BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 5, 2016
Book is ok. There is a lot of writing per page so better for an older child. Should have shown a very small barely visible animal like a flea instead of stopping animals at a ladybug. Oddly the book also skipped viruses. Plus, though it mentioned molecules, it skipped the larger proteins like ferritin or DNA... and jumped straight to the small molecule of water. Honestly, it is hard to really represent things like quarks that easily especially to kids, but it did a pretty good job. Also, the pygmy shrew drawing on the last page looks a bit odd - very mournful looking. I decided to keep the book, though the books in the series focusing on simple machines and the biggest things were probably the best.
on August 26, 2015
I teach accelerated middle school science and used this along with a lesson plan provided by MRSEC Education Group (Univ. of Wisconsin) on scale and size. My students LOVED this (no one ever really grows out of story time). This one book is packed full of well presented core science knowledge and I'm excited to see how it will help them gain a better grasp on this content throughout our school year. Very well done and I have now purchasing the entire set. I brought them home and now my children (ages 9 and 11) are devouring them. Excellent collection of books!
on March 8, 2017
Purchased for my granddaughter to encourage interest in science.
on November 15, 2015
EXCELLENT. As I read the book with my daughter I was a little concerned the author would not keep going - maybe would stop at atoms. But he kept going smaller, to the parts of an atom and even down to quarks and other subatomic particles. A great introduction to these concepts.
on July 17, 2016
My science guy liked all the info.
on May 9, 2016
Great read aloud for science!
on October 16, 2013
Our granddaughter was delighted with the book and took it to bed the first night. It encourages her in her desire to learn. She is just seven years old and the book was correct for her age group.
on July 14, 2015
Great book for introducing atoms and molecules to young children.
on July 4, 2014
very good
on November 5, 2015
This is a great book for your little budding scientist. The illustrations are great but it is wordy and detailed and can be pretty technical for a little one, I would say, younger than first or second grade. The first time i read through it, I thought there was no way it would hold the attention of my five-year-old. But, she loves it and wants to read it over and over again to my chagrin (just kidding) (no I'm not). Anyway, if your little one is inclined towards the sciences, he/she will love this book!