BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 27, 2016
I am a huge fan of Tina Turner. I've grown up with her song. The best song of mine is Private Dancer. Whenever I hear that song, I feel her agony and pain suffering from everything she suffered from her husband and I truely admire her endurance and even forgiveness.
I know already about her story through mass media and the movie was not all new. But seeing her story again was not all cliche.
She met Ike Turner at a concert where he was singing and she had a chance to sing his song. She sang most beautifully and Ike fell in love with her song at once. Then he married with her.
They teamed up and Ike used her as a singer and made her sing that he composed. He used her every minute of it without mercy. He even beat her if he has to to train her, to make her sing better. For him, she is just a singing robot. To oil her, he has to beat her.
She tries to love him and tries to make him satistied. She waited and waited till he comes back as a good husband but he never did.
Finally she ran away from him when he met the white guy who was a well known producer who admire her song.
That is the moment she had a chance to have a debut to be a solo singer.
She then shines more then ever. The movie finishes when she sings one of the biggest hit single What's Love got to do with it? But she had more his songs, I mean whay more songs in the future.
On the other hand, Ike becomes nobody.
That's how it goes. The good guy shines and the bad guy being punisheed.
Like a fairy tale.
There's a good world exist still.
It's a small little movie and the leading actress was way more beautiful then the actual Tina Turner but It was ok. IThe movie is a fantasy after all Laurence Fishburne who acted as Ike Turner acted beautifully. He has two faces, a lover man and an evil. He was always a good actor.
I am glad that I've seen this movie. The only thing I wanted to see more was her singing my favourite song PRIVATE DANCER.
on May 6, 2015
Just Two Thums Up !!!!!
The story itself is very impressive and the screen play is wonderful, Most of all, Angela Bassett's acting is just Incredible !!!
Her performance and emotional expression seems even more realistic than the the fact. Very touched and enjoyable
from the beginning to the end. The last scene closing is very very safisticated. Personally Just Two Thums Up Up Up .
on March 6, 2017
I love this movie, I watched it when I was younger and I still love it the same. I mean who doesn't love Angela Bassett, such a great actress! I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it, or those who have, buy it!
on July 18, 2015
What’s Love Got To Do With it?, with actress Angela Bassett, Angela Bassett is my absolute and favorite modern actress, and I’m truly waiting for the day when Angela Bassett and Mickey Rourke make a film together. Angela Bassett is really in her Character Tina Turner and did get into the metaphorical role of saying to herself, ‘What’s Love Got To Do With it’, and I say this to all the women (and men) who are enduring so much physical hostilities from there so called lovers and as of yet, they have not asked themselves, what does love have to do with it? Well, Angela Bassett’s character, Tina Turner became a Buddhist, and started fighting back, and kept her self esteem and her stage name, and told Ike Turner, in the divorce proceedings, when Tina Turner pulled the curtains of illusion and delusion out of her life, ‘that Ike Turner could have all the material nonsense, it was liberation day for Tina Turner, ‘goodbye you bastard’. And Angela Bassett’s character Tina Turner proceeded to start doing some real living successfully in her singing career – Amen to Tina Turner.
on December 11, 2016
Straight up, this is the most infuriating movie I've ever seen. I'd never heard of it until a friend of mine recommended it to me a couple of weeks ago. I knew nothing about Ike and Tina Turner, and this definitely educated me about them. Tina's life is a modern-day tragedy and I'm grateful that everything ended up ok for her. This movie did a great job of showing how horrific domestic abuse is.
on November 10, 2016
Well done biographical film of the rise to stardom of Tina Turner. Starts with her humble beginnings and abandonment by her parents. Now it is more clear why she put up with such an abusive man like Ike Turner for so many years.
Angela Basset did a fabulous job playing the role as Tina and Laurence Fishburne played Ike Turner so realistically, he was amazing.
If you are a fan of Tina Turner, or the Ike and Tina Turner Review you'll enjoy this film.
If you are or were a victim of Domestic Violence, there are scenes that may trigger you, be prepared.
on March 10, 2017
No Scratches on the disc! Great Productivity!
on January 2, 2017
Love this movie , sad Story great actors
on June 28, 2017
One of my all-time favorite movies. Angela Bassett and Laurence Fishburne are powerful together. Amazing talents, stellar performances! They really did an excellent job portraying Tina and Ike Turner!
on June 19, 2016
Until video streaming came along, this movie, one of the best of the last several decades, did not get the HD widescreen treatment it has
always deserved. Though the story and acting are more than enough to overcome that fault, it is great to finally see it in that format. I'll
leave it at that since so many other 5 star reviews with which I completely agree cover the content, acting and directing.