Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

What's a good graphic novel I can read?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2009 11:33:15 AM PST
I reacently got interested in graphic novels but, quite onestly, I don't know where to start. Can you suggest me some good graphic novels? I'm almost 15 and I like sci-fi, fantasy and basically anything else. Will you give me a hand Please?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2009 5:07:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2009 5:08:00 PM PST
J. Abdin says:
Y: The Last Man is a really good series. I would check that out. Watchmen is also a classic.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2009 2:57:14 PM PST
Have you already read Sandman? If not, I would reccomend that. Or you can start elsewhere and lead up to Sandman so you can see how a lot of stuff pales in comparison. Everyone always raves that Watchmen is the pinnacle of graphic novels, but I think Sandman is miles ahead. Watchmen is great, sure, but reading Sandman has become an almost spiritual experience for me, there's really nothing else like it.

Posted on May 3, 2009 10:35:44 AM PDT
Yeah, Sandman is one of the best things I've ever read, graphic novel or not, but just to warn you, it's very mature, and not in terms of sex, violence, and language. Stephen King says in the forward to book 8 that "if you're not old enough to chew this stuff for yourself, maybe you'd better go back to Spider-Man and the X-Men a little longer. Otherwise you're going to be puzzled." I'm just saying this because you're very young, but you might just love it. Take a peek at some of the books before you decide to buy them and see if you like it.

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 9:48:04 PM PDT
I would recommend "Asterios Polyp" It really shows how much the art of a graphic novel can tell the story as much as the words.

Asterios Polyp
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 7, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 3, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sandman Preludes & Nocturnes
Sandman Preludes & Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman (Paperback - November 1, 1991)
4.3 out of 5 stars (473)