BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by st vincent PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 23, 2006
I've been following the hubbub surrounding the Arctic Monkeys and I finally got a chance to listen to the album...and I must say, I'm baffled as to why there's so much hype. This album is not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it's instead very middle-of-the-road. It has a few good songs, but it's a mostly harmless, derivative mash-up of Franz Ferdinand, the Libertines and the Strokes. NME named this the 5th greatest British album ever, by the way. Above both the Beatles' "Revolver" and Radiohead's "OK Computer." That should give you an idea of how out of control the Arctic Monkeys' hype machine has gotten.

A decent album, but not life-changing like some would have you believe.
on February 24, 2006
This album is all they say it is, I read all the great reviews before it was released in the US and it's really good. If you like Franz Ferdinand and the like you'll enjoy this album. Great beats and frenetic guitar riffs. Good stuff, very happy with the purchase. Hope they continue making albums.
on April 27, 2008
Amazing album, they are a great band...honestly, just buy this, you won't be disappointed, and this is not some fangirl from the UK...(its a fangirl from the US)...but nevertheless, I think everyone will enjoy this music.
on March 13, 2006
For the record: I hate Franz Ferdinand, the Kaiser Chiefs are flacid, The Killers blow, Oasis is overrated, I simply can't understand the Radiohead phenomenon, and Coldplay should be dragged into the street, shot, dismembered, and their bits driven over with a steamroller. These guys, however, tear it up. I can't get this CD out of my player, I've been listening to it non-stop for 2 weeks now. The lyrics and cover art remind me of exactly why I hated living in England. My fave track: From the Ritz to the Rubble. Buy it.
on June 9, 2007
If you like big names from the UK, no one's bigger. It doesn't live up to the hype completely, but it's catchy and entertaining. I find myself singing along with it all the time.
on April 12, 2006
Isn't it great when you get a new CD and every track on it is awesome! Well, that goes for this great album from the Arctic Monkeys. Another great Brittish gift of rock. This band will rise to the ranks of such modern Brittish rock bands as the Libertines and Bloc Party. There's maybe one or two slow songs on it that are pretty good, but the rest of it is gas pedal stomping, glass shattering rock. I highly recommend this great new band.
on March 7, 2006
A (beer) breath of fresh air! As a 20+ year vet of the music biz on both sides of the Atlantic, I have no hesitation in saying that this is the most stunning debut rock album since The Clash's. (Plus, I was there in '77 so I know what I'm talking about).
on July 28, 2006
Clever lyrics that speak volumes couple with a mod and punkish sound to produce the best CD in the last year. It is a must listen. Alex Turner's voice has a tinge of pre-1973 Bowie-sound.
on March 14, 2006
A (beer) breath of fresh air! As a 20+ year vet of the music biz on both sides of the Atlantic, I have no hesitation in saying that this is the most stunning and exciting debut rock album since The Clash's '77 wake-up call, "The Clash". It makes me homesick for Sheffield...and I don't remember ever having been there.
on May 17, 2007
The Artic Monkeys deliver layered sound that entices the ears. They have a unique sound which is easily recognizable. I look for more of the same from this band in the future.