Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 60 reviews
on August 16, 2017
This is a wonderful book. Light read.
The list on conversation lifeboats is amazing.
A look at the ordinary world in a fresh new perspective and way.
Short affirmations and lots of common sense.
Very comfortable read.
Cleaver way of telling life experiences.
Hilarious and warm little essays.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND
on August 31, 2017
I read then re read these stories. They brighten my world. Are children today regarding their parents the way they did in the story Orange? What reply would you get or give to the question "Where are we?"
These and other encounters are the ones I wish I had. I'm so pleased Fulghum shared them by writing this book!
on April 18, 2013
I've read most of what Robert Fulghum has written and enjoyed most of it immensely--this book was no exception. Like many of his prior works, this book is a loosely knit set of vignettes that show humanity as human, fallible, and funny, whether in Crete or Utah, alone or in the company of many. Fulghum is clear that his task is not to change the world and not to be the light that pushes away the darkness of evil. His task is to reflect the light, not just on the shadows showing them not so threatening, rather on the joy that we all experience, if we look.
on March 6, 2016
Robert Fulghum writes from a unique perspective about life, about people, about relationships, about silliness, and substance. His books may appear to be light reading, which is part of their charm. But behind every story, every observations, and every memory is truth. I don't know that I agree with everything Fulghum says; however, he makes me ponder - and that's a good thing!
on December 10, 2014
Robert Fulghum is always good. In fact better than good just great. The book was in very good condition and the and the price and service were good.
on November 13, 2013
As usual for Fulgham, the book is a collection of vignettes of his life experiences. The first half, on the whole, is unremarkable and uninspiring (two stars), but the second half, beginning with the delightful stories about Fulgham’s adventures while living in Crete, is, on the whole, captivating, incisive, and very enjoyable (five stars). Fulgham finishes the book with a crescendo in his response to a challenge by a colleague to his choice of subject matter.
on May 2, 2017
Simple easy read with many thought provoking passages. Love the style and short stories that permit time to think. Thank you Robert.
on October 30, 2015
Laugh-out-loud funny. I was reading it on an airplane, and having such a hard time supressing the giggling, my seat-neighbors asked what I was reading! I love his observations, how he writes. I would love to have a glass of wine with this man!!
on April 11, 2014
I checked this book out from the library a long time ago. Being a fan of Robert Fulghum's other books, I knew I was in for something good. I highly enjoyed this book, and it is my favorite out of all of his books. I loved it so much, that I went and bought it. I highly recommend this book to anyone who's enjoys laughter, tears, insights, and a fabulous read.
on October 14, 2015
I'm a Fulghum fan. All his books are thoughtful, original, and full of observations which stretch my understanding at least a little, and sometimes a lot. This one is no exception, though I have enjoyed others more.