Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 194 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 224 reviews
on December 27, 2014
Fun race track for my kids and they don't seem to get bored with it. We create elimination tournaments and Bone Shaker in lane 4 is unbeatable. It folds up nice for storage and is durable. It's a simple set up of four lanes that the cars roll down when the release lever is pulled. The yellow gates spring up throwing the slower cars off the track until only one remains at the finish line. I paid around $50 and it should probably be priced around $30 In my opinion but we use it a lot. We do not enjoy this as much as the new Hot Wheels 5 lane starter set that they got for Christmas though. It has two lane racing from a higher level and a jet that shoots skyward at the finish.
review image
on July 5, 2015
This was one of my son's 4th birthday gifts and he's had so much fun playing with it! It's long enough that each run down the track is both long enough to get some speed going and short enough to keep excitement high. You can race anywhere from 1-4 cars, and as they pass the check points the slower cars are blocked from proceeding, which makes for effective elimination races. Part of the fun is testing out which of his many Hot Wheels cars is fastest - can even ask them to make hypotheses about which car will win and why for some extra kid-friendly learning. We've used this on both hardwood and carpeting with equal success. And no batteries required! The only down side I've encountered is that after each race the little yellow "gates" need to be re-closed, which can sometimes cause the track parts to detach from each other if they are pushed down too hard, especially annoying if one of the gates is harder to lock in as happened with ours. The track does need to be reassembled more than I would like, but it's not a big deal once kids learn to do it themselves. I would definitely recommend this track for any child old enough to use toy cars.
on February 4, 2014
This is a great product and one of my son's favorite Hot Wheels Playsets. He actually has the 6 lane raceway which is much larger and has an announcer for the winner, but this product is really cool in that it ejects the losing cars as it drops from 4 lanes down to one. It may not always be 100% accurate in ejecting the losing car, so I wouldn't use it in a situation where you are trying to determine the fastest car (the 6 lane is MUCH better in this regard), but it IS a great way to have a fun twist on racing the Hot Wheels.
on January 7, 2015
This is exactly what I expected it to be. Matches the description to the tee - there are no surprises. I even watched a YouTube video on the track before making the final purchase. Basically, you line up four cars, push the lever, and watch to see who wins. There are two checkpoint areas that launch 3 of the 4 cars off the track. The first set (yellow areas), flip the slowest two cars off the track. The second launcher flips the next slowest car off the track; and the last car is left to win the race. There is a flag at the bottom of the track that flips up when the final car passes through the finish line. This toy works perfectly to keep my 5 & 10 year old nephews entertained. They are huge Hot Wheels fans, so that helps too :) I wouldn't recommend this for anyone much older than 10 and definitely no younger than 5.
on January 9, 2014
Pros are it's easy to set up, folds compactly and unfolds easily and quickly, and takes abuse well (my 2-year old occasionally throws it around and stands on the bottom end. My boy loves it and will ask me to play hot wheels with him, and he actually said "I love hot wheels" after I gave him this and a dozen or so cars for christmas. That he is very happy with it gives me a lot of joy. He's even experimented with raising the track higher and was excited that he made the cars go faster!! Thus, it actually is helping his creative process.

The only drawback is that, from a strictly competitive standpoint, the elimination triggers, although surprisingly well-designed for a low-cost toy, don't always work right, in that the lead car sometimes gets stuck in it or knocks itself off. It happens every once in a while, not enough to take away from the fun, but noteworthy I think. It kind of adds to the idea of racing luck I guess.

This amazon product is good because it comes without the set of cars (it does come with one goofy-looking car) and thus is a lot cheaper, so you can buy the cars you like separately and it will cost the same, or if your child already has cars, there's no reason for a bunch of extra if you don't need them and/or want to pay for them. Every toy store I went to only had it for around $40 with ~20 cars, whereas here I got it for $20 with only one car

Competition note: The Jaguar D-type and Chevelle are the fastest hot wheels we've raced thus far!!! Although, due to the chaos factor, the results are not guaranteed!

Overall, great toy for the money.
on November 6, 2014
My son, daughter and I enjoy this so much each day. Easy to assembly and provides a load of fun for hours on end. My son now has a sizeable collection of hot wheels and has his favorite racers as do I. What I love about this is at times, both cars fighting for same space and they eject each other out or side swipe each other out of the track. Again, endless fun and easy to store away.
on February 16, 2013
We've had this toy for 2 weeks. It is my boys favorite b-day gift. The two of us (and sometimes my 5 and 7 yr old girls) will play with it for over an hour a day. Lots of fun. But have plenty of HotWheels.
on January 17, 2014
I bought this for my girlfriend's 3-year-old and he has done so many races with his hot wheels cars it's ridiculous! This simple track uses gravity to let the hot wheels race, and the little yellow pieces launch the slower cars off. It's fun, easy, and great.

It is not a sturdy, solid toy; it is mean to easily fold up for storage or travel, and it does! The other reviews have said that it breaks easily, etc. well it is designed to pull apart in the middle if you want it to. So, I don't see a problem there.

For $20 it is a good deal, doesn't require batteries, and provides hours of fun for a kid. You can't go wrong with this product.

-Peter
on January 10, 2013
My boys absolutely love this set. It's a unique concept in the fact that it excludes the cars that aren't winning by throwing them off the track. My boys laugh and scream. Also, I love that it folds up (or just comes apart) so you can put it away for storage, then it assembles easy again, easy enough for my little boys to put it back together. It's a great product.
on January 13, 2014
My 4 year old daughter enjoys matchbox cars, so she received this as a Christmas gift. So far she plays with it every day, but her 12 year old sister has been known to join in, as have other kids ages 1-6 who have been to our house. The only negative might be that the "loser" cars are sort of launched off the track as they go down, so potentially a car could hit someone if their face was too close, but flipping action isn't TOO forceful. Everyone loves to see which car will win the race. It works great and best of all, folds up really nicely for easy storage. I kind of wish I had this when I was a kid!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.