Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

What If We Were Real
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 14, 2011
This young lady has got some amazing vocal chops! In this, her most recent album to date, Mandisa takes it up a notch. What separates Mandisa from most other pop/R&B vocalists of today is her musicianship. She doesn't indulge in long, meaningless vocal vamp runs designed to show off one's ability to perform vocal gymnastics (see: Beyonce, et. al.). She hits her notes with both power and grace, but most of all, her vocal phrasing seems flawless. I can almost guarantee that her voice will give you goosebumps at some point in this album.

The songwriting and lyrics are also head and shoulders above the competition. Her songs are very real, vulnerable, practical, and encouraging. When was the last time you heard a song mention one's hatred for sit-ups, then turn that around and proclaim that nonetheless we can celebrate our difficult days? First track to last, this album is fun to listen to, musically current, excellently produced, and inspirational. If you've been a fan of Mandisa so far, this album will be a sure-fire hit for you. If you've yet to check out her work, this would be a highly recommended place to start.

Grade: A = Highly recommended.
on December 23, 2012
Once again Mandisa puts together an extraordinary album with spirit-lifting messages based upon Scripture...The album starts off HURTLING with the hyper-encouraging"Stronger"which conveys that God is indeed purging/"making"us through the"HOT"/trying times which beset us,in the same maner in which fire is used as a"tool"to TEMPER steel!! I listen to this(loudly)at least seven times everyday to remind me that the"heat"of my trying situations is actually/only a HELP to me!! "What If We Were Real"touches on the idea of us unashamedly dropping that "invulnerable"stoic facade many wear to appear so very confident/"strong"and nonchalant during fiery trials,and to simply acknowledge that long trials DO hurt/take an emotional toll on us..The hyper-astonishing"Just Cry"continues with the issue of shamelessly displaying ones hurt during a lengthy,fiery spiritual trial as it is Gods' central,intentional PURPOSE to bring us to tears,on our knees/"break"us of our indepedent nature,during our"test-runs on His spiritual"proving-grounds"so that we'll come to depend SOLELY upon Him to supply our every need!!While the saint who is on the OUTside looking IN,may become judgemental and interpret anothers tears as merely"shameful self-pity" So He actually "expects"us TO cry as a result of this,just as Mandisa conveys with:"You gotta know God can handle your"honesty";so FEEL the things you're feeling..name your fears and doubts.." Mandisa then EMPHATICALLY(and very truthfully declares:"It doesn't MEAN you don't TRUST Him;it DOESN'T mean you DON'T believe;it DOESN'T mean you don't KNOW He's redeeming EVERYthing!!" This portion of the song is SO very INTENSE that I feel out-of-breath/emotionally"spent"by songs' end!! "These Days"is an EXCELLENT concept that we can actually"learn"to"like"/appreciate the"valley-experience"with its character-building potential WHILE we're going through it,FOR the heat-tested purity it will bring OUT of us!! This is admitedly a hard attitude to attain,but AFTER its' job is done,we WILL one day look BACK and appreciate"those days"for the spiritual perfection they worked in us!! "The Truth About Me"is a beautiful ballad which touches on how a lot of believers fail to understand exactly WHAT took place in/with them when they accepted His gift of redemption!! The average saint believes themselves NOT as a totally NEW creation,but merely as a"rebuilt"SINNER!! So here Mandisa muses on what an astonishing change of perspective the believer would attain,IF they were cognizant of...the TRUTH about themselves!! "Say Goodbye"is completely VICTORIOUS in its'asessment that Blood-bought believers can bid a FINAL,irrevocable"FAREWELL"to the wicked conduct and wrong thinking of the person they WERE before Christ saved them.."Free"explores the pith of what becoming a Child of the Most High God essentially means,as it declares the believer actually being impowered/enabled to RESIST/successfully defy the tremendous"pull"of Sin,as a result of King Jesus setting them FREE from the very desire to partake in sinful conduct!! makes a good point as she says:I tried and tried and tried,to make this mountain"step aside"or try to climb it on MY own..THEY say:"I'll never make it",they say:"YOU can never change it"(which is actually TRUE,since it takes Christs' power to SHATTER our fetters of sin)"what you ARE is what you'll ALWAYS be!!" Sad but true because withOUT turning ones life over to Him,the Enemy has one a helpless SLAVE to sin!! A powerful(and Scriptually accurate)line of this song repeats:"Who the Son SETS free;you'd BEST believe is free INDEED!!" "Lifeline"is a beautiful ballad recognizing exactly WHAT He is to the believer who is expriencing a momentuous struggle to surive through the emotional neutercanes which life sends their way...
on April 28, 2011
If you do not know the difference between being "Religious" and "Spiritual" this review probably will mean little to you; as you can be religious about anything, however, true spiritually depends upon a relationship. If you are looking for food to nourish your soul, look no further than Mandisa's album, "What If It Were Real". You will be hard pressed to hear more edifying sermons that will bless the soul than what is presented within the messages of the powerfully anointed and uplifting (both in lyrics and performance) songs found within "What If It Were Real".

Far too many churches teach of a vengeful God: one just waiting to meat out punishment (a "Whack-a-Sinner God - similar to the arcade game "Whack-a-Mole"). Our enemy, the father of lies, deceives so many into believing that they are alone and unworthy of Yahweh's (God's) love, mercy, provision and power. However, My Father is seeking His precious and beloved lost children in order to restore them to His Family and Kingdom.

I highly recommend the purchase of not one, but at least two of these albums so you may have one on hand and one to share with those you find in need.

May Yahweh abundantly and continuly bless Mandiesa and the writers of these powerful and anointed songs, not only in her/their amazing talant, but also for her/their steadfast conviction and dedication to providing substance over "fluff" for the encouragement the Body of Christ.
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 5, 2014
This CD is SOOO AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!! My best friend gave it to me for Christmas and trust me, it trumped all other gifts that I recieved hands down!! Every single track is going to bless your spirit and keep you rockin!! Sooo relatable and full of real life emotions. If I could, I'd bless every female, young and old with this one. I already brought six more to bless other friends and family and have about another six more to purchase. This CD is truly one of my favorite things. Mandisa definetly delivers from start to finish. AMEN!!!
on March 28, 2017
It was a Christmas gift for my son and he loves it so my review is based on his liking the stocking stuffer Christmas gift.
on October 9, 2014
I initially got this for myself after a Mandisa concert and fell in love with it. I ended up getting two of the albums here at Amazon to give to friends who are currently going through very difficult times...one is in the middle of a divorce and the other is battling cancer. The overall message of the album addresses tackling adversity and making the best of what life throws at you. I would recommend this album to anyone who needs a positive boost.
on December 11, 2013
I love Mandisa's voice, style, and spirit. A co-worker sent me her Good Morning song, which was my first exposure to her. I purchased this album and was not disappointed. Her lyrics are wonderful and I can really relate to all of them. I never got the chance to see her on American Idol, so I went to YouTube to watch her. Simon was his typical crass self, but he was impressed. So was I.
on January 22, 2016
She could sing the alphabet as they used to say--this album was full of classic sounding black type spirituals--there wasn't a clinker in the bunch and I'm not a religious person---Wonderful sound --Mandisa is great
on December 25, 2011
What If We Were Real [+Digital Booklet]Awesome, powerful, moving, great beats and terrific audio engineering make this a must have album for the discriminating Christian music audiophile. Mandisa has a powerful voice and style that commands all her performances. There is not one bad song on this entire album. "What if we were real," is as real as it gets. A must have.
on February 6, 2018
An album to enjoy am, pm and in between !