Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 190 reviews
on April 11, 2014
What struck me most about this book was that no one (with the possible exception of Reeve) seem to think about what was best for Janie or have any sort of realistic expectations about her reunion with the Spring family. While the Spring clearly love their daughter, they don't have her best interests at heart. Instead they insist that she immediately come to live with them. On the day Janie leaves her adoptive family, she has not yet even met the Springs. She is told that she cannot contact her adoptive parents, her friends or her boyfriend for at least three months and then 'they'd see.' As if someone can turn love on and off like a faucet and quit their family cold turkey. How can these otherwise intelligent adults have thought this was a good idea? How could anyone think this was in Janie's best interests?

Further, none of the Spring children seem to have been given any guidance about their expectations of their lost sister. Janie is met with hostility because she (quite rightly) is overwhelmed at being taken away from the life and family she knows and dropped into an alien situation. Because she has a hard time answering to a different name or calling strangers 'Mom and Dad', she's branded a rotten person and spoiled brat. Is it any shock she's acting out and not making any attempts to fit in?

Overall Cooney had written a well crafted novel that does a great job of capturing the chaotic emotions and heart-rending choices of a terrible situation. A terrific follow up to "The Face on the Milk Carton".
on March 30, 2013
This book is pretty good . "The face on the milk cartoon" is book 1 . I highly enjoyed it. I kept seeing it at my library because I am a library aid. I soon just opened it while restocking books and realized that is was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!.So this book is good. I love how it easily flows from each paragraph. It is like you are there hearing it. You can see what it is like. The main character Janie Johnson/Jennie Springs is really in a conflict between to families. Her real one and the ones she was placed in. There are some parts that are really slow and you kinda just want to skip them because they weren't really important. It was like they were placed there to make the book a little longer. Other thank that the book is so great. I really think that you should read it no matter what.
on December 11, 2015
This book was okay. I never did finish it, was just to slow and did not hold my attention
on January 10, 2017
I got this faster than I expected it. It is a VERY good book. So good, in fact, that I ordered the rest of the series! Except that I ordered 3 & 4 at the same time, & I got 4 & already have read it (out of order) because 3 hasn't come yet.
on July 6, 2017
Riveting, thrilling book!
on January 28, 2013
There are few books out there that can make me cry, but this sequel to "The Face on the Milk Carton" was so touching. It was written so well that you could feel Janie's pain and I found that there were tears streaming down my face as I read. It was so good i couldn't put it down and I finished the book in less than a day! I totally recommend this to people who have read "The Face on the Milk Carton". But don't read it before you have read "The Face on the Milk Carton". It truly is an amazing book!
on December 27, 2012
This book is 200 pages and and it certainly had me on edge with every sentence I read. For me, it was a quick read and I nearly finished in a day. Very good book. I recommend this to anyone honestly. There's something for everyone to enjoy. Not the best thriller I've read, but it was certainly was very good. Worth every penny. This book was good and I can't wait to read the next in the series. Be sure to A Face On the Milk Carton first, so your not lost of course! Happy reading!
on August 3, 2016
Good quality, as expected. Quick, fun read. Really happy it didn't end as a cliff hanger because then I would have to buy another book and read it before school starts.
on December 29, 2016
Absolutely loved the book, I had only read the first and I couldnt put it down and left me wanting more so i had to buy the series.
on June 1, 2015