- Paperback: 146 pages
- Publisher: Temple Arts Publishing; 2 edition (May 14, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0990816516
- ISBN-13: 978-0990816515
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.3 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Wheelchair Wisdom: Awaken Your Spirit Through Adversity Paperback – May 14, 2017
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
About the Author
Linda Noble Topf has had MS since 1981. Her award-winning first book, You Are Not Your Illness, has inspired many thousands of people, a well as their families, with illness. Linda is a wellness counselor with a Master’s Degree in Applied Psychology, a motivational speaker, a monthly columnist for The Huffington Post, an ordained minister and a pioneer and advocate for disability rights. Linda resides outside Philadelphia with her husband - and best friend - of 39 years, Michael Topf.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 10 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Her writings are a form of meditation as well as realism dealing with living in a wheelchair and the things she needs to overcome. It is an inspiring book that people will enjoy reading. There are short chapters on different subjects so you can pick the book up and put it down. Highly recommend it to keep yourself sane during difficult times.
- "Understanding or compassion is not pity, worry, or feeling sorry for someone. We equate worry with love, but worrying does not show ourselves or others love. It takes us out of the present moment..."
- About forgiveness Linda says, "It means letting go of your past perceptions." This is so powerful. To me this means we all have to change our perception of situations that hurt us and see it as an opportunity for growth or we'll live with that nasty acid feeling about the person or god or situation.
- Linda has a beautiful exercise to help you deal with any challenge instantly and find your center. Page 92! Love it.
- On page 143 there is an amazing insight into what makes us worry and lose sleep.
If you're like me, there's no doubt that as you read this book you'll be thinking of many people who would benefit from reading it too but ultimately you're the one reading it so take the time to absorb it on a very personal level ... and then share!