Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 142 reviews
on November 27, 2016
Bought this together with "Rainbow in my Room" light. We turned on the light and read the book together (for a 5 year old). The book starts with opening the page to see a red ribbon being pulled from what looks like the inside of page 2, through page 1. Second page, the red ribbon is already present, and now looks like the orange ribbon is being pulled from page 3, through page 2... etc with all the other colors. The very last page is a pop up of a rainbow, letting the child know that rain & sun are what cause rainbows. When she is older, we can discuss the refraction of light with a prism :)
on April 7, 2017
I purchased this book for a gift but it was so adorable it's my new go to of baby books to give! I absolutely loved how each page has a color and the last page completes the rainbow!

Great educational story!
on September 18, 2015
Several months ago, my granddaughter asked me how to drawn a rainbow on her chalkboard. She couldn't remember the order of the colors, and, quite frankly, neither could I without really thinking about it. I wondered what I could do to help her out. The answer came in the Hanna Andersson children's clothing catalog. The featured 7 year old model was asked to name her favorite book which was "What Makes a Rainbow" so I ordered it right away from Amazon. We gave it as a present for my granddaughter's 5th birthday. She got out her crayons and paper and I showed her that just by turning each page in order she could copy the colors in the correct order, which she did. It was very satisfying for both of us! This book is very cleverly done; the ribbons so pretty! Thank you.
on June 17, 2017
 This book is so adorable! After reading it to my 3 year old, she wanted to read it to me. The ribbons inside make it fun for them to understand. Love it!
on April 18, 2017
Beautiful book! I ordered it because we are going to be studying rainbows. The book is delightful, fun, and perfect for my two year old!
on August 23, 2013
I purchased this book to go along with the "rainbow" theme of my daughter's second birthday party. This served as the guest book. Everyone signed it with a short message for her. My daughter loves the colorful ribbons and pretty illustrations, and often chooses this book for me to read to her. I've definitely seen an improvement with her color recognition, too!
on April 28, 2016
The text in this story is a little repetitive, but the ribbons steal the show so I'm still giving it 5 stars. My two-year-old loves turn the pages and "read" the book to herself by naming the colors as she goes. I'm always a fan of books that can be entertaining to young children on their own and I find her picking this one out of the basket often.
on October 17, 2016
This is a beautiful book. It has the most clever design and also teaches colors. It is a great book to carry in the car with your little one. One of the most imaginative books I have seen for children. There is a "surprise" in the design of the book as well (won't spoil this for you :))
on January 24, 2016
I recently found myself in need of a unique book to give as a gift & it needed to be a book that was unlikely the recipient would have seen & already have. My daughter had received this book as a gift when she was little & I was thrilled when I checked Amazon to see if it was still being printed. I would highly recommend this book.
on March 12, 2017
Paid full price expecting a new book cover had been so damaged by price stickers that I could not give as a gift!!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.