Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 15, 2013
Decent book. I've been in sales since the age of 16. At the beginning, I completely bought into the concept of relationship selling because that's what I've always done. It was great seeing/learning that being non-"salesy" is exactly what sells more than a traditional salesperson.

However, about halfway through the book, I realized the authors wrote this book to justify to their current clients that they were wrong about their previous sales training methods. This book is there way of saying, "Hey, we were wrong, but look at all this research we did. Now, we know we're right and we want you to pay for all your sales people to go through new training with us again."

All in all - a great book for those afraid of being salespeople (we are all salespeople in some way) and a great book to get your mind away from the traditional fact-regurgitation sales pitch.
on January 17, 2012
There are people who take the thoughts of others and polish them up and sell to others and make a living at it. Then there are others who are able to see what is missing and rush to fill it and take the rest of us on their shoulders to greater heights. The authors are clearly in the second group. Mike and Ben take a subject that has been dissected, analyzed, assessed, observed, commented on, critiqued, etc. ad nauseum (by them as well as others)- and absolutely uncover truths and insights that elude most of us. Having had the experience of collecting a library of books, articles, websites, speaker notes and the like - I was confident that there was nothing "new under the sun" when it came to selling skills and training on selling. Alas, I was mistaken (though no longer!).

This book takes insights, findings, research, and skills used by other disciplines and applies it to the fields of selling and buying in an innovative way - but never talks "down" to the reader and does not aim too high so that it no longer is an easy read. Written in a very accessible and conversational way, this is one book that I have already highlighted, dog-eared, and purchased for others to read. My excitement at having Mike and Ben open my eyes so that I could see what has always been before me is immense.

I highly endorse this book and would recommend it for any and every executive, sales professional, or student looking to enter sales.
on December 17, 2013
When Michael Bosworth worked at Xerox, so did I. We were both trained with program called PSS, which stood for Professional Selling Skills. The course was based on study which was designed to determine why 20. percent of the sale force created 80 percent of the revenue. I believe, forty years later we are still trying to solve that problem.
During those 40 years Michael has written 3 books and taught countless course in an effort to provide a selling methodology and techniques that is in step with the way people prefer to buy. His latest "the Science of Selling Through Emotional Connection.... ," is excellent, innovative, and timely. He provides two creative pathways to understanding why we are feeling creatures before we are thinking creatures, specifically neuroscience, and storytelling and tending. The book is both insightful and practical and I sincerely hope you'll find as much value in reading book and applying the technics
on March 24, 2017
I am forced to read this book for my graduate class. But I really enjoy the book when I read further more. It has totally opened my eyes about how important storytelling is in different fields but not only sales. This is a great book if you want to improve your talking skill....
on October 9, 2012
After many years working as a salesman and after attending many sales training courses throughout those years What Great Salespeople Do: The Science of Selling Through Emotional Connection and the Power of Story is a thought provoking analysis of the essential missing ingredient to being a more successful sales person. Mike Bosworth and Ben Zoldan are genuinely interested in improving the effectiveness of people engaged in the sales process. Many previous sales related books describe the sales process from various angles including perceived changes to the sales process over the years due to changing markets or changing technologies. These sales books all omit how to connect with the audience, prospect or client. Mike and Ben provide a compelling explanation of how story telling is our normal non threatening way to communicate with each other. Great read. Essential reading for all people interested in sales.
on February 22, 2012
In my 10+ years of selling, I have worked hard to hone the more obvious skills in selling to improve my performance: presentation skills, asking thoughtful questions, active listening, language, etc. In this book, I got access to an important and (previously) hard to quantify skill, which is the skill of using storytelling in the sales process. I enjoyed how the authors of the book broke down storytelling in a sales context to very practical, easy to understand steps that I could follow. They provide a practical structure for creating and telling a story that helps move the prospect to the next step in the sales process. I am using their process in my sales opportunities and have seen quite amazing results: more sales. I highly recommend this book for any salesperson who is seriously looking to evolve their approach and their craft to the next level.
on April 15, 2017
Well written but not as instructive for selling services rather than products. More examples in that realm would be good.
on November 15, 2016
Great book! I completely agree with the philosophy of story telling. It's so powerful. This book helped me with my writing and how to be conscious of how I sell and market myself. I highly recommend this book to anyone in selling, marketing, writing, and blogging. Thanks!
on April 8, 2015
I found this book to have some great insight into using stories more powerfully in your sales process. This approach is great for anyone who wants to come off as someone who actually cares about people rather than just wants to sell them something.
on August 26, 2014
The art of communication is in the art of story telling. This "how to" lesson on effective selling gets at the core of why the most productive sales people are also the best story tellers. The goal isn't to sell more; the goal is to get more people to buy.