Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 236 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 332 reviews
on June 22, 2014
Who hasn't heard the phrase "What happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas"? Well, this film doesn't stick quite to that phrase despite its title being the first half of it. It brings what happens in Vegas to New York. Meeting thanks to a hotel screw-up, Joy McNally, played by Cameron Diaz, Jack Fuller, played by Ashton Kutcher, Toni "Tipper" Saxson, played by Lake Bell, and Jeffrey "Hater" Lewis, played by Rob Corddry, meet up and decide to have some fun together. Within the drunken debauchery, Joy and Jack, the film's main characters, end up married and regret it during their "hangovers" the next morning. In an attempt to get an amicable divorce, they wind up fighting over a three million jackpot Jack won with a quarter Joy gave him. A judge back in New York, played by Dennis Miller, decides that, before he will consider the idea of a divorce and the splitting of the "marital assets", the couple has to try to make their marriage work, with a marriage counselor, played by Queen Latifah. From there, hijinks ensue as each tries to outdo the other, along with their totally biased friends, "Tipper" and "Hater", so they can keep the full jackpot. Okay, legal inaccuracies aside, and this film has more of those than an episode of Law and Order, this was pretty good. All the characters were well cast and quite funny, though I'd have liked to see more of Lake Bell as she was my favorite...how'd her character get the nickname "Tipper" anyway? I think the actors were actually drunk for some of the wild Vegas scenes and I do wish the crew had gotten shots of the real-life hangovers the next day. Overall, the premise is amusing (surely it's happened in real life at one of those Vegas wedding chapels), the jokes are never overdone and the film instead lets the situation bring out the funny as a good comedy should. Despite me not being a big fan of either lead and knowing even less about them, I thought they were worth watching. And I was pleasantly surprised to see Dennis Farina in this film. I didn't know he did comedy...he did pretty well here. I'll just end things now by stamping my positive recommendations onto the film. Enjoy.
on June 23, 2017
This is such a cute movie that I will probably buy it. I love the two main characters; Cameron & Ashton. As a rule, if I don't care for the main characters I won't love the movie. This one is cute and funny - a great Rom-Com! Never boring, shows both sides of the dilemma.
VINE VOICEon May 29, 2015
This is a pretty cute movie. Although the premise is implausible--two people getting drunk, getting married in Vegas while drunk, then awakening to find they don't like each other, and THEN one of them suddenly wins $3,000,000 on the slot machines with the other one's quarter. When they try to get a divorce and split up the money, the judge sentences them to stay married for awhile first. And of course, as with all romantic comedies, there is a happy ending eventually, but in the meantime there is a lot of spiteful joke-playing and some great lines. All in all, it was fun. Not sure I would watch it twice, hence the 4 stars, but it has enough laughs to make it worth the view.
on July 18, 2017
This is one of my girlfriends' and my favorite girl's night movies. It's a classic rom-com. Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher have both played very similar characters before. It's the perfect movie to open a bottle of wine, casually watch a movie, and talk with friends.
on May 3, 2017
Cute movie, great actors, product arrived on time in excellent condition.
on July 13, 2017
I love watching movies with Cameron Diaz in them. She is witty and beautiful. I have a DVD collection with her in it. Now I can add this one to it.
I've seen this movie twice now and was disappointed both times.
on April 27, 2017
An excellent movie, very funny, I highly recommend it
on April 5, 2017
Vegas craziness and Vegas fun and adventure
on March 29, 2017