Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on January 5, 2014
Dana Wright is an excellent event designer, facilitator and graphic recorder, and an equally excellent communicator. And she's been on a burning mission for as long as I've known her: to make meetings, conferences and gatherings be the absolute best they can be. Why should you care about this? Because great meetings deliver great value: to the participants, to the convenors, and to the company or organization as a whole. When everyone in the room is fully engaged ideas come alive, creativity flows, and the whole group moves forward in great, quantum leaps.

What Dana does in this book is to gather the best ideas from seasoned practitioners (including herself!) and organize them into a model that addresses every aspect of a meeting from well before it starts, through the event itself, to the important "after" steps that ensure lasting results. The result is a book that is chock-full of helpful tips, techniques and information, presented in a down-to-earth style that is warm, witty and accessible, yet thoroughly professional.

"We've Got to START Meeting Like This" has become an indispensable resource for me since it landed on my desk, and I've made several clients and colleagues very happy by giving copies to them. I recommend it highly to anyone who ever has to plan a meeting - or who wants to ensure that the meetings they go to are productive, energizing and fun!
on September 18, 2013
I got home last night to find my friend Dana's book: We've Got to START Meeting Like This! in my mailbox. As soon as I opened the package, I was immediately engaged by the fun cover and I decided to put off my bedtime to take a look. Over the next hour and 15 minutes I sped through half the book and I was on page 81 before I finally turned off the light. Along the way, I highlighted, turned down pages and made mental notes to go back and review certain sections.

This is a great book. And I'm not just saying that because I know Dana and was among the first to encourage her to write it. It is well-designed, chock full of great information, and inspiring! There are real-life examples from meetings (good and bad), tons of ideas for how to make meetings and conferences destination events and a lot of things about the brain science behind engaging people that I didn't know.

If you run meetings, conferences or retreats, or you're asked to give input on high-stakes events at your company, I highly recommend that you buy a copy of this book. If you're not the event organizer but you attend a lot of big conferences or meetings, buy this and send it along whoever is organizing them. Even if they adopt only a few of the ideas in here, you will learn more, be more engaged and have more fun at that event.

Dana, my congratulations. You did a terrific job and as a regular event facilitator I know I will be using this book for many years to come.
on October 12, 2013
I was so delighted to be one of the first 100 people to own a copy of the new book,
"We've Got to START Meeting Like This!" Filled with voice of experience and best practices from top Leaders in the Industry including Nancy Duarte, Gail Taylor, Sophia Liang, Anthony Weeks, Julie Stuart and of course, Dana Wright herself. She creates a welcomed environment that inspires you to break out of the "normal" way of meeting. She has filled her book with activities, tools and quotes to use NOW to transform the way you work as an individual or team before, during and after a meeting, conference or an event. The "START Meeting Model" is simply divine!
on May 27, 2014
Dana shares her awesome knowledge "full monty". i've been facilitating strategic planning sessions, corp. retreats for years. reading Dana's book did 3 things for me: 1. confirmed that pre-meeting prep made "the" difference, 2. reinforced my practice of using graphics/drawings at any level of skill works (I often have clients draw images) , 3. gave me step-by-step, complete checklists for per, during and post that i have blended with my own to increase my client's success. Dana gives you context and content. Outstanding resource for anyone seeking to have effective conversations with clients and colleagues.
on November 18, 2014
Having just attended another meeting where there was almost no interaction or designed learning and integration- I appreciate this book even more. Inspired moments of connection, networking and deeper thinking almost always happen when there is a environment and framework that allows the genius in the room to show up. Combining organizational know-how with a deep understanding of engagement is where this book shines. A pictures tells a thousand words...especially if someone is listening and it is designed to spark action...Kudos Dana Wright.
on May 24, 2014
The START Meeting Model alone is worth the price of this book. It's a terrific, visual framework for designing meetings (and training events) that engage participants. I own dozens of facilitation books, and this is the only one with such a useful framework! The book also contains a host of creative, practical tips for implementing each stage of the model, collected from the author's personal experience working with teams as well as many other practicing facilitators and graphic facilitators. I appreciate the accessible tone of the book, which makes it a great gift for meeting designers of all levels.
Dana has elegantly unpacked the best practices for engaging meeting and conference audiences in her user-friendly book. It's a fast-paced treasure trove of novel, easy to implement ideas. What differenciates this must-own book, is that it captures practical advice for new as well as seasoned practitioners. Helpful graphics are included to provide clarification. My book is highlighted, tabbed, notated and I'll be putting these techniques into action immediately! Dana, thanks for sharing your passion!
on February 16, 2014
As an experienced facilitator, it's refreshing and exciting to find a book with so many fresh ideas and insights for our work! Dana's style is accessible, honest, practical, and passionate, making the book easy to read cover to cover and/or easy to pick up for actionable tips anytime. Thank you for taking the time to write this book, Dana! Looking forward to engaging with We've Got to START Meeting Like This! for years to come!
on August 20, 2014
I so enjoyed the book that I immediately ordered copies for all of my Team members. My book is marked up and I find myself sharing ideas from the book regularly. We are hosting several Symposiums and have already incorporated learnings from the book into our planning process.
on September 14, 2013
It is all about the power of visual communication and Dana Wright provides clear, concise, clever methods of making the most of your Meetings! A visual book which illustrates the effect of visuals! How about that!!! Attractive layout, easy to use!!! Bravo!!