move it down.Read more ›
So far so good, plenty of power to finish up kneading the bread without hand work. The bread hook is a great design and easy to get on and off. The mixer has what they call "Planetary mixing action" which means that the beater moves around in the bowl to get to all sides. This a good thing, I can't imagine why anyone would make a stand mixer and not have either the mixer head or the bowl move.
The box does have a big disclaimer "for home use only" so it does suggest that they at least don't want to warranty the mixer for heavy use. So we will see over time how this lasts. But for now it is a great stand mixer at great price. I do a food blog [...] so this mixer will get a good workout, hopefully for many years to come.
When I got the mixer I was really excited. I went to make cupcakes that first night. Unfortunately, the mixer had a short and would cutoff. Amazon's return was really easy. I went online to request a replacement mixer. Before they had even received the broken mixer, I had my new mixer in hand.
Again, I went straight home and made some cupcakes, but this time, the mixer worked like a DREAM!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mixer!!!
I gave this 4 stars for a few small things. When you go to lift the arm up the paddle hits the side of the bowl.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had this for 3 years and it works great. I find I have to use a higher speed than cooking directions call for. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Amanda
RUN!!! The attachments practically dissolve in hot water and the company not only won't replace them, but doesn't even sell them. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Gail
EXTREMELY noisy! Save your money and buy a kitchen aid. Have to constantly scrap sides to get everything to mix correctly.Published on March 8, 2014 by afwheather
This is a heavy mixer. Works well but aggravating to use. The bowl is small and is good for a small batch of brownies but overflows the bowl for a three layer cake. Read morePublished on February 12, 2014 by T&K Fordham
Unfortunately I didnt use this for 3 weeks after purchasing it. When I did I found that it runs at whatever speed it chooses, the bottom 1-1/2" never gets touched by the beater... Read morePublished on December 11, 2013 by Diane Balch
The price was right and it has all the features I wanted. One of the speeds on mine doesn't work. When you change from 2-3, there is no increase in speed, then change to 4 and it... Read morePublished on December 2, 2013 by judyt57
Actually can make a merengue thats the hardes thing.. but has to be on the perfect conditions.not as fadt but is use full for a house kitchen.. Read morePublished on October 23, 2013 by JuiceBox