Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,235 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,280 reviews
on December 26, 2013
Back in March of this year I lost 22 lbs. in 4 weeks from only cooking out of the wheat belly cookbook. I still have about 12 lbs to go, but don't have the time to make the recipes. It feels like I've been waiting forever for this 30-minute or less cookbook to come out. Finally it arrived Christmas Eve and then I fell in love. The only time consuming thing about this cookbook for a beginner is going to be getting familiar with the ingredients and where to locate them. So far today I made the Beef stroganoff, crab stuffed mushrooms and the spicy chicken. All were excellent and only took 15 to 30 minutes which is life changing compared to the other recipe book :)
1313 comments| 540 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2013
This book has no only changed my life but also the life of my entire family. We have three generations eating the Wheat Belly way. I am off my heart medication and my cholesterol medication thanks to this way of eating. My depression is gone. Anxiety gone. Intestinal issues, gone. This is truly life changing!
0Comment| 386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2014
Let me start by saying I didn't have high expectations of the Wheat Belly book or the cookbook, but I was very, very wrong. To give you some understanding, I have severe acid reflux and a hiatal hernia to boot. Before reading the book, I had been on more than double the max dose of a prescription medication as well as the max dose of OTC Zantac every single day. Even with this array of pills I vomitted blood and got sick most meals. I felt poorly everyday for the last 3+ years. I couldn't even brush my teeth in the morning without gagging or throwing up! In addition to that, I was shedding an abnormally large amount of hair, breaking out in rashes, have an array of symptoms similar to a low blood sugar (without any sugar issues), constantly tired off and on all day, waking multiple times a night to use the restroom or to numbness and tingling in my limbs or lips, having heart palpitations, and several other very bizarre things! I am a healthy, 32 year old female, within 15 pounds of a healthy weight for my age/height, who works out several times a week, and is in otherwise peak condition.
This book was the last stop after multiple doctors and medications (both natural and prescribed) before giving in and trying surgery. Which, by the way, has a recurrence high enough to make me think it is a horrible idea.
Within 24 hours of cutting out wheat I had stopped vomiting. I felt more energetic (slightly), and noticed a difference. Within 3 days I cut my dose of meds in half, and within 1 week I was totally off my medication with no ill effects.
I am currently about 1 1/2 months out from starting this journey and I feel totally different! I now have a reaction if I even ingest a tiny amount of wheat, and all the symptoms I had and many I didn't even realize were symptoms (like the hair shedding) are gone. Totally gone!
Now, this book...i got it first because it seemed like if I was going to stick with something, then a 30 minute meal book would be the simplest verses the original Wheat Belly cookbook. I have been feeding my family dinners out of this book for the last month, and every single one has been a hit. I have picky eaters and even they love what I'm cooking!!!
This book is the best cookbook with some of the best recipes I've ever tried, even over wheat-containing ones.
If you are wanting something to make this journey easier, tastier, and enjoyable...this is the best choice!
33 comments| 416 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2013
This book is set up to easily begin eating wheat free. I especially like the variety of recipes that will appeal to a wide variety of tastes. This is exactly what I am looking for in terms of recipes that I can incorporate into our meals.
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2014
Concerns about younger people being prone to the effects of obseity, early diabetes, etc. I took a copy of this book while visiting them in NJ. We baked/cooked something every day. Because 30 min in their minds is very doable, they helped. We found that the local supermarket and Trader Joe's had most of the food items we needed-and their mother, who is allergic to nuts but able to eat almonds, can also enjoy the use of almond/meal-flour. The chocolate double cakes was their favorite. I like the other Wheat Belly books too--each builds on previous without much repetition. The original one gave the most medical information and I find that others are interested in knowing how they can improve their health or that of their children.
on March 5, 2014
I would definitely recommend this cookbook to anyone following the Wheat Belly way of life. The recipes are not time-consuming, but are absolutely delicious. If you don't have a lot of time to spend planning and preparing your meals for a low-carb way of life, this is the book for you. I was previously 'stuck' with my weight-loss efforts until I followed this low-carb way of eating and this cook book helped make it easy. I finally lost weight and am still losing.
on February 15, 2014
I had just ordered another eating plan/cookbook before I found this, and thankfully they reimbursed me for the price I paid for that so that I could buy this one! I must have very similar taste buds to the author as every recipe sounds so wonderful to me! The best part is that they are EASY and QUICK! Just like it advertises! I'm all about keeping it simple in the kitchen, and eating flavorful food, and this cookbook truly delivers on both! My daughter and I are gluten intolerant, and my son and husband can enjoy all of the recipes in this book as well without even missing the gluten. And then they get the benefits of gluten free meals as well! It is constantly on my counter and it is all I've cooked from since I received it. I'm telling all of my gluten-free friends about it and would cont. to recommend it to others! Everything I've made from it so far is great, and easy, and I hope to try everything in it eventually, as we find our favorites. I also read Wheat Belly and had my eyes open to horrors of gluten/wheat and hope that this info. goes around the country to educate America. I've believed for years that "the powers that be" are trying to keep us a nation of sick people, and this confirmed it! Thank you Dr. Davis, for your boldness in presenting this world-changing/life-changing information! And having a cookbook to make it so much easier and more enjoyable to transition into! I LOVE IT!
on February 1, 2016
I like all the wheat belly books. I have 3 of them. I have both the actual book and kindle version. I purchased the kindle version first. But sometimes I just like having the actually book especially when cooking. I like that the kindle version means no mess but sometimes i feel like you don't always get everything in the kindle.

Anyway I like the wheat belly books. Cuttingvout wheat and gluten products is not an easy thing to do especially for a bread lover. I know you can make your own without the wheat. I have made the flaxseed wraps several times. I will say do not expect it to taste the same. I notice a big difference hinger wise and weight wise when i did cut out wheat and gluten. It takes time and effort. You will have to most likely actually cook a lot more to fully benefit. But if you want to do it i recommend this book, the original wheat belly cookbook and the original wheat belly book. They have a ton of information. It really makes you rethink wheat products.

My dad suffers joint and knee problems all of which are triggered from wheat products. He has cut the wheat and is actually why i read the original "Wheat Belly" book in the first place. His health improved dramatically and he lost weight.
on September 16, 2016
If you want to get rid of your wheat belly, this is the way to eat. I am eating gluten free....been at it about a month and half with exercise and I've lost 18lbs and my belly is shrinking. The recipes are practical and delicious.
on December 22, 2016
This book explained a lifetime of my frustrating fight to lose a few pounds. I have exercised till the cows come home including 3 marathons and still have to battle the cravings daily to keep the weight in check. We've all been duped and they should fire all the so called nutritional "experts" who are causing the obesity epidemic in this country. This book is an incredible eye opener.

Jeff