Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 608 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 646 reviews
on April 25, 2015
Well constructed and strong!!
Additional cutter plates with pusher plates(3/8 in.,1/2 in.) are available through Weston. These along with six and eight section wedge cutter/pusher plates are also available through Tiger Chef.
Remember that 1/2 in. cuts easier than 3/8 in., and 3/8 in. cuts easier than 1/4 in., especially with sweet potatoes. I've heard that steaming, parboiling, microwaving these, than chilling before cutting, helps. I haven't tried these methods, yet, but you might want to check it out.
I highly recommend this product!
on September 22, 2017
If the government knew about this cutter it would be classified as a deadly weapon-it is heavy, solid and works without fail. Buy one. Pick someone to bequeath it to. It will outlast us all. Inordinately pleased. Now staff don't argue over who has to prep!
on June 15, 2016
I had been looking at this fry cutter for a while and finally decided that I didn't want to go another day cutting fries by hand. My family loves eating potatoes anyway we can get them, as long as they are oil free. This cuts the potatoes so that they bake evenly in the oven. Mmmm, oven baked fries!
The suction cup feet adhere nicely to my counter top but it does slide around a bit with the force I use to move the handle to cut the potato. I have only used it once but so far, I love it!
on October 11, 2013
It's not industrial or anything, but it's fairly solid where it needs to be and should last a long time for home use.
I used something very similar at the pizza place I used to work at to "dice" onions and green peppers. Obviously this also works for potatoes.

A note about people having issues chopping- the side screws to into the side rods. If you push the handle in, it can jiggle the front end of the frame forward (you'll be able to tell because the clear rubber washers will be a distance from the frame) so you need to make sure the front frame is flush with the rods and make sure the screws are tight.

The only downside to this is that the handle catches a bit when it's all the way back, if the screws aren't tight enough- but it's a really minor thing. Overall, I found it was built fairly solidly where it needs to be, and it's great for the price.

Also, someone said this thing is huge. I was expecting it to be bigger and I was a *little* disappointing. It works for about a decent fist sized potatoes, and I was able to push an onion through for dicing.

it's a nice little machine for what it's built for and using a large chopstick to clean it works fairly well. Have a stubby screwdriver around to take off the push plate and use a chopstick or a knife to clear out anything on that.

Also, mine came with suction cups.
on October 30, 2011
I am very happy with this purchase. It is very well built. Minimal assembly required. The suction cup feet was included with mine and they work ok. They are probably good enough for occasional use, but if you intend on using it alot and often you might want to consider mounting it because it tends to slide a little bit when you pull the handle. I minimized the sliding by having one hand on a back leg while pulling the handle with the other. I used it to cut up 20 pounds of russet potatoes (skin still on them) and 10 pounds of onions (peeled of course)and it worked great. It does require a little strength to push it through, but no more than I anticipated. I would imagine that most people will not have a problem using it. Initially I was worried about the blades bending and breaking because of other reviews that I have read and they are the weakest part of the machine that receives the most force, but after using it I am not too concerned plus Amazon has a great return policy. I wouldn't say that it is "fun" to use, but I really didn't mind using it at all because it sure beats cutting them up by hand. The worst thing about this (like most things) is cleaning it. It is not hard to do by no means, but I am lazy.
on February 12, 2016
This French Fry Cutter does work very well for peeled potatoes--you don't have to cut off the end or anything. For sweet potatoes, however, we discovered that it was pretty much impossible to get a freshly peeled sweet potato through it with the end cut off or not...until we tried microwaving the sweet potato for a minute to soften it slightly. It takes a few minutes to figure out how to take it apart and put it back together to clean, as well, but definitely doable.
on December 12, 2014
I really like my FF cutter, but make no mistake -- this thing requires some muscle. It's difficult to align the suction cups so all 4 stick to my tile counter at the same time, and don't slide off while I jam the poor potatoes through the cutter.

The result is fabulous -- great uniform 3/8" "fries" which I coat with olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, salt & pepper & then bake at 425 of 450 for about 40 minutes. Baking twice makes them even better. For my family, we like the baked fries as much as good restaurant fries (including the deep-fried ones).

It's a big piece of gear, so make sure you have some storage space if you're buying this for home use. If I had some place to mount it, it would probably work best mounted so you could cut the fries with a downward motion. And be careful -- the first time I used it I slammed it closed on my hand -- OWIE! But -- overall, I'm really happy I bought it.
on January 15, 2016
This works awesome, got the smaller plate for it too. It cranks out a lot of fries in a hurry, for me, complete overkill, I was not prepared for the size and weight of the thing, it's huge! Really good price for this! Thank you for sending the suction cups for free, I now know you definitely want those.
on January 19, 2015
This is a pretty well made fry cutter. The biggest complaint that the whole family has is that you have to be a gorilla to pull down the handle to process the spud through the cutter head. Its like the blades aren't sharp at all. It would be allot better if I could mount it permanently on the wall, but who wants this large thing mounted on the wall. It comes with some nice suction cups for the counter, but since its so hard to pull the handle down it moves around allot.
on March 26, 2013
Early in March I purchased the 1/2" cutter plate. It was a sturdy and easy to fit addition to our Weston French Fry Cutter in addition to the regular 3/8" cutter plate. It works fine to this day, and added some variation to our homemade french fries. Encouraged by this purchase I also ordered a 1/4" cutter plate, although some comments here testified to the fact that this plate might be more difficult to handle. When I received mine, it was an original Weston replacement part and the pusher fitted nicely into the cutter grid.

It is true that you have to exert greater pressure to squeeze the potatoes through the grid, but it is manageable and works fine as long as the cutter has a firm and secure stand. (You may want to fix the cutter to the wall or a board as I did, or try the suction-cup feet, though I do not use them)

All in all the additional cutter plates were another nice addition to our French Fry Cutter, now we are able to satisfy any taste regarding size. Especially the friends of our youngest son marvel at our "French Fry Selection"!

The cutter plates are easy to change, but you do have to have a philips screw driver handy, which is in my view the only drawback. With a screwdriver at hand, you can change the cutters in a minute.

It is also easy to clean, I usually remove the cutter grid and the v-shaped stainless steel base and clean them in the kitchen sink. For the pusher I use a dishwasher brush without dismounting the pusher, cleaning it while the cutter is still disassembled. Then I put everything back together - takes me about 5 minutes.

(Review amended after I purchased the 1/4" cutter plate, May 27th, 2013)