Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 5,257 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,859 reviews
on June 2, 2015
First of all, I recommend reading this book BEFORE "Wheat Belly Total Health". Second of all, I cannot believe how much this book has helped me! Its done more for me than any doctor, diet, holistic medicine, etc. ever has. I have done every "diet" out there (every shake, supplement, diet plan, exercise plan, you name it... I've tried it), gotten tested for "this and that" to no avail and STRUGGLED (wish there was a better word than that) to lose any more than 3 or so pounds. I even trained for/ran 2 half marathons and never lost weight! Following the Wheat Belly way of eating, I've lost 30 lbs within 3-4 months AND... never. felt. better. (more alert, more energy, happier, less stressed, etc.) and it was EASY! While I know this approach may not be for everyone, I recommend at least giving the book a read and a concerted effort. I am a real person, who works full time, who has never written an online review before, is in her 40s and not "a small person who just wants to get skinnier" or a "heavy person who needs to lose 75 lbs or more". I'm a regular person who just knew she wasn't in the "right" body or in control of what it was doing or where it was headed and has now reclaimed her own body!
on December 13, 2012
Just over 7 months ago I was told by my medical practitioner that I most likely had a wheat/gluten sensitivity. I did some research, found a little information and decided to give up grains. I am never one to just take someone's word on something though, and need to dive in deeper to learn more about the "hows and whys". I came across Dr. Davis' book on Amazon and after reading many interesting reviews decided to buy the book. It was an eye opener for me and I only wish that I had known this information many years ago! Knowledge is a powerful thing. Within the first month of going completely grain free I felt a fog lift - my thought processes became clearer. It sounds crazy but it has been so apparent to me. The swelling in my knees and ankles is completely gone. My face is no longer puffy - I actually have cheekbones again! I no longer live for my next dose of Ibuprofen. My skin is clear. My stomach is no longer bloated and gone are the frequent trips to the bathroom. My gums no longer bleed when I brush my teeth. My sinusitis is almost nonexistent. I have more energy. I used to have frustrating mood swings - gone. I am almost never hungry between meals. After meals I do not feel the lethargy that I used to experience. I could go on and on, and believe me, if someone asks me about my new way of eating, I do go on and on. And people listen. I can't tell you how many times I have recommended Wheat Belly to friends and even patients (I'm a nurse). No one needs to take my word on it though. Read the book and then try going grain-free for a month. See for yourself. It's a small investment of time and effort with potentially huge payoffs! Oh and by following the low carb diet info at the end of the book I have lost 45 pounds over the past 7 months. It continues to come off slowly but I am patient and do not plan to ever change from this way of eating. It's really too easy!! Just one last note, my husband follows this same way of eating and is right on board with me. His rheumatoid arthritis is much improved and he has gone down a pants size. He was only slightly overweight and has now got a much flatter abdomen. Wonderful book! Thank you Dr. Davis.
on August 12, 2016
This is a must read book. Since going off wheat 2 months ago, I have lost 15 pounds, mostly in belly fat (wasn't markedly over weight to begin with but did have more belly fat than I wanted). I have been on insulin for 5 years. I was at 50 units and now I am at 15 units with a reasonable expectation of getting off insulin in the near future. A1C and lipid blood tests are the best in years. Last blood pressure was 117/70, haven't seen that in awhile. Cravings were a problem and now are minimal. Read the book.
on January 5, 2017
Excellent book. Just like it says.. lose the wheat, lose the weight... I did & I've lost over 30 lbs so far... great book, excellent information. Buy it!!
on September 9, 2012
I have been following this book and have lost some weight--slowly and some inches. I will not go back to my old way of eating because I feel young again and I like it. ( I'm 59 & I feel like I did when I was 16. really!!)
I wonder how long it is going to take the farmers in the country to return to growing einkorn wheat because when this catches on it will be a cash plus crop. The cost of this flour is very high. And we are sick of being sick so.....
Also, smart restaurants are going to be offering einkorn products in their gluten free menus. Panera better get onboard with this quickly or they can kiss their franchises goodbye.
Americans are getting smarter and this is one of the most important books in this century along with Dr. Mary Newport's book--What If There Was A Cure for Alzheimer's and Nobody Knew About It. My mom and her sister are getting better every day from their Alzheimer's ( no thanks to the Alzheimer's Association who tried to block this information--shame on you. Get another job folks- maybe the Heart Association will need you.) OOps !! that is wrong I forgot about Joel Furmans book - Eat to Live- and his other books.
If I knew how I would seriously nominate Dr. Mary Newport and Dr. William Davis for the Noble Prize. Does anyone know how to do this? They deserve it!!
America--read this book and act. The life you save will be your own!!
on October 18, 2016
This book is well written, well researched, and quite thorough in its coverage of the subject. Although it explains things in scientific terms it is nevertheless quite comprehensible for a non-scientist. Dr. Davis gives simple examples as well as meaningful accounts of real-life patients' experiences. I have been applying the principles and lessons taught in this book to my own life for some time and have experienced nothing but success. Yes, I lost the wheat. Yes, I lost the weight. But besides that, I have lower blood sugar, lower blood pressure, and no acid reflux, not to mention many other benefits I don't have time to describe. And I am so grateful that Dr. Davis stepped forward and wrote this book. Although I have seen video reports and articles denouncing Dr. Davis's theories, I ignore them for the simple reason that losing the wheat works, and Dr. Davis explains why. All I know is I've never felt better in my life. Thank you, Dr. Davis.
on December 31, 2016
I am pretty sure I have had IBS for many years (I am 51and considered morbidly obese according to my BMI, even though I exercise regularly) but it took 2 peanut butter sandwiches on 100% whole grain bread to knock me down to my lowest, most painful, angry gut point in my life. Desperate, I googled wheat allergy and found this book! What a miracle! Within 1-2 days of eliminating wheat I have felt subtle changes. My stomach no longer hurts after I eat, my brain no longer feels like it is in a fog, colors are brighter and I've lost 2 pounds. I don't have cravings or addictions for snacking between meals. I can't wait to continue this journey. I truly feel as if my life has been saved! Thank you Dr. Davis!
on February 22, 2016
Interesting book about wheat, but I was a little dissapointed that this book really is just leading you to cut out all carbohydrates. Including fruit, rice, corn, potatos, beans and the like. And then suggests to eat as much fat and protein as you like. Basically Atkins diet with a direct target on wheat first and foremost.
on September 13, 2016
A friend of mine that I respect told me about Wheat Belly and how it changed his life for the better. He's lost weight, has more energy and is no longer on heart meds. This is a very interesting book regarding wheat and the history of wheat and how it has evolved into something today that can be detrimental to your health. Anyone looking for the healthy lifestyle change, I highly recommend Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis.
on June 14, 2017
While being massively informative and useful, Wheat Belly makes for easy reading. And while it's enlightening, it's also quite shocking to learn about the many ingredients in bread and other wheat based products that are so very bad for you. And the most shocking discovery of all? The fact that wheat serves as an appetite stimulant, and has addictive properties, much like you see in strong drugs. And the second most shocking discovery? That wheat not only leads to weight gain (the infamous wheat belly), it has a debilitating effect on our overall health. My cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides, blood pressure, and a1c were way too high in recent years, so I decided to finally eliminate wheat products totally from my diet (along with other high carb food groups) and have lost 50 pounds, and all my labs are well within the normal range...thanks in the largest part to the elimination of the wheat (bread, pasta, cereal, pastries, etc.). I thank Dr. Davis for this life changing (perhaps even life saving) information which I have used, and will use for the rest of my life.