BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Jessi James decker $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon January 12, 2008
This colorful boardbook uses some charming drawings of four birds to illustrate the concept of opposites. There is a yellow duck, a gray duck, a blue songbird and a white goose. The words for the opposites are on each page.

Each scene shows the birds outside in the grass, doing opposite actions:
* First they stand forward, then backward.
* The gray duck screams while the blue bird whispers.
* The gray duck leaps for joy while the goose sheds a tear.
* The goose is close, the yellow duck stands far away.
* The yellow duck walks slowly while the gray runs quickly.
* The goose is clean, the yellow duck is muddy.
* The yellow duck barely lifts the heavy goose while the gray duck balances a light feather.
* The yellow duck has a butterfly on its head while the goose looks at one down on the ground.
* Finally, the goose is awake while the other three birds sleep.
on September 27, 2013
Duck and Goose have been a favorite from my nephews to now my own daughter! They are so simple for toddlers. Buying the "How are you Feeling" and my daughter literally memorizing the book and being able to read it to others (she's only 2). I had to purchase "Whats up duck". I would like to purchase the whole set but have yet to find it. Would highly recommend for everyone's book shelf!
on July 10, 2015
(Janelle here) Our son loves the Duck and Goose books. This one teaches him about opposites, but the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that it is super short and is literally one word a page...not very long at all. So, while it get's the idea across (which is the point, I suppose! haha), I wish it were longer.
on January 5, 2015
My 19 month old loves Duck and Goose - this book is helping us understand opposites including awake/asleep, near/far, up/down, and my favorite quite/loud. While the book only has maybe 20 words, we talk about the pictures we see on each page and explain things like the red butterfly is up and the blue butterfly is down. We've been working on inside voice vs. outside voice... so the quiet/loud page gives us a change to talk what it means to be quiet and what it means to be loud. Another great Duck and Goose installment from Tad HIlls.
on June 10, 2017
This is the cutest little book. It's a chunky cardboard book so you know it will be durable and the images and words are so precious. I love this book!
on October 18, 2015
Love giving the Duck and Goose books as gifts. I stock up on these because it seems like there is always a baby shower, holiday or birthday coming up. The smaller board books are perfect for infants - 3 years and the larger and hardcovers work well for older kids.
on March 6, 2017
cute way of teaching opposites
on May 5, 2017
We love this book so much, this is our second copy. The first one was in literal tatters. In defense of the printing, it made it through three heavy-duty book chewers!
on September 25, 2011
Our duaghter loves the duck and goose books. This is a good one but not the best one - go for the feelings book. This is probably the 2nd best one of the series.
on September 17, 2014
Similar to D&G How are you feeling?, this is just a book of opposite words. There are pictures that illustrate the idea of the concepts, but nothing else to it. I love D&G books, but was kind of disappointed. I thought it would have at least a sentence that would say, "Duck is far, Goose is near", but it didn't.