Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
What to Expect When You're Expecting: Fourth Edition Hardcover – April 25, 2008
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
From the Back Cover
Expect the best! A brand-new fourth edition—filled with the most up-to-date, accurate, and relevant information on all things pregnancy. Realistic, supportive, easy to access, and overflowing with practical tips, covering everything you'll need—and want—to know about life's most amazing journey, from preconception planning to birth to those first miraculous weeks with a new baby. It's all here: the lowdown on lifestyle trends and life in the workplace; the latest in prenatal testing and alternative therapies; the best in birthing options.
Comforting answers to hundreds of questions:
• I'm so queasy I can't even eat for one. How can I eat for two?
• Can I get highlights in my hair? How about my monthly wax?
• I'm only in my second month—why am I showing already?
• Can I stick to my normal workout routine while I’m expecting?
• Why is my skin broken out and blotchy? And how can I cover it?
• What's safe when it comes to sex?
• I think I felt the baby kicking—but I’m not sure. How do I tell?
• Will my body ever be the same after I deliver?
About the Author
Heidi Murkoff is the author of the What to Expect® series of pregnancy and parenting books with over 38 million copies in print. She is also the creator of WhatToExpect.com and the WhatToExpect app, which reach over 18 million expecting and new parents, and the What to Expect Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping at-risk moms around the world expect healthier pregnancies, safer deliveries, and healthy, happy babies.
- Item Weight : 2.14 pounds
- Hardcover : 656 pages
- ISBN-10 : 076115079X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0761150794
- Product Dimensions : 6.31 x 1.44 x 9.31 inches
- Publisher : Workman Publishing Company; 4th Edition (April 25, 2008)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #202,952 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
I found some of the sections on 'what to expect' at the midwife appointments a bit inaccurate - but this may vary in different areas of the country.
I liked the question and answer sections about various symptoms and found this the most useful. I also appreciated the fact that the author does not shy away from talking about sex or other more sensitive topics. It is a frank look at pregnancy and remains positive whilst not being over-emotional/gushy or rose-tinted. I would recommend this book to other first time Mum's like myself.