Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 115 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 126 reviews
on July 3, 2017
Great book, looks like new. Wonderful illustrations of plants and their
problems.
on December 19, 2009
This book is just fantastic. I found that a lot of plant reference books do not transfer to our tropical environment in Hawaii. They are too mainland-centric. But this book helped me diagnose and successfully treat several lingering problems I had been having in my garden - from aphids, to sooty mold, to missing nutrients in my soil. The book is super easy to use, anyone can follow the clear illustrations and concise text. I also love the descriptive opening of each chapter. This book makes me feel like a smart and capable gardener. Plus my garden now looks amazing!
on February 9, 2011
With so many potential causes for plant problems -- insects, bacteria, fungi, viruses and human damage --, this book does an excellent job of capsulizing the often complicated process of determining what a gardener is dealing with. Through a series of photos and flow charts, this book leads you to what is wrong with a specific plant and offers a series of steps to take to address the problem. It includes not only solutions for the plant being diagnosed, but offers steps on how to prevent future recurrences of the problem. I bought the book from Amazon.com and highly recommend it.
What's Wrong with My Plant? is a great reference for a beginning gardener like me who wants to stop her plants from dying, but doesn't have the time to identify each plant and read up on everything that can go wrong with it. I might not know the name of every plant in my backyard, but I know what a leaf is and that's enough for me to step through the flowcharts and figure out what to do next. I also like the emphasis on organic solutions.

I bought three copies, one for me, and one for my mother and my sister (they're both very experienced garderners and were just as thrilled with it as I was).

Thank you Wadsworth and Deardorff for finally writing a book that I can use!
on May 17, 2017
good
on August 30, 2016
This book is not as clear or easy to navigate as the authors claim, but it does have a good deal of useful information and quite helpful illustrations. You have to invest a fair amount of time getting familiar with how the book is laid out, and really scrutinize it for contents, but once you grasp the general pattern it's useful.
on August 11, 2014
As a new gardener, this book has helped me tremendously. I normally use Google to resolve most of my problems (gardening and otherwise) but this book is now my first resource for issues in my garden. The guide to identify issues with my garden, especially my vegetables, is easy to use and very organized. It also gives recommendations for how to resolve the problems (both organic and nonorganic solutions) and I have used the recommendations with success. I definitely recommend this book to anyone with a garden!
on August 17, 2013
Finally, I have been able to identlfy what has been wrong with my plants and fix it ! My tomatoe plant leaves have always been a problem. Other plant books I tried did not contain enough information. After using this book for two weeks, my tomatoe plants are greatly improved and producing better tomatoes. All my other plants are doing well too. A lot of thought was put into the way this book was written by the authors Deardorff and Wadsworth. It is an easy read. It is a perfect tool for home gardeners like me.
on August 10, 2011
I am a Master Gardener in the Sierra foothills of California. Part of what Master Gardeners do is to help people figure out what's wrong with their plants, mainly fruits and vegetables, but also other plants and trees. I have a small library of fairly technical publications I carry with me to help identify problems but this one is an excellent general guide that the typical backyard gardener will find very helpful. Great book for the general public and a very good addition to my library.
on March 21, 2010
I appreciate this book for the way it is organized. It refers the reader to a chain of possible problems and solutions for each symptom. I was not able to find a picture of a particular pest that has infected many of my plants, and am still not sure what it is; however, for most everything else, this book has been able to identify the issues my plants have had.