Top positive review
41 people found this helpful
Cute and clear
on January 12, 2008
This colorful boardbook uses some charming drawings of four birds to illustrate the concept of opposites. There is a yellow duck, a gray duck, a blue songbird and a white goose. The words for the opposites are on each page.
Each scene shows the birds outside in the grass, doing opposite actions:
* First they stand forward, then backward.
* The gray duck screams while the blue bird whispers.
* The gray duck leaps for joy while the goose sheds a tear.
* The goose is close, the yellow duck stands far away.
* The yellow duck walks slowly while the gray runs quickly.
* The goose is clean, the yellow duck is muddy.
* The yellow duck barely lifts the heavy goose while the gray duck balances a light feather.
* The yellow duck has a butterfly on its head while the goose looks at one down on the ground.
* Finally, the goose is awake while the other three birds sleep.