Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Customer Discussions > The Neverending Story forum

What did he say?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 2, 2006 2:52:09 AM PDT
Eric Edwards says:
What name did bastian say near the end of the movie. It was the part when the empress said, say my name. I know that it was also bastians mothers name. Someone please satisfy my curiosity Igottaknow!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2006 1:45:30 AM PDT
Freyya says:
He said "The Child." For the first movie she is just called the empress, but in the second movie she is then called the child-like empress. At least, I'm pretty sure that is what he said.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2006 8:06:04 PM PDT
K9Mike says:
Bastian's Mother's name was "Moonchild"... that's what he yells out the attic window during the rain storm.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2006 2:15:21 AM PDT
SiriusFan13 says:
K9Mike is correct. I always wondered the same thing. "What was Bastian's mom's name?" Because of course, he said that his mother's name would be perfect for the empress... but I could never figure out what he said. Well, I read the book and, you know, it never says ANYTHING about Bastian wanting to pick his mothers name. He just picks a name that strikes him as perfect for the empress. And that name is "Moon Child," which is how the empress is referred to for the rest of the novel. Just to be sure, the next time I watched the movie, I tried to read Bastian's lips (yes, I'm a loser and actually did this...) and he does, definately say "Moon Child."
SiriusFan13

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2009 1:11:16 AM PST
Stephen Knox says:
MOOOooooonCHIIIIiiiiiild....and then the candle blows out:)

Posted on May 25, 2010 10:23:04 AM PDT
Eric Edwards says:
This was the begining of the idiotic trend of turning the volume of the music and sound effects so far up that the dialogue is virtualy cut off!! (bayformers anyone? lol) At the most dramatic moment in the movie I would keep rewinding my VHS over and over again just to hear it! MOOOZIIIAAAA HOOOOOLT is what it sounded like to me.

Posted on Jul 29, 2010 8:24:49 PM PDT
Nate Train says:
Everyone who said Moon Child is correct. As I've posted in my review, watch the movie on Blu Ray. Warner Brothers cleaned the audio up in this scene very well with the new 5.1 surround sound. You can now clearly hear him say Moon Child.

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 12:21:09 PM PST
I was watching it on dvd, and it occurred to me that I had never found out what He Named Her - and I had desperately wanted to know my whole life! So I put on the subtitles for the hearing impaired, and there it was, in moonstone-white: Moon Child.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 10:35:29 PM PST
Karen Morgan says:
Yes, by golly it is good to finally find out what he said. I always thought he said Mariah... and drew out the syllables.... Maaaa....Rye.....aaahH. I guess I still think that's a pretty name for her.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jul 2, 2006
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about