Libros en Español

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 67 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on December 26, 2012
Who doesn't love Louis Armstrong? Now imagine him doing Christmas tunes.

I'll let the "experts" tell you about the musical quality of each songs, but that's not what I'm going to do. I'm going to tell you what a great deal it is to buy this as a USED CD.

My rule of thumb is, if it's available on used CD, and I like more than 3 songs on it, it's worth it to get it mailed to me. I can't tell you how many times I've had to redownload songs because something happened to the quality of it. Sure, now iTunes and Amazon.com will let you redownload songs when there's a problem. Or rather, iTunes makes that really easy. I still haven't figured out why Amazon.com isn't on board with that yet....

But I digress! Having a hard copy of the disc is a great way to save yourself the pain and agony of redownloading it again. For $6, you can't beat that price!
on January 11, 2014
I don't care who you are. Once you start this music playing your eyes will lighten up and you will understand, really understand, why Louis Armstrong was such a star. This doesn't just have power, it has style. He surrounded himself with the best, played the best, and created an album of sheer delight. If you are looking for just another traditional Christmas carols sing-a-long; this isn't it. If you want the season to be bright, with joy sufficient to dash away, dash away, dash away all the dark cold of the winter, then permit this powerhouse of a musician to burn musical bonfires that will keep you warm through the holidays. A true classic.
on August 31, 2014
Oh yeah...can't beat Louis Armstrong. Love all his Jazz/Blues music and this Christmas CD is just the cherry on top. Never knew he did a Christmas CD until satellite radio. Wow, this disc doesn't disappoint....classic Louis. I love all the old Jazz/Blues favorites and this is perfect for any Jazz/Blues collection. So happy I found this on Amazon.
on February 26, 2014
We bought this CD for my granddaughter. She was doing a school project on Louis Armstrong and had never heard his music. It was the perfect CD since it was his Xmas one.

We still play it in the car and having it increased her interest in both his music and his life as a musician. Great teaching aide.
on December 25, 2013
I was somewhat disappointed, as I expected the disc to be entirely of "Satchmo", but have no qualms with the selections of his tracks. Of the ancillary tracks, I like the original "Christmas Song" by Mel Torme best.

Still, a pleasant yuletide listening experience.
on January 18, 2013
My wife picked this out, at first on the apple store, and as a apple "fan-boy" I almost bought it, but then I saw that they won't sell the complete album, you have to buy each song, which would dive the cost of this album to about $15. what a rip off, not to mention inconvenient, so I came to amazon and found the album for less than $10.. sold! 4 stars because there are a few tracks on there that I would rather skip.
on February 13, 2013
I love this album, it is one of my favorites. I've actually had this for years but just purchased a copy for my parents. All time favorite and worth the album on its own -" 'Zat You, Santa Claus?"... close runners up: "Santa Baby" by Earha Kitt and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Lena Horne - neither of which are available on the download. So, just buy the CD!
on January 23, 2014
I love the guy's songs, and this album includes his great Christmas tune "Zat You, Santa Claus?" Also includes other singers of that era with some of their classic style Christmas tribute tunes. For me a must album.
on January 28, 2014
You can not say Christmas without Louis Armstrong, Satchmo! This Christmas compilation has all the Holiday Greats and is a delight during the Season and when ever you want a lift. Very pleased with this transaction.
on January 3, 2013
We hosted a Christmas party for about 30 people..this CD was great, really set the tone for holiday festivities. I would rank this my second favorite holiday CD. CD arrived before anticipated, great for me to get in the party mode. I would recommend this seller and this CD.