Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 25, 2015
No, seriously, WTF just happened? I and my fiancée were expecting a comedy.
Bobby, did you do this on purpose? Get your loyal fans expecting, at the very least, a *decent* movie with a knockout cast and then lob a flaming pile of dog crap through the screen at them? If so, this is god-tier trolling, bravo, srs.
100% srs.
Speaking of dogs, that was the funniest part of the movie and was the "hook" that kept us watching.
on September 23, 2012
This is a great movie showing the inside of the corrupt and really crazy world of Hollywood. Only De Niro could have made this movie. Nobody can touch him.

The movie follows a producer (Ben) during two weeks before the Cannes festival (we definitely need to pay attention what the Europeans say, because they are more ...distinguished and they definitely have more class than the poor slobs of Americans). He is really on the run and his families (yes he has more than one) are falling apart. He is trying to change the end of a movie that at first doesn't appear to connect with the audience selected to prescreen the movie (reminds me the worthless focus groups that the candidates are using during the elections). All these people participating in the focus groups that supposedly represent the average Joe are selected according to the same (Hollywood) criteria. Therefore they NEVER represent the average Joe. Because it is all about the money!

After seeing this movie I understand why movies like "October Baby", "Touchback", and the soon to come out "Last Ounce of Courage" among others, can only be purchased from WalMart and they are nowhere to be found on Amazon or on Best Buy. When you have a drug addict, degenerate director that insists that blowing the head of a dog is art, then you understand why these people have really short life span and they have to be medicated. Usually, what most directors of Hollywood regard as art and deep philosophy in their movie is usually pure garbage with the exception of few (i.e. Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, Clint Eastwood, Francis Ford-Coppola, and Martin Scorsese among others). Because it is all about the money!

Then there is Bruce Willis and his beard as a side story. That is a great satire of the divas in Hollywood that have temper tantrums (Lohan, Hilton etc). Great parody. The scene when everybody waits for him and we see him sideways in the trailer is fantastic. Because it is all about the money!

And finally, there is the therapist. In the movie they appear exactly like they are in real life...totally worthless! Because it is all about the money!

Make sure you watch the extras; there is more to the movie in the extras. Even Kristen Stewart looks good in this movie because ...she is playing herself.

Don't listen to the naysayers. Five stars all the way because of the cast and because it is REAL folks. I guess people who don't like the movie don't like what they see in the mirror. The truth hurts.
on April 25, 2015
An insider's guide to Hollywood with quite a few laughs directed by the guy who did Men In Black and many other top notch crew. Film follows harried, downward-spiring producer managing a dissolving marriage, two of his productions in crisis (Bruce Willis plays a raging lunatic of a star who won't shave his beard and doesn't need to) and his director who insists on killing -- wait, you better see this one to get the answer to that. Such a clever film, made with many inside jokes and situations should be 4 stars but that's like, next to Ben-Hur or Tora Tora Tora which it is not. May not for everyone but if you like Hollywood movies you'll surely enjoy at least a single viewing -- that is, I will wait to read how you rate the ending.
on September 15, 2015
I found myself very interested in this movie, all the way through. There are a lot of great actors I really enjoy in it. I think it has a good story to tell about how things really happen in the industry. At least I think so. I was going to give it 5 stars but the very thing it was saying happens in the industry happened to me as the viewer, and I could not give it more. Perhaps if I was more honest, I would give it a 5 because it really is clever in that it really did take me through the point it is making emotionally in a way that i fell for it.
on July 18, 2015
I wish I had trusted the other reviews. I want those two hours of my life back. This movie was a complete waste of time. There were a handful of good moments in a horrible slice-of-life-of-a-business way, but all in all the entertainment factor of this movie was so low that I could probably have spent a more entertaining 2h by sitting outside on the sidewalk and watching the wind move the grass.
on April 3, 2015
I love Robert DeNiro but I didn't like this movie. First of all it was under the comedy genre and there was nothing really funny about it. I didn't get the whole Bruce Willis role and frankly I lost complete interest at the end. No drama. No action. No comedy. What the heck was this movie about? Good title though because you'll be asking yourself exactly that lol What just happened? Lol
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 24, 2014
This movie was particularly relevant for me, but anyone who doesn't have a connection to "the industry" might not find it as engaging. I don't know. I am not particularly partial to De Niro (he's fine, I'm just not gaga about him as some are) but I think this is a fine performance from him; moreso than he gets credit for. If you want to look beneath the veneer of Hollywood for a realistic portrayal, watch this film.
on May 11, 2016
Excellent comedic satire on the movie business with De Niro playing a harried producer dealing with out-of-control talent, including Bruce Willis, who must have had fun playing himself as the ultimate movie prima donna. Fun.
on March 31, 2015
"What Just Happened" indeed. I'd also prefer "What the Hell Did I Just Watch" and "Why the Hell Did I Watch That."
I can't even be sure why this was written in the first place; I am still having a hard time trying to figure out a plot to this <thing>.
on September 16, 2015
Couldn't get past the first several minutes, so don't know if it ended up being any good. It was already dragging on...