Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on September 10, 2013
The letters in this book are redundant, the situations in each letter are very specific and hard to relate. Many were very superficial topics. I had a really hard time getting through this book because it got kind of repetitive and boring.
on September 13, 2014
Although i was already somewhat unsure with the idea behind this book, I picked it up because I was intrigued. However, I found that overall did not work at all for me. The little bio that goes with each letter is bigger and sometimes more informative than the letters themselves. The letters were for me in general quite boring, very short and not developed enough to bring any point forward.
on June 24, 2017
Wonderful read! The only thing I wish was that it wasn't only women.
on June 11, 2013
"What I know now" was a relatively short book that offers universal advice to all women. While the idea behind the book was admirable, I personally found the letters redundant in their content and meaning. Also, I just did not find myself drawn to Ellyn' s writing style.

Other than Vanna White and Shannon Miller's letters, I honestly would not recommend this book.
on September 15, 2017
Slow, not very in depth. Some interesting things but I lost interest.
on August 30, 2017
Good read. Motivational.
on December 13, 2012
I read a chapter a night before bed. I enjoyed the tid-bites of insight and advise given by various women. Some letters made me think, others I could relate to from either a past experience or a current one. It also makes you feel connected to the women who shared their advise and life stories with you! I enjoyed this book!
on July 14, 2013
I have read books before in which it is a compilation of other people's stories, and I didn't like the way this one was laid out. I would have liked that the intro to each letter be writtenby the person writing the letter. If not, then maybe a longer story? I felt myself wishing this book hadn't been so quick and simple to read.
on August 23, 2016
My go to gift to accompany a money gift for young ladies graduating high school!
on December 8, 2013
I am disappointed. I was looking forward to letters from incredible women, but the bulk of the book is comprised of the authors not "insights" followed by relatively short letters.