Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 4, 2015
Back in 2002, I some how accidentally stumbled upon Gedney's collection which was hosted by Duke University. Lost in hours of viewing, I found myself drawn to his work. Gedney's ability to capture that moment in time of people that is unrehearsed or poised. That vulnerable moment. Digging more, I discovered this book and purchased it. The examples of his work alone are inspirational for any photographer to become a better photographer. Here is the link to Duke's Collection....not sure if Amazon will permit it. If not, just Google "William Gedney Duke Univeristy" and it will come up. http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/gedney/
on August 4, 2017
Very interesting book with outstanding photography. Unfortunately, my favorite from India which was published in a review is not in the book. It is one of boys sleeping on a platform with pillars. Oh well. I plan to pass it on to my sons.
on February 10, 2013
What a fantastic photographer -- if only he had lived.
His work was compartmentalized into various locations, and it must have been impossible to show enough of each segment within the pages of a small book.
He needs a VIDEO of his work.
2 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 1, 2011
I picked up this book a few years ago in a used bookstore in Brooklyn. Since then it has become one of my most treasured and valued books on the subject of photography.*
The images themselves are rare examples of a great photographer's mind at work, all the necessary elements are there; composition, timing and most importantly content.
I often bring this book out of the bookshelf and keep it close to my desk for a few weeks, reading passages and viewing images over the course of a few weeks. I never fail to be impressed and a little inspired.
* While my library is not that terribly extensive it is however a little selective.
11 people found this helpful