Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2010 8:34:22 AM PDT
D. Bochenek says:
I think if they're going to released something like this, they should also consider the doing both sides...calling it "The Sith Path" or "The Darkside Path" something along those lines....

Posted on Aug 29, 2010 11:51:37 PM PDT
I concur and would myself be more interested if such a book were available. I would also give more focus to Star Wars if more time were given to the Sith. If a story line detailed the stories of Asajj Ventress or Darth Maul for instance.

Posted on Aug 30, 2010 2:33:42 AM PDT
Lev T. says:
Darth Revan and Darth Bane are much better than Ventress or Darth Maul. I'd really like to see the focus on Revan.

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 9:02:04 PM PDT
J. Walton says:
I dont think that if they were to do something like this for the Sith it would go all the way back to Revan. My guess is it would start with Bane and his "Rule of Two" and go from there. But there have been planes on releasing a Darth Plagueis book, I had heard that it was "shelved" but I would bet we wont see a "Sith Textbook" Till we know more about the Sith that follow Darth Zannah.

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 2:28:46 PM PDT
Cgenius1984 says:
I find it hard to believe that the sith would have kept such a book as the master would only pass along what he/she wanted their apprentice to know. To me a book like this would be a liability.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2010 10:54:27 PM PDT
Lev T. says:
If this were reality this would be the case but it's not and having a Sith path book along with a Jedi book would seem reasonable.

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 7:02:27 PM PDT
B. Gorman says:
George Lucas and Lucasfilm always focus on the more positive side of things. Even when EU stories focus on Sith or renegades of other sorts, there was always a redeeming quality to these characters. Therefore, I kind of doubt a dark side guide will happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2010 1:03:04 AM PDT
Lev T. says:
You are probably right about there being no Sith Path. I hadn't considered that there is a focus on the positive.

Posted on Sep 12, 2010 7:58:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 4, 2011 3:09:51 PM PST]

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 3:33:18 PM PDT
Michael says:
I'm pretty sure if they were going to make a Sith book opposite to this one, they'd actually go farther back than Darth Bane. Much of the ideas that Darth Bane used in the books came from some of the much older Sith Lords. Much of the info in the Jedi vs. Sith Essential Guide to the Force predates the movies by over 5000 years. And yes, they're releasing the Darth Plagueis novel somewhere in 2012.

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 9:10:36 PM PDT
J.R.Gabbard says:
I think a Sith book could be vary cool and funny. Have tones of pages ripped out from Sith trying to keep the secrets for themselves, tons of laws other Sith put in saying never kill your master and you get a cookie, best ways to kick kittens, in dept arguments on the way of the Sith, and of course a History of the Sith and the Sith people. Yes, I know some of my remarks where just stupid, but felt like it was funny to say.

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 4:13:56 PM PST
S. Pfeifer says:
Personally I think a Sith book or something would work. I agree that they might not have ever kept a book like that, but they did keep holocrons so why not a book. Who knows I am sure they can work something out that will work, maybe something "written" by Palpatine useing various text and holocrons from Korriban.

Posted on Dec 15, 2010 7:12:35 PM PST
Reviewer99 says:
Actually, on a public forum, the author of the Jedi Path, Dan Wallace, mentioned he's been thinking of making a Sith version for some time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2010 4:47:49 PM PST
S. Pfeifer says:
He also said that in an interview as well. I think it would be kewl to get. And maybe as an extra throw in the "missing" pages about the chosen one from The Jedi Path

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 7:56:41 AM PST
Rage Heart says:
I'd love to see a "Sith Guide".

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 7:59:58 AM PST
And you shall see a sith guide it is already ready for pre order from amazon.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 3:13:16 PM PST
D. Stewart says:
Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side

Ask and ye shall receive
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force [Vault Edition]
The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force [Vault Edition] by Daniel Wallace (Hardcover - September 28, 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars (719)