Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.99

Showing 1-10 of 77 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on December 18, 2012
Ashes Remain recently popped up as an Amazon Recommendation after a recent Christian Rock purchase. I've been away from Contemporary Christian music for the last 5 years -- so, I'm not really in the know of 'Who's Who' in this particular genre. But, I do know what I like - and "What I've Become" was an album I wanted to immediately purchase. Yes, they are rocky; but, much more than having a driving beat -- their music is lyrically complex. An example of this comes from the song, End of Me, that says "Black and white melt into gray, 'til every truth is stripped away, when nothing's wrong, nothing's okay, everyone has been betrayed!"

This album is refreshingly different than other 'artists' out there with all-fluff-no-substance lyrics. In my opinion, the lyrics shows a depth in doctrinal understanding of contemporary teachings of the Christian faith. Warning: Listening to this album with headsets on in the middle of Cubical City at work, may cause one to unconsciously head bang, fist pump, and sing out loud -- resulting in strange looks from coworkers as they pass by....(of course, I wouldn't know anything about that -really). :-)
on March 5, 2012
I was shopping for CD's on amazon not long ago when they had a good number of contemporary Christian CD's on sale for only $5. I had heard of this band because they played at Ichthus but wasn't familiar with their music. I listened to Ashes Remain's music clips and liked what I heard so I bought the CD. I was sooo glad I did after I listened to the whole thing. I bought CD's of 7 other well known groups that night and this one is my favorite. The music is rich and full with plenty of bass. The electric guitarist is awesome. Lead vocals are great with words enunciated so you can understand them. Each song has a good Christian message. This is not 'screamo' music. It's good solid Christian hard rock, just edgy enough to not be boring. Great melodies with a fantastic blend of instruments. This group is bound to hit the big time before long, and they deserve it. If you like Skillet, Red, and Kutless, you will love this CD!
on September 7, 2012
This was my first CD purchase in a long time, and boy, did I get lucky! I listen to Christian radio, but don't get enough of the rock style that way. I looked at some reviews of Christian rock albums online, at found this one. I took a chance, and ordered it without knowing any of the songs, except "Everything Good", which gets radio play on my station.

The lyrics are relavent, the playing is superb, and the vocals rich and strong. I like hearing songs about some of the hard parts about life and our walk with Christ. I love praise songs too, but that's not all I need. It's good to hear other folks feel knocked down and broken too, now and then.

I give it 5 stars, no doubt.
on December 9, 2012
Amazon recommended this after I recently purchased the latest TFK album. If you love TFK, you will not be disappointed by "What I've Become". The songs vary in style, with some being loud, some being even louder, then some on the softer side. I'd rate every song at 5 stars. The quality (vocals + instruments) on the album is great. The songs are well thought-out and fit together. There has been a several year gap between albums. My advice to Ashes Remain - get into the studio more often so the albums come out more frequently. My advice to you - if you do not have this album, buy it, you are missing out on some great music!
VINE VOICEon December 22, 2012
This is one of the absolute best albums I have heard in a long time. There is not a single song on the album I do not like. The album presents with very solid lyrics that is grounded in the Word. The musical talent, including both the lead vocals and that of the band, are unmatchable in talent! I look forward to their next full album. (Please hurry Ashes Remain. ;o) ) I do recommend their Christmas EP as well. I love the original Christmas music on that album. If you like Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Kutless or 12 Stones, you will love Ashes Remain!!!
on November 25, 2012
I haven't heard the likes of this group EVER in Christian Rock. This is the first band I have heard with a lead guitarist that has the abilities of the secular guitarists. The lead guitarist can WAIL. I mean no joke. The slow songs are great. The rock tracks are great. There is not ONE weak song on this album. Every single song is amazing. BUY THIS ALBUM as soon as you can. Don't let your ears miss out on this one. WOW.

I can't stop listening to this disc.
on January 15, 2012
We live in a day where Christan rock albums are numerous and it's hard to know which band is good. This band is one of the good ones. There is a depth in the lyrics mixed with solid rock riffs which create great songs! Sometimes for me it's helpful to hear a band described in terms of other bands. When I listen to Ashes Remain I'm reminded of Kutless by the vocals and Decyfer Down (their first album) by the music. Great band to check out. And right now the album's only $5!
on February 9, 2013
This is the best CD I've ever purchased! I have listened to a lot of Christian music that was good quality and had good lyrics, but this album blew me away. The songs have really connected with me and helped me to worship God. I gave this CD to a friend, and he had great things to say about it as well! I keep an extra copy of it to give away to friends that I think will benefit from it!
on January 1, 2014
This is a great CD! I'm not a fan of hard rock and this CD contains some, but the overall sound and message are very good and unique. There is a nice variety in the music. Ashes Remain really hit the nail on the head with this CD. Most people that heard this CD don't even know that Ashes Remain has a few other albums. This is by far the best one yet.
on January 22, 2016
I love this band.Would recommend them.