Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 232 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 261 reviews
on December 9, 2013
Its disguised as a diet book, but in reality its a book about self "fufillment". Like I'm sure so many people in the world do, when they get stressed, they turn to food.

This book opened my eyes to the habits that probably 90% of people do. Instead of eating to fufill a need, because we're bored, angry, tired, or depressed, Deepak tells you to take a step back, take a deep breath and do some soul searching "what do I really want with my life?" .

Don't get me wrong there's plenty of diet advice.... Deepak gets you to be aware of what you eat, and that you're allowed to eat crappy food every once in a while. Cold turkey NEVER works when dieting, it only leads to crash and burn.

Overall amazing book and made me buy some of his other work.
on October 4, 2015
What do sleep, happiness and mindful eating have in common? Dr. Copra's Solution to Permanent Weight Loss ties the mind, body and soul together as a solution to hormonal imbalances which cause weight gain. Willing to jump in, take a deep breath, get some rest and rate my level of hunger as I eat.
on November 15, 2013
A book that isn't like the myriad of diet books & workout videos out there! Instantly, you loose the guilt and complexity of diet failures! There's lots of love in this book that's easily transferred to the reader to achieve greater understanding & love for our own spirit/soul & bodies. There is no favorite chapter in this book because each one opens a door of ah-ha moments that fit perfectly with everyday scenarios. I read the book in 2 days....couldn't put it down....didn't WANT to put it down! Permission to EMBRACE who I am...where I am AT THIS MOMENT! The ENLIGHTENMENT & PURITY introduced with simple explanations & visualizations take away the need for exhausting medical & soul searches about "what's happening to my body?" I GOT THE MESSAGE THIS TIME & it's a message that easy to apply with a DAILY awareness that I enjoy. Here's to a new healthy life that makes me happier than I could ever imagine....ps: When I made CONSCIOUS decisions about what no longer works with my new lifestyle, I had even more enjoyment by packing brown bag lunches and finding those that were homeless to distribute the much wanted food that no longer worked with my own awarenesses. Thank you Deepak Chopra!!!
11 comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2014
This book is great! He approaches weight loss from a wonderful perspective and it has helped me a lot. I've lost 60 lbs in 7 months and have 28 more lbs to go. At age 58, this has been a struggle, so I'm hoping his inspiration helps me lose these last 28 lbs.
on May 1, 2015
A very very helpful guide. This book offers knowledge that can restore or create a healthy relationship with food. I did not realize how many guilt feeling can be attached to eating until I read this book. Free your mind and just enjoy the gift and beauty of food! I LOVE DEEPAK!
on October 22, 2015
Thoughts about weight loss, dieting, which are the focus of the first part of the book are very good. His eating plan is highly restrictive, rather unworkable...disappointing.
on March 6, 2014
Once again Deepak Chopra shows us how to manage our health and come back to what's important.
Just the title alone is helpful. When I am feeling stressed, or lonely, or thirsty, or worried, it's easy to turn to food for comfort and distraction. When I ask myself, "What am I hungry for?" I have an opportunity to understand my feelings and discover what I need. His book offers a wonderful combination or science, medicine, mindfulness, and yummy recipes for good health. Try his simple technique of S-T-O-P: Stop what you are doing, Take a minute breathing break, Observe the bodily sensation of hunger, and Proceed with awareness.
Thank you Deepak for your dedication to health and well-being.
Rona Renner, RN
Author of "Is That Me Yelling?"
on April 17, 2017
good read
on March 16, 2017
A great book for anyone who wants to eat for better health without stringent dieting yet enjoying your foods.
on March 1, 2016
A great read.. Not a typical " fad diet" book
Breaks down eating habits in their most logical sense.. " colors of the rainbow"...six tastes of light..Bear in mind it's Deepak Chopra