- File Size: 1061 KB
- Print Length: 370 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1596985178
- Publisher: Regnery Publishing (November 4, 2008)
- Publication Date: November 4, 2008
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000WW0LDW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #22,610 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$27.99|
|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $4.66 (29%)
What's So Great About Christianity Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 370 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $4.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
D'Souza presents the basic material examining Christianity in seven parts (the eight being the last two chapters). The first is "The Future of Christianity". The author lays out the current bump in popularity in militant atheism, but why it is really a long term loser. Despite atheism's best efforts, outside narrow intellectual circles religion is growing in most places in the world. In particular, Christianity is growing the fastest of all and in its future is bright. The second part looks at the historical rise and contributions of Christianity to Western Civilization and again demonstrates that many popular notions are simply wrong or fabrications.
The third part looks at science as a wonderful tool and a very poor faith. I particularly loved the chapter correcting the popular notion that Galileo was imprisoned by the Church because the Church was trying to suppress scientific truth. In fact, he was put under house arrest because he published a book he had promised not to publish and insulted the pope in a very egregious way.Read more ›
For example this morning I woke up at 5:00am so I had an hour before I had to get out of bed, I listened to how Christians were responsible for all the wars and killing from the Crusades, to witch hunts to Palestine, to "Hitler was Catholic and had deep seated hatred for Jews etc etc." Dinesh takes that one on and now I can throw off the yoke put on by my College Classes that made me feel guilty for what I believed.
Anyway, it is the best $17.00 I've ever spent, it's the modern version of C.S. Lewis's Mere Christianity.
Makes excellent philosophical argument for faith and religion in general, so it would be a good read for people of any faith.
For those who think religion is outdated or obsolete or worse, it will challenge them to re-examine their premises.
There are some solid remarks in his dissertation, and while much of it holds water, there are some minor issues off and on that I have problems with. Overall, this is a good book, and a good start in apologetics, if you're not already familiar with it.
I'm looking forward to seeing "2016: Obama's America". This guy will probably only get better with age.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Dinesh D'Souza is a believer - his only excuse for promoting Christianity, the biggest religious hoax ever perpetrated upon humanity. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Jaysonrex
I am greatly impressed by development of D'SOUZA's statements and arguments contained within his texts. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ken Schlueter
Went beyond the usual proofs and topics. It was well written.Published 1 month ago by Reluctant farmer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church History
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > History
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology
- Books > History > World > Religious > Christianity
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Agnosticism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Atheism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Comparative Religion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Agnosticism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Atheism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies & Reference > Comparative Religion