Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Day by Day Armageddon forum

What the hell

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 20, 2011 1:07:17 PM PDT
Callan Bond says:
Sure, I'm sure somehow it's not Amazon's fault and the publisher is the big evil bad guy, but this is really starting to piss me off. $8 for the paperback of Day By Day Armageddon and $12 for the Kindle edition.

I bought the kindle thinking it would save me money in the long run. Maybe I should just sell it for $50 and go back to ordering paperbacks. On top of that I can sell the physical versions for a couple bucks each when I'm done with them. What a joke the kindle is turning out to be.

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 7:52:45 AM PDT
i'm pissed and outraged as well with the kindle prices lately.
I know that Amazon doesn't set the prices but, since they have the biggest share of the eReaders market, they should have some say in the pricing structure.
I understand publishers wanting to charge the same or even a little more than the Hardback in new releases, but to charge 50-100% of the paperback price is an insult to customers.
I bought the sequel to DBDA for $5 at a discount book store and i wanted to read the first one before, but not at these prices. i'd rather wait until i find it discounted or used somewhere.

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 5:10:54 AM PDT
I'm personally sick of Amazon's excuse that it's the publisher's fault for this exorbitant pricing structure. Why should we, the customers have to insist that they, Amazon, use their marketing to at LEAST meet the lowest paper edition price. The only apparent answer is for us to use the power of our wallets-DON'T BUY!
I will follow my own advice on this and any other ebook until someone comes to their senses!

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 12:11:55 PM PDT
Its absurd at best. There is no conceivable reason to charge more other than greed.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 5:08:28 AM PDT
I agree with the above comments and hope that someone at Amazon is listening. I keep adding kindle books to my wish list awaiting a drop in price, but I am beginning to question a return to the world of paperbacks.

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 6:44:35 PM PDT
Thank God i held up on buying the kindle edition.
I found DBDA for $5 NEW at a discount store.
As long as the publishers keep charging abusive prices, i'll buy more and more paperbacks.

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 6:48:37 PM PDT
Thank God i held up on buying the kindle edition.
I found DBDA for $5 NEW at a discount store.
As long as the publishers keep charging abusive prices, i'll buy more and more paperbacks.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:08:45 PM PST
Steiner says:
Did not mind the book, but I will not read book two at these prices....crazy!!!! The hype made me pay an exorbitant price! Stick to new and hungry authors.... lots of good ones out there in z books at affordable prices. No problem up to $10.00!!!! This author is dead to me.

Posted on May 14, 2013 8:54:51 AM PDT
Dave F. says:
The only reason I got an e-reader was for convenience. I did not want to lug a book around with me everywhere I go and I wanted to save space in my already too small apartment. but if they can't do any better on prices, I will go back to carrying a book around with me, stop shopping online, and will invest in a bookshelf.

Posted on May 30, 2014 3:15:18 PM PDT
Schlitze says:
Amazon doesn't set the price the publisher does.

Posted on Feb 23, 2016 8:20:47 AM PST
Doc Mike says:
As a writer that looked to self publish on Amazon I was surprised to see that Amazon takes 90% just to host your self edited/published book.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2016 8:26:39 AM PST
Schlitze says:
THis is not true. Where are you getting this number?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Day by Day Armageddon (A Zombie Novel)
Day by Day Armageddon (A Zombie Novel) by J. L. Bourne (Paperback - November 1, 2007)
4.4 out of 5 stars (1,340)