Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change

Showing 1-10 of 286 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 349 reviews
on September 26, 2015
Great game. As others have noted, you have Pat Sajack's voice, which is a nice touch, and a various levels of difficulty. Although, I didn't find "easy" mode to be terribly easy. You still need to put your thinking cap on. Where there would be a commercial on television, they insert mini games that allow you to win in-game prizes. You have the option of skipping these mini games when you start the game. You can play against the computer or against a friend -- and if two of you are playing you may choose to eliminate the computer player. You don't need Wii Speak -- you can just use your controller to point out letters on a keyboard to solve the puzzles or select a letter. You have plenty of time to do so.

Overall, we found this game enjoyable and have yet to repeat a puzzle after playing it several times over the course of a month.
on March 28, 2013
Three generations in my family own this game for Wii. While I really like the game, especially the Hawaii set, I thought my parents would love it, since they are great Wheel of Fortune fans. Surprisingly, at our last get-together, when I suggested playing it, I got a less than thrilled reaction. When pressed about it, my 70-year-old parents shed light on something simple. They did not grow up in the computer age, and could not type the answers fast enough when guessing a puzzle. Pointing the remote at the TV to select the letters was difficult for them. They "hunt & peck" on a keyboard, but even more confusing was that the letters were alphabetical, not QWERTY. They like the idea & the graphics, but couldn't enjoy the game. I guess they are more suited to Wii bowling Wii Sports Resort than Wii word games. Since I don't have that problem, I do enjoy playing this game. I prefer to play by myself, against the computer. BTW - my 10-year-old nephew likes it as much as I do. Overall, a nice game.
on May 4, 2017
This is a great family game! My eight-year-old son and I play it about once a week, and I'm not sure which of us has more fun. The game glitches out for us every time the second player wins a mini game, so I let him win all of the mini games. It's an older game, and the workaround is easy, so it's still a five-star game for us.
on August 24, 2016
It's 2016, so yes, in the grand scheme of things you can say this game sucks, but...

