- Hardcover: 920 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 3 edition (January 15, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047129232X
- ISBN-13: 978-0471292326
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 1.9 x 9.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 38 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,242,965 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Wetlands 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"....this is an essential reference...I unhesitatingly recommend it, especially at the remarkably good value price..." (FISH, 2000)
From the Back Cover
Praise for Wetlands, Second Edition
"This book is the wetlands bible . . . the most wide-ranging [book] on the subject."Carl Folke, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (Land Use Policy)
"The single best combination text and reference book on wetland ecology."Joseph S. Larson, University of Massachusetts (Journal of Environmental Quality)
"First on my list of references to recommend to someone new to wetland policy management or science."Jay A. Leitch, North Dakota State University (Water Resources Bulletin)
"The First Edition of Wetlands became the definitive work for educating wetland scientists and managers across the country. . . . The Second Edition . . . is a wonderful improvement . . . and provides a complete guide to wetland science, use, and utilization."P. M. Gale, University of Florida (Journal of Environmental Quality)
The book every wetland professional needs, now completely revised and updated
In many respects, this Third Edition of Wetlands is an entirely new book. While the authoritative coverage of its earlier editions has been retained, an enormous body of new material has been added, and every chapter has been revised to keep pace with rapid growth in scientific knowledge and important innovations in wetland ecology and management. Now in a larger, easier-to-read format, this wetland "bible" offers expanded coverage of everything from the role of crabs in mangrove swamps to the role of wetlands in global climate change. Important features of this new edition include:
- A greater emphasis (and a new chapter) on wetlands of the world
- Expanded coverage of Canadian wetlands
- A new chapter on wetland laws and protection
- Improved, easy-to-read illustrations, many of them covering new material
- New chapters on wetland creation and restoration, and treatment wetlands
- New information and expanded coverage in every chapter
- The latest information on gaseous emissions from wetlands
- Updated theories and classifications of salt marshes, peatlands, forested swamps, and riparian ecosystems
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more
Top customer reviews
If you're interested in Wetlands, this is a great resource.