Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 194 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 224 reviews
on January 7, 2015
This is exactly what I expected it to be. Matches the description to the tee - there are no surprises. I even watched a YouTube video on the track before making the final purchase. Basically, you line up four cars, push the lever, and watch to see who wins. There are two checkpoint areas that launch 3 of the 4 cars off the track. The first set (yellow areas), flip the slowest two cars off the track. The second launcher flips the next slowest car off the track; and the last car is left to win the race. There is a flag at the bottom of the track that flips up when the final car passes through the finish line. This toy works perfectly to keep my 5 & 10 year old nephews entertained. They are huge Hot Wheels fans, so that helps too :) I wouldn't recommend this for anyone much older than 10 and definitely no younger than 5.
on January 9, 2014
Pros are it's easy to set up, folds compactly and unfolds easily and quickly, and takes abuse well (my 2-year old occasionally throws it around and stands on the bottom end. My boy loves it and will ask me to play hot wheels with him, and he actually said "I love hot wheels" after I gave him this and a dozen or so cars for christmas. That he is very happy with it gives me a lot of joy. He's even experimented with raising the track higher and was excited that he made the cars go faster!! Thus, it actually is helping his creative process.

The only drawback is that, from a strictly competitive standpoint, the elimination triggers, although surprisingly well-designed for a low-cost toy, don't always work right, in that the lead car sometimes gets stuck in it or knocks itself off. It happens every once in a while, not enough to take away from the fun, but noteworthy I think. It kind of adds to the idea of racing luck I guess.

This amazon product is good because it comes without the set of cars (it does come with one goofy-looking car) and thus is a lot cheaper, so you can buy the cars you like separately and it will cost the same, or if your child already has cars, there's no reason for a bunch of extra if you don't need them and/or want to pay for them. Every toy store I went to only had it for around $40 with ~20 cars, whereas here I got it for $20 with only one car

Competition note: The Jaguar D-type and Chevelle are the fastest hot wheels we've raced thus far!!! Although, due to the chaos factor, the results are not guaranteed!

Overall, great toy for the money.
on November 6, 2014
My son, daughter and I enjoy this so much each day. Easy to assembly and provides a load of fun for hours on end. My son now has a sizeable collection of hot wheels and has his favorite racers as do I. What I love about this is at times, both cars fighting for same space and they eject each other out or side swipe each other out of the track. Again, endless fun and easy to store away.
on February 16, 2013
We've had this toy for 2 weeks. It is my boys favorite b-day gift. The two of us (and sometimes my 5 and 7 yr old girls) will play with it for over an hour a day. Lots of fun. But have plenty of HotWheels.
on January 17, 2014
I bought this for my girlfriend's 3-year-old and he has done so many races with his hot wheels cars it's ridiculous! This simple track uses gravity to let the hot wheels race, and the little yellow pieces launch the slower cars off. It's fun, easy, and great.

It is not a sturdy, solid toy; it is mean to easily fold up for storage or travel, and it does! The other reviews have said that it breaks easily, etc. well it is designed to pull apart in the middle if you want it to. So, I don't see a problem there.

For $20 it is a good deal, doesn't require batteries, and provides hours of fun for a kid. You can't go wrong with this product.

-Peter
on January 10, 2013
My boys absolutely love this set. It's a unique concept in the fact that it excludes the cars that aren't winning by throwing them off the track. My boys laugh and scream. Also, I love that it folds up (or just comes apart) so you can put it away for storage, then it assembles easy again, easy enough for my little boys to put it back together. It's a great product.
on January 13, 2014
My 4 year old daughter enjoys matchbox cars, so she received this as a Christmas gift. So far she plays with it every day, but her 12 year old sister has been known to join in, as have other kids ages 1-6 who have been to our house. The only negative might be that the "loser" cars are sort of launched off the track as they go down, so potentially a car could hit someone if their face was too close, but flipping action isn't TOO forceful. Everyone loves to see which car will win the race. It works great and best of all, folds up really nicely for easy storage. I kind of wish I had this when I was a kid!
on November 29, 2015
We have had this awhile (2-3 years) and my son absolutely loves it. It has held up to his destruction better than I could have every hoped. When folding it together, it might come-apart but not a big deal -- stays together while playing perfectly. If you are looking for a track that even a 2 y/o can manage and not break, I would absolutely recommend this. Works well with Hot Wheels and other cars of similar size. The only thing showing wear is the flags that are at the top.
on April 3, 2013
I bought this for my toddler after he played with a similar one at a friends house. He loves it and plays with it almost every day. He is 2.5, so it gets a bit of bumps and smashes and is still holding up. I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because, although it folds up, it often falls apart in the process. This is not that big of a deal as it easily snaps back together, but if the hinges were secure and actually hinges vs. snap together, my son could pull it out and unfold it and set it up himself (Like he wants to so badly) instead of me doing it.. Seriously, not that big of a deal for me, but sort of a big deal for him. My 6 and 8 year olds have no problem snapping the pieces together.
on June 6, 2013
A little over three feet long. The first portion before elimination is 4 car lengths long, about 60 feet. The same as pitcher's mound to the plate. Is that enough?

The second section is about 5 car lenghts. Less then 90 feet, from base to base.

Despite that, it is still a fun track. With four cars to start it is fun to watch which cars get out of the box first. The slow ones get flipped off the track. Best to do on carpet so they don't roll all over the place. I found sometimes for some reason the car would not always trip the switch.

It is fun to put cars together in themes: Muscle Cars, Exotics, Corvettes, convertibles, whatever, and race them. Can provide hours of fun and entertainment. Makes me wonder about the bigger/longer tracks that are available.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.