We have all the newer systems so we decided to hook up the old Wii at grandma and grandpa's house and we got this game. They of course watch WoF, so they think it's cool to play along, without having to use the controllers or anything while my daughter plays it.
on March 17, 2011
I bought this game so that my boyfriend and I could play it together. We absolutely love it! When we first started playing it I would get very flustered because I don't have the steadiest hand, so I would pick the wrong letters when playing my turn. We found out that you can use the directional pad on the wii remote to choose the letters. The only thing is, is when you are doing this you have to point the remote away from the sensor bar (the ceiling works great). It makes it soo much more easy to pick the letters. You can also use the directional pad to pick what you want to do, buy spin or solve. When we first got this game we played it for 8 hours straight!!!! I got the game right when it came out, and have played it ALOT! We are just now seeing some repeated puzzles but only a handful. No biggy in my opinion as I know we've played it so much that it would kind of make sense that they would start repeating. The graphics are not the best, but it's the wii; can't expect too much! I love the fact that Charlie's voice is in it, and that Pat is involved also. I believe this is the first one that Pat's actually in! I would agree that it gives you too long to pick a letter and/or solve. However if you choose the "hard" setting instead of medium or easy, you have less time. It's just about the right amount of time that they give you. Overall I love this game, and think it's well worth the $30 I spent on it!
on May 17, 2017
We watch Wheel of Fortune at dinner time and my 8 yr old loves it, so I got him this game. He plays it every morning before school and I actually feel it's somewhat educational since you have to know some vocabulary, and of course, how to spell.
on January 25, 2012
We just got the wii this past Christmas as a gift. I bought Wheel of Fortune because it's my mom's favorite TV show. We were surprised and pleased with it. It plays amazingly like the TV show - you do feel like you are an actual contestant! From Pat Sajak's voice, to the sound effects down to the spinning wheel and blinking arrows, the game is very true to the original TV game. It takes a little longer to play than if you were on the TV show, one reason because to guess the puzzle you need to type in the letters using what I call the "housefly landing" method - roam around the keyboard "landing" on each keyboard letter and pressing the button on the remote like a fly landing on various keys of the keyboard, until you spell it out. I have not tried the microphone/audio add-on, and I wonder if it can somehow allow you to spell out the letters using your voice, that would be awesome. But it's a fun game overall. Also during "commercials" you play quick games, and you actually feel like you just played a "back stage" game when the commercial is over and it's back to the regular game. All in all if you love watching and always wanted to be a contestant on Wheel Of Fortune, you'll get your money's worth with this game. I didn't try playing with the computer players, just 2 or 3 real people each with their own remote, but it was fun!
on May 29, 2011
This game is a lot of fun. It has puzzles just like on TV. It's probably not for kids under 12. The game does have some quirks though in the timing. Ex.- Pat says you have 15... seconds to solve the puzzle. It starts to count down 15 seconds, but if you buzz in, it gives you 80 more seconds. And when one player misses on the spin and it's going to the next player, it will say ex. "Player 2 press A" but a lot of times you can see thru the translucent words and see the puzzle behind it and you can stare at it and have more time to solve. Also when it's your turn to spin, there is no time limit. Pat keeps saying " Player 2 it's your turn to spin" but you can answer a phone call and it will still be your turn to spin when you get back. I haven't found any adjustments for time yet.
We have only played on the EASY so far. It has EASY - Medium - Hard - Custom selections. Maybe the more difficult versions alter the timing. I don't know. Some one wrote they were worried that the words would repeat after awhile of game playing. We've been at it for one month on easy only and haven't noticed repeats. Some similarities, but it's the same on TV. RSTLNE are the standard letters, but they have found tons of words with only 1 or 2 of those letters. When you play against the computer, they dumb those guys up so you have a pretty good chance of winning. If the computer beats you, you did something wrong. It's still challenging though because you are at the mercy of the spin which you can make fast or slow. But if you go bankrupt or lose a turn at the end, the computer will solve the puzzle. Oh... Vana White has a big head and a little body. So far I haven't found a place where it keeps high scores. I got 1 million dollars but it's not saved. No one will ever know I'm a millionaire.
on February 13, 2011
I have always loved to play Wheel Of Fortune. I remember playing it on the Commodore 64, and then for the first Nintendo. Wow this game has come a long way. Its a really fun game to play. If its just you playing(which in this case it is only me playing because I only have 1 remote), you can play with computer players, or you can play by yourself. Pat explains to you that when you play by yourself, you have 7 turns a round. If you guess a wrong letter, solve the puzzle wrong, or land on lose a turn or bankrupt, you lose a turn. Once you used all 7 of your turns, the round is over and you move onto the next round. When you win the bonus round, you unlock different stage settings and new cloths and stuff. I love how real it looks, and for once you actually have Pat in the game. I think every version always had just Vanna. Its pretty cool that you have Charlie too. Vanna will explain everything to you from what the toss up is to when you land on a free play space. This game is addicting and I've been playing for over a week for at least an hour when I play and I havent gotten a repeat puzzle yet. I love how you can spin the wheel with the remote. I only have a few minor complaints hence the 4 stars:

Being that this is for the Wii.....I thought they would have branched out. I hate being referred to as player one. With this kind of system, Pat should be referring to us by name. I also think it would have been cool if you could put in where you are from, what you do etc etc and Pat introduces you just like on the show and there could be made up bios for the other players.

Its hard to chose a letter. More than once I clicked on the wrong letter because its hard getting the arrow on the letter that you want and its cost me.

When I flick the remote to the right and then to left, sometimes the wheel wont spin. I sometimes have to do it more than once.

I get bankrupt too much. I just played and I kid you not I got bankrupt 3 times in a row and 4 times in the same game.

Overall its a pretty game and I enjoy it.

UPDATE: I have won many bonus rounds, but I have only managed to unlock the stage for Hawaii. Anyone know why I cant unlock the other stages?
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2017
Another great wii game, have fun playing this and other games how games.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